• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Artemi Panarin Suffers Lower-Body Injury; Out for Remainder of Season

Phil

Or, and here's an idea, maybe Tom Wilson shouldn't need a deterrent to behave like a goddamn grown ass man and not play like a dirt bag.

The Rangers were asking for it because they weren't well defensed enough. Good god. This wasn't a hockey play.

I was going to say the same thing. Maybe Wilson shouldn’t be a piece of shit and shouldn’t look to hurt people in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, looks like a lot of other plays I've seen watching hockey over the years. Happened in a hockey game. Altered the course of a hockey game. What's the bar for a "Hockey Play"? Who is the arbiter of that?

potentially.

I still say you take out a teammate of his. You target the shit out of a guy like Carlson. And every time, you let the entire Caps bench know why their best Dman will be injured for the playoffs.

Just look at the bench and say "Wilson did this..."

I dunno, looks like a lot of other plays I've seen watching hockey over the years. Happened in a hockey game. Altered the course of a hockey game. What's the bar for a "Hockey Play"? Who is the arbiter of that?

Punching a guy laying on the ice from behind has never been a "hockey play". Neither has throwing people without a helmet head first to ice with full force.

I dont see how that's so hard to understand.

Just rewatched it and still don’t even think Wilson did that much except be a man among boys. Why is Panarin out for the last four games? Broken pride?

Be a man among boys isn't really the phrase I would use to describe his actions whatsoever lol Seen plenty of tough guys in the league be more of a man than he'll ever be by knowing when to fight and when to show restraint.

This was more like he had a roid rage fit. Wouldn't be surprised if this character gets called in for a domestic violence incident in a few years.

A think a stick to Wilson’s kneecap might get a point across. Sure, the offending Ranger could get a fine and suspension but there are ways to do this that could make it look almost innocent. And I’m sure every player knows what that is. Either way,Wilson’s head should be on a swivel all night tomorrow.

Be a man among boys isn't really the phrase I would use to describe his actions whatsoever lol Seen plenty of tough guys in the league be more of a man than he'll ever be by knowing when to fight and when to show restraint.

This was more like he had a roid rage fit. Wouldn't be surprised if this character gets called in for a domestic violence incident in a few years.

I look at the events in two parts. The Buch part is the fine and the Artemi part is second. Artemi jumps on his back, they start wrestling and Buch tries to get back at him so it’s mayhem. Wilson is a douche. We do know that. But let’s not make it sound like anything other than Wilson stopping is what saved Artemi from further injury. Poke the bear……even though I 100% agree with sticking up for your teammates. I’m not suggesting Artemi shouldn’t have. But in the end, the Rangers need to have some guys on the roster that are hard, mean, and make life tough for the opposition for when situations like this happen

They just need to go after Carlson or Backstrom.

You're simply not going to get a guy who's going to stop Wilson from doing what he does, because Wilson has a screw loose.

You know who's going to make Wilson stop? The guys on his own team when they start getting run. They'll put him in his place pretty quickly when Lindgren crossbodies Ovechkin.

You're simply not going to get a guy who's going to stop Wilson from doing what he does, because Wilson has a screw loose.

You know who's going to make Wilson stop? The guys on his own team when they start getting run. They'll put him in his place pretty quickly when Lindgren crossbodies Ovechkin.

Exactly right. I'm just guessing here but those thinking that Wilson shouldn't act like a piece of shit as the response here didn't experience the NHL in the 80's and earlier. This kind of stuff was part of the game. It was always an arms race to deter this behavior. Having the king of the jungle on your team made your team more confident. Period.

The guys who appreciated the goons more than anybody was the stars. They were the only thing that kept order in the league. The problem here is that the NHL has quickly moved to change the game and GM's have moved to eliminate the goon. The NHL's safety department still operates like it's 1985 though. So the guys like Wilson or Reeves are still in the league because they can play. They are also 230lbs of raging brutality. There is no one in the league that can handle them if they decide to go old school. Teams have relied on them to "behave" themselves for the good of the game. Well everyone is always looking for an advantage. If I'm gameplanning the Rangers I'm playing rough all night long. The Rangers aren't finding a guy who can handle Wilson and also play a regular shift at an NHL level. The Rangers are also playing their 12th forward under 7-8 minutes a night. The Rangers are eliminated from the playoff race. Are we really saying here the Rangers can't give a Black Aces spot to a goon? We sure need one now. We needed one for Martin too. It's not a coincidence that guys are getting hurt how they are getting hurt.

