• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

3rd Period

06:46 QUE Michel Goulet Tripping 2 min

This by far the best penalty of the game.. All that shit and the refs call a trip as the only penalty in the 3rd.. Had to be a beauty of a take out.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This by far the best penalty of the game.. All that shit and the refs call a trip as the only penalty in the 3rd.. Had to be a beauty of a take out.

lol poor Michel. Think he scored that game too. I remember watching that game over my grandparents house when i was 9

lol poor Michel. Think he scored that game too. I remember watching that game over my grandparents house when i was 9

I remember the highlights, that was a blast.. There is some good content on YouTube about that one..

LOL Pretty much. It seems like fans think this is going to change year after year, and it just doesn't. This team has very rarely, if ever, had much toughness to it. Historically the Rangers are usually just a skill and speed team (Smurfs) that will fall over if you blow on them, good, bad, or indifferent.

Team was tough under Torts

LOL Pretty much. It seems like fans think this is going to change year after year, and it just doesn't. This team has very rarely, if ever, had much toughness to it. Historically the Rangers are usually just a skill and speed team (Smurfs) that will fall over if you blow on them, good, bad, or indifferent.

Well this isn't totally true. There was a big stretch not long ago where they were one of the toughest teams in the league but had absolutely no skill. The team got softer with AV behind the bench and now they have a lineup of children.

I mean the line brawl that started the Devils game is one of my favorite memories.

No, they don't have that team now but I'll be shocked if they don't try to balance some of this skill out with a bit of grit next season. They have a ton of skill, which is the hardest thing to find in the league. Teams will be hungry to make a trade with them and I think they'll make a splash.

Team was tough under Torts

It was. That was 10+ years ago. The team started losing its edge a bit with AV. It's time to get it back. With some of the players they drafted this past draft, I think they're definitely going to get back to it. Plus, offseason moves will be made.

Well this isn't totally true. There was a big stretch not long ago where they were one of the toughest teams in the league but had absolutely no skill. The team got softer with AV behind the bench and now they have a lineup of children.

I mean the line brawl that started the Devils game is one of my favorite memories.

No, they don't have that team now but I'll be shocked if they don't try to balance some of this skill out with a bit of grit next season. They have a ton of skill, which is the hardest thing to find in the league. Teams will be hungry to make a trade with them and I think they'll make a splash.

Yeah, I mean there's plenty to be excited about still. I just posted this at the same time you did, but I re-intereted that they drafted some toughness this past draft. Trading up to get a guy like Schneider tells me that JD knows that aspect of the team needs to be improved. We have free agency. So, I'm honestly not too worried about this being a lingering issue.

Penalty log from the Good Friday massacre in 84 between Habs and Nordiques. lol think both teams finished with like 8 people on the bench

Yes I remember that game it was insane and for some reason the game was on here in the NY area (me thinks)

Yeah, I mean there's plenty to be excited about still. I just posted this at the same time you did, but I re-intereted that they drafted some toughness this past draft. Trading up to get a guy like Schneider tells me that JD knows that aspect of the team needs to be improved. We have free agency. So, I'm honestly not too worried about this being a lingering issue.

Cuylle, too. They know it's one of their weaknesses.

I'm completely unsure if I should be hyped for this or just expecting to be disaapointed.

I dont see any possible way this ends well for the rangers if they try to retaliate. No way Quinn tells them to do anything dirty or play hard. Expect a regular game and a loss.

If they weren't missing valuable players going into this game, I could still see them winning whether they retaliate or not, but there's really not a whole lot here now. So, I think a loss is a safe bet unless they get an insane goaltending effort and can squeak by 3-2.

My guess based on the Trouba Lindgren scratch is that they lay down and cower and lose the game by a large margin as well. If so I will be embarrassed to be a Rangers fan tonight!

its not a scratch.. they are and have been injured

https://theathletic.com/2567578/2021/05/04/matt-cooke-on-tom-wilson-somewhat-predatory-nothing-to-do-with-the-game/

(Wilson) looked like a toddler having a fit with this last one. To me, what he did has nothing to do with hockey. This becomes about respect for your opponents and the ability to control emotions within a scenario. This last instance sheds a negative light on Tom Wilson that actually has nothing to do with the game. And I think that’s what a lot of people have the biggest problem with about this last one.

You know, he’s been given a bit of leeway just because, you know, when hits happen within a game, they’re gonna go wrong. They just are. The game is played way too fast for them not to, right?

But this one — there’s a whistle for an altercation and he continued to get in the altercation even after guys jumped in, and he continued to go after the next guy. To me, this isn’t looking a guy in the face and standing up for yourself. This is somewhat predatory.

Matt Cooke telling you that you've crossed a line has to be a new one.