• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers v. New York Islanders // A Little Bit Alexis

funny story - old office I had, 2 jobs ago, I used to interview a lot of English is a 2nd language candidates. After the office was painted, for some reason I left up the 'Wet Paint: Do Not Touch' sign. I used to ask candidates to read the sign and what it meant.

Lol Point taken. We’ll make sure it’s in Russian

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know... it's almost like we should have complained that the kids werent getting ice time earlier in the season, so they could be consistent contributors when the games matter...
This season was fucked up in lots of ways. The kids did make progress. But, as promised, I yield the argument on Quinn. They needed to bring their best and totally failed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

During the first period, I kept on wanting to hit freeze frame on the remote and ask "why does this guy have 10-15 feet of space all around him in which to operate?" Isn't that a matter of defensive systems, and don't coaches have something to do with that?

Rod, you remember the first 4-5 years of expansion when we were young fans. There were certain players who feasted on the expansion teams but against the established teams, no so much. Well, I don't have to complete this thought, do I?

Why doesn't the corner of the glass at the end of bench have a huge pad, like a football goalpost?

During the first period, I kept on wanting to hit freeze frame on the remote and ask "why does this guy have 10-15 feet of space all around him in which to operate?" Isn't that a matter of defensive systems, and don't coaches have something to do with that?

Rod, you remember the first 4-5 years of expansion when we were young fans. There were certain players who feasted on the expansion teams but against the established teams, no so much. Well, I don't have to complete this thought, do I?

Why doesn't the corner of the glass at the end of bench have a huge pad, like a football goalpost?

Yup.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

....and in this wet bag of shit effort by our beloved Rangers, here are the finalists for tonight's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Immodium...(because this game gave me the Hershey Squirts!)

Hope you went with Miller, Keirik haha

Good call Morph!! :thumbs:

Phil don’t give out NMCs
I think Puck has a NMC, Josh ;)

Find me a more Rangers way to lose a game than that?

Absolutely fucking perfect. Like an Alanis Morrissette song.

Depends on the 3 way, but I never pay for Hyman.
Neither did Johnny Olla! LOL

I think Panarin must have sprung a few rubles for those super special vip seats up against the glass because he’s parked himself there all night.

In big games like this, instead of ads on the boards, Rangers should start putting “Do Not Touch - Wet Paint” just to keep Artemi away from there.

...And the winner is the Big K, with his solution to peeling Panarin's pansy ass off the perimeter boards!!

Good Christ we sucked tonight!!!

We'll get 'em Saturday night!! :thumbs:

Actually I think saying their balls dropped is too much of a compliment. They didn't even do that, they remain shriveled and inside. They've had their fair share of crappy performances this season and in the past, but this seemed like rock bottom to me. There was just absolutely nothing. I don't care how tough the Islanders are to play against, and it's not a good matchup for the Rangers, but a performance like that at this juncture on home ice is unacceptable.

Brooks is on the mark here:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/29/rangers-shakeup-coming-after-no-show-islanders-loss/

Rangers shakeup coming after season-crushing no-show

This one is going to reverberate within the walls of the Rangers’ executive suite this summer. Or at least it should.

Because on yet another night opposing a team that was dedicated to taking away their time and space, in yet another game where will was going to be a more important ingredient than skill, the Blueshirts came up puny.

This falls back on the leadership group. This also falls back on David Quinn, the head coach whose team not only lost decisively, but seemed lost from the get-go. The players were scattered and disconnected in all three zones. This one did not reflect well on anyone.

Artemi Panarin was shockingly inept and never once was a factor in this one, failing to send one shot on net.

You can bring Scotty Bowman in here and it won't make a bit of difference if this roster makeup doesn't change. Way too many soft players, in fact do we have any that isn't soft. The toughest guy on the team is Lindrgren who's tough because he's good at taking a beating. That's not to excuse Quinn because he's clearly over his head but to me this problem is nothing new. JD and Gorton has failed this team miserably by not addressing the roster after last season's noncompetitive showing in the bubble. It's great to amass so much talent but it's way to much of the same thing. It's past time to bring in some guys who will play a man's game. Some meat and potatoes players. It's not about bringing in one guy. This has to be about a complete roster reconstruction. Have an actual fourth line. Have some guys in the top 6 that are hard to play against.

