• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Artemi Panarin Suffers Lower-Body Injury; Out for Remainder of Season

Phil

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does nobody challenge him after that? Season is over anyway. Just light him up. I don't understand? Do we have no heart? Honest question, do you think if Sam Bennett was here he just lets that happen and finishes the game? Would he have made a difference? Was he that kind of guy and we missed out?

Is there anyone out there who can actually play that can change how soft we are? Avery would always make teams pay for something like that by going nuts on their guys after? They would have to answer and not want to deal with it. We don't need somebody to knock out Wilson, we just need somebody with a pulse and some heart and some balls. Even Zuc would have done more than what we saw today.

How do you do nothing? Like, board Niklas Backstrom. Put him on a gurney, I don't care. Then Wilson learns some type of lesson. He just made us his bitches then mocked us and we did nothing. So soft.

• Like 1

How does nobody challenge him after that? Season is over anyway. Just light him up. I don't understand? Do we have no heart? Honest question, do you think if Sam Bennett was here he just lets that happen and finishes the game? Would he have made a difference? Was he that kind of guy and we missed out?

Is there anyone out there who can actually play that can change how soft we are? Avery would always make teams pay for something like that by going nuts on their guys after? They would have to answer and not want to deal with it. We don't need somebody to knock out Wilson, we just need somebody with a pulse and some heart and some balls. Even Zuc would have done more than what we saw today.

How do you do nothing? Like, board Niklas Backstrom. Put him on a gurney, I don't care. Then Wilson learns some type of lesson. He just made us his bitches then mocked us and we did nothing. So soft.

You basically answered your own questions. That was actually really sad and disheartening to watch. I think upper management knows the team is soft and that's why they've drafted guys like Cuylle, Robertson and Schneider. JD isn't a stupid guy, and I hope it's addressed in the offseason as well. If last night wasn't the clearest message of all time, I don't know what would do it.

That's not quite true. Players jumped in to help, there's just no one who could handle wilson at all.

I agree ,we wanted skill ,a lot of it ,now we got it ,we can't stand up to a good team that has size,forget about fighting.,we suck at it.

The NHL’s ultimate decision whether and for what duration to suspend Tom Wilson for twice body-slamming Artemi Panarin, who will miss the final three games of the season, to the ice after the Washington recidivist went upside a prone and defenseless Pavel Buchnevich’s head with a sucker punch during a second-period incident at the Garden on Monday will not be a reflection on Wilson, but instead on the league, itself.

This was not only bush-league stuff from this notorious headhunter who has been suspended five times in his NHL career, it was frightening how close his initial body slam of Panarin, on which the Washington winger grabbed a chunk of hair to gain leverage, came to causing calamitous damage.

Had Panarin’s head, rather than shoulder, hit the ice full force, the NHL might be presiding over a death.

Enough is enough. Wilson should be banned for the rest of the season and the playoffs, and he should have to apply for readmission to the league next season. A man with no hockey conscience has forfeited his right to play.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/04/nhl-must-ban-tom-wilson-for-nearly-killing-artemi-panarin-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You basically answered your own questions. That was actually really sad and disheartening to watch. I think upper management knows the team is soft and that's why they've drafted guys like Cuylle, Robertson and Schneider. JD isn't a stupid guy, and I hope it's addressed in the offseason as well. If last night wasn't the clearest message of all time, I don't know what would do it.
Trouba, Lindgren, Kreider all hurt. That's our "toughness" FWIW.

Also Sam Bennet is 6', 190. No, he's not doing shit to Wilson. It's not a matter of stepping to him. You have to beat him. Guy's obviously a bully with a screw loose.

I don't think it's so much going toe to toe with Wilson and laying a beating on him, it's more making your opposition cognizant that the tables could be turned, and it could be their key pieces dealing with the same shenanigans.

I don't think it's so much going toe to toe with Wilson and laying a beating on him, it's more making your opposition cognizant that the tables could be turned, and it could be their key pieces dealing with the same shenanigans.

I don't think any amount of external threat stops Wilson from being Wilson.

There's a marked difference between being gritty, being tough, and the brand of thuggery Tom Wilson brought to the ice yesterday. Tiger Williams wasn't stopping that from happening - no amount of toughness on the bench is stopping a thug with a screw loose knocking your PP forward down, beating his head into the ice, and then reverse-DDTing your best player.

Sure, Tiger Williams would have gotten an auto-suspension for hopping off the bench to spear Tom Wilson after the fact, but that's not really relevant to the conversation. Wilson snapped and literally tried to end two players careers.

Bruised ego is a lower body injury now? Okay.

Bruised ego? Man, you gotta pay attention the game better. He basically could have legitimately KILLED Panarin last night. Grabbing his hair so Panarin had no control of his head. Thankfully his shoulder hit first(he still had a gash on his head).

The league really must take a serious stance on this guy now. I’m not talking just the playoffs, I’m talking season(s). He came within inches of potentially killing someone.

Exactly. You don't go after him, you go for the money guys, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Carlson, Oshie etc... lay one of those guys out for an extended period of time and watch how fast Caps management calls Wilson on the carpet and tells him to cut the shit. I wouldn't be surprised if his own teammates are telling him to knock it off since it's putting the targets on their backs and not necessarily his.

Exactly. You don't go after him, you go for the money guys, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Carlson, Oshie etc... lay one of those guys out for an extended period of time and watch how fast Caps management calls Wilson on the carpet and tells him to cut the shit. I wouldn't be surprised if his own teammates are telling him to knock it off since it's putting the targets on their backs and not necessarily his.

Yeah, that's not happening. Not with the Rangers, at least. The Caps knew exactly what they could do after this, which was score four straight goals and win. Wilson even took a huge run at Rooney, I think, on his first or second shift at the start of the third period. Because he can. Because no one can stop him.

Bruised ego? Man, you gotta pay attention the game better. He basically could have legitimately KILLED Panarin last night. Grabbing his hair so Panarin had no control of his head. Thankfully his shoulder hit first(he still had a gash on his head).

The league really must take a serious stance on this guy now. I’m not talking just the playoffs, I’m talking season(s). He came within inches of potentially killing someone.

Oh thanks, I must have missed that play. I'll pay more attention next time.
  • Like 1

At some point, if the league won't step in, there isn't much the Rangers or other teams can do about this, short of going back to the enforcer system, stocking the roster with goons, and having regular donnybrooks. If that's what the league wants, that's what it will get. The fact that the Caps laughed it all off and Wilson hammed it up in the box should certainly be considered in assessing punishment. It won't. After all, boys will be boys. They sucker punch guys lying face down on the ice. They grab guys by the hair and slam them to the ice. It's just boys. Let the boys play.

As for Wilson, bringing in goons to fight him won't deter him. He does pretty well in bouts with goons. The only thing to do is suspend him for a year, as the league once did with Ted Green long ago. Also, watch the players association come to Wilson's defense. Who are Buchnevich and Panarin? Are they members? Nah.

Well. They benched a guy for slamming the penalty box door. Says a lot about the mindset of the coach and GM. No emotion allowed.