Remember Probert could play too. I think Dave Schutz had some 20 goal seasons too. Teams employed lesser players who had only one purpose to not allow Bob Probert or Dave Schutlz to run roughshot over their team.

Last night in the third period I watched a scared intimidated hockey team. They were handling the puck like a hand gernade and looking over their shoulders to avoiding getting hit. Not a good look at all.

Bingo.

Bingo.

That is the only chance he stops before he seriously hurts someone and the league finally tosses him. He still may not but there is no way the Caps stars will tolerate him putting a target on their back. They will handle it in house and if he doesn't comply with his teammates he will be moved.

What a shit season for Panarin (from a personal/continuity/injury perspective)... He needs to go somewhere warm and sit on the beach for 5 months.

And Pete is 1000% correct.. Need Smith to go full Braveheart on Backstrom or Carlson tonight.

What a shit season for Panarin (from a personal/continuity/injury perspective)... He needs to go somewhere warm and sit on the beach for 5 months.

And Pete is 1000% correct.. Need Smith to go full Braveheart on Backstrom or Carlson tonight.

It's honestly bullshit that this is really the solution, though. We shouldn't need to see Backstrom on a stretcher to feel like justice is served here. That's 10 kinds of fucked up to ask a player who had no role in an incident to bear the consequences of a teammates' actions.

I get it, it's "the code" or whatever, but it's stupid.

It's honestly bullshit that this is really the solution, though. We shouldn't need to see Backstrom on a stretcher to feel like justice is served here. That's 10 kinds of fucked up to ask a player who had no role in an incident to bear the consequences of a teammates' actions.

I get it, it's "the code" or whatever, but it's stupid.

I don't disagree it's a barbaric way to respond.. But sadly the NHL has proven over and over again that they don't care.. Apparently we need the Capitals to police this, and unfortunately they are probably going to have to feel a tangible painful impact for them to start managing their own.

Backstrom doesn't need to be put on a stretcher. He simply needs to be put into a position to defend his teammates and front offices actions. Brendan Smith should drop the gloves and pummel him. It's ridiculous for sure. The idea that Backstrom has to worry about this and answer for Wilson's actions is the point. He has to be pissed off beyond belief that it's his problem. Well now you know the Rangers feelings. Why does Panarin need to be dragged into this shit either. BECAUSE OF TOM WILSON. Suspensions and fighting him does not change his behavior. His behavior now consists of him attacking Panarin followed by taunting from the penalty box and tweets from his team about how proud they are of his actions. The NHL took a pass. There is no other way for this to go. The entire league is watching tonight. The Rangers are on notice here. Be sure if there is no response what the message will be to rest of the league. You may not like that reality but this is the bind the league has put them in.

Backstrom doesn't need to be put on a stretcher. He simply needs to be put into a position to defend his teammates and front offices actions. Brendan Smith should drop the gloves and pummel him. It's ridiculous for sure. The idea that Backstrom has to worry about this and answer for Wilson's actions is the point. He has to be pissed off beyond belief that it's his problem. Well now you know the Rangers feelings. Why does Panarin need to be dragged into this shit either. BECAUSE OF TOM WILSON. Suspensions and fighting him does not change his behavior. His behavior now consists of him attacking Panarin followed by taunting from the penalty box and tweets from his team about how proud they are of his actions. The NHL took a pass. There is no other way for this to go. The entire league is watching tonight. The Rangers are on notice here. Be sure if there is no response what the message will be to rest of the league. You may not like that reality but this is the bind the league has put them in.

Exactly. If I were Backstrom, Carlson, Hags etc... I’d be telling Wilson to cut the shit because it’s putting my career on the line.