Look this team top players are Fox, Panarin, and Zib. Everyone of them has been awful in these tigher games. All three of them have great numbers but disappear when the games ratchet up in physicality and structure. It's great to blame the coach and he is awful too. However what chance does this team have when their top 3 guys are no shows in these games? Fox for the Norris? Great. Why is nobody here asking what happened to our Norris trophy defenseman last night? Where was Panarin? How come Zib can score 12 goals in 3 games against a team who plays pond hockey so he's forgiven when he sucks when the opponent actually competes? The whole team was bad, he's playing with so and so, etc. etc. Excuses for these guys. Bottom line is actual Norris trophy winners, MVP candidates, and number 1 centers earn those titles because they produce and perform no matter the opponent. That's why they get paid 11 million a year. What our 19 year old kids are doing or Brett Howden's uselessness has zero to do with why this team looks so lost in these games. There is nobody on this roster who's capable of dragging anybody into the fight. There is nobody other than a previously waiver wired Brendan Smith willing to pay all the costs to win. When 90% of your roster is going to settle for the path of least resistance you are fucked. When your top players are the leaders in that mindset you are finished. You may entertain for parts of the season and even out skill opponents and put up 10 goals some nights. You may put up 12 points in two games distorting your season performance and fooling the video game generation.

Fact is this team has a problem with it's top players. They don't need to rid themselves of all of them. However if I'm Gorton and JD I'm subtracting 2 from the top 6. To me anyway I'm starting with Zib

""

im starting and finishing with the coach here, at least this season. Maybe one other player, but this starts with DQ unfortunately, who has done a below average job to this point, and very clearly is not equipped to get this team ready to win big games. Rod Brind'Amour coaches the Canes and has been a head coach in this league for just as long as DQ: https://www.hockey-reference.com/coaches/brindro01c.html

The product was pretty clear on the ice last year that there is a difference between a coach who knows what to do and a coach who doesn't, and this guy doesn't. It starts there, and I'm willing to give this roster another look with a real coach behind the bench, but after that change if there's another shitshow like this, then it's time to start thinking wholesale changes.

An important thing to remember is that the young guys here are still very young, and they need these types of experiences to understand what it takes to win these games, but they also need a mentor/teacher for that and DQ is not the guy. Sorry but he has to go.

You can bring Scotty Bowman in here and it won't make a bit of difference if this roster makeup doesn't change. Way too many soft players, in fact do we have any that isn't soft. The toughest guy on the team is Lindrgren who's tough because he's good at taking a beating. That's not to excuse Quinn because he's clearly over his head but to me this problem is nothing new. JD and Gorton has failed this team miserably by not addressing the roster after last season's noncompetitive showing in the bubble. It's great to amass so much talent but it's way to much of the same thing. It's past time to bring in some guys who will play a man's game. Some meat and potatoes players. It's not about bringing in one guy. This has to be about a complete roster reconstruction. Have an actual fourth line. Have some guys in the top 6 that are hard to play against.

Look this team top players are Fox, Panarin, and Zib. Everyone of them has been awful in these tigher games. All three of them have great numbers but disappear when the games ratchet up in physicality and structure. It's great to blame the coach and he is awful too. However what chance does this team have when their top 3 guys are no shows in these games? Fox for the Norris? Great. Why is nobody here asking what happened to our Norris trophy defenseman last night? Where was Panarin? How come Zib can score 12 goals in 3 games against a team who plays pond hockey so he's forgiven when he sucks when the opponent actually competes? The whole team was bad, he's playing with so and so, etc. etc. Excuses for these guys. Bottom line is actual Norris trophy winners, MVP candidates, and number 1 centers earn those titles because they produce and perform no matter the opponent. That's why they get paid 11 million a year. What our 19 year old kids are doing or Brett Howden's uselessness has zero to do with why this team looks so lost in these games. There is nobody on this roster who's capable of dragging anybody into the fight. There is nobody other than a previously waiver wired Brendan Smith willing to pay all the costs to win. When 90% of your roster is going to settle for the path of least resistance you are fucked. When your top players are the leaders in that mindset you are finished. You may entertain for parts of the season and even out skill opponents and put up 10 goals some nights. You may put up 12 points in two games distorting your season performance and fooling the video game generation.

