• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#49) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Last Call for Wings!

Let what go? Simple question. I'm not comparing the two cases. The players are different cases but the "immature" action was the same. In fact ADA's was done while using 4-0 in the third period. Strome did it up by two goals with 2 minutes left. Strome was not called by the official but could have been, it was out of his hands. Strome is supposed to be a leader on this team. ADA was never confused as such.

Yes, it was immature. Did it cost us an extra two minutes? Did it put us in a deeper hole than we were already in? Is it a pattern of behavior?

No across the board? Cool. Not comparable, and since it didn't cost us anything, not worth discussing. Let the ADA thing go already.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now. The team that is absolutely, positively going nowhere, was beaten by the team that at this time is actually looking like a team that is trying to get somewhere. Nice win at home with the added bonus of a 3 goal game from #93; you naysayers remember him, no? Yeah. That's the guy. Name is MIKA Z. The player that was vilified by many here. Now they are chomping at the bit to get on the Mika-wagon. Hopefully, the team that is actually somewhere, will falter down the stretch, and the team that is trying earnestly to get somewhere will be able to. More vital data provided by the YUOA. Stay tuned for updates. Ciao.

...And here are the finalists of last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Tito's:

Kakko looking like he just pulled garbage duty after scoring that goal.

Buch wouldn't shoot in a gun range

Does this team take stupid pills every time it gets a lead?

........The winner is The Dude with his take on Kakko's goal celly expressions....Good one