Fact is this team has a problem with it's top players. They don't need to rid themselves of all of them. However if I'm Gorton and JD I'm subtracting 2 from the top 6. To me anyway I'm starting with Zib

""

Almost agree entirely. None of the top three should get a pass, Fox was equally as guilty for disappearing. I fully agree Scotty Bowman doesn't coach any grit into this bunch either nor in my opinion does Quinn coach any grit out of it. They are who they are and that's a finesse pretty small boy team not built to succeed in playoff type hockey. They'll have a really solid regular season under normal circumstances with some gaudy numbers along the way and shit the bed when push comes to getting shoved around. Along with the wet paint signs maybe they can install the electric cattle fencing to at least force them a few feet off the walls.

I think the problem is way bigger than one off season, I think they've kind of backed themselves into a corner in a pretty big way. Meaning if they unload a guy like Zib I don't see how they make up the offense. The talk of moving Kreider I find funny because of the NMC.

Things could be worse no doubt about that they can be entertaining against a lot of teams in the league during the regular season on most nights. But imo they're missing something that can't be taught, I don't think they even showed a hint of it last night and that's mind numbing yet not surprising based on the makeup of the group and the eggs they've laid before.

Firing Quinn is only one step in many that needs to happen.

• Like 1

Almost agree entirely. None of the top three should get a pass, Fox was equally as guilty for disappearing. I fully agree Scotty Bowman doesn't coach any grit into this bunch either nor in my opinion does Quinn coach any grit out of it. They are who they are and that's a finesse pretty small boy team not built to succeed in playoff type hockey. They'll have a really solid regular season under normal circumstances with some gaudy numbers along the way and shit the bed when push comes to getting shoved around. Along with the wet paint signs maybe they can install the electric cattle fencing to at least force them a few feet off the walls.

I think the problem is way bigger than one off season, I think they've kind of backed themselves into a corner in a pretty big way. Meaning if they unload a guy like Zib I don't see how they make up the offense. The talk of moving Kreider I find funny because of the NMC.

Things could be worse no doubt about that they can be entertaining against a lot of teams in the league during the regular season on most nights. But imo they're missing something that can't be taught, I don't think they even showed a hint of it last night and that's mind numbing yet not surprising based on the makeup of the group and the eggs they've laid before.

Firing Quinn is only one step in many that needs to happen.

I guess the question is does firing Quinn all of sudden cause these guys balls to drop and become men? Firing Quinn can get you some tactical and preparation benefits that no doubt would benefit this team. Competing and desire though is not something that is taught I don't think. Accountability of course is a directed by the coach and team leadership but desire is a personality trait. You either have it or you don't. Being confrontational is a natural thing as well. Way to many passive personalities on this team.

From game 1 of this season to last night what has changed? Identical scores and identical efforts and compete against your biggest rival. Last night is 1000 times more damning because of the playoff implications. Last night nobody even got angry.

I just don't see how the fundamental problem of personality and makeup of the individual players on this team is a Quinn problem. Unless you're bringing in a Torts type, who's going to demand toughness from everyone. I get that but in the end that will mean a mass shakeup of this roster because a guy like Torts is going to hate a lot of these rink turning, stay to the perimeter, pass always players. Of course you need some of those guys and even Torts recognizes that but shit you wouldn't have 10 guys left from this roster.

There's absolutely no way Brooks DOESN'T read this forum!!!

Jesus, he just reiterated pretty much all our banter from the past week.

I hope he sends you royalties, Phil!!! :rofl:

are we like super geniuses or something that Brooks cant come up with this shit on his own? There's no rocket science to this, if you watch the games and i'm sure he does

are we like super geniuses or something that Brooks cant come up with this shit on his own? There's no rocket science to this, if you watch the games and i'm sure he does

It's all the cross talk as to what the hot topics are/were:

Anything, Quinn...

Being a soft team/team chemistry

Georgiev sucking

..I dare mention that guy, you know who....and I won't do it! ;)

I've noticed that in a 3 or 4 day turn-around, Brooks pretty much uses our ammo for a lot of his material.

Hey, at least he's staying current with "what's hot"! LOL

It's all the cross talk as to what the hot topics are/were:

Anything, Quinn...

Being a soft team/team chemistry

Georgiev sucking

..I dare mention that guy, you know who....and I won't do it! ;)

I've noticed that in a 3 or 4 day turn-around, Brooks pretty much uses our ammo for a lot of his material.

Hey, at least he's staying current with "what's hot"! LOL

Unless you see Brooks mention Pete, i think its safe to assume Brooks gets his material from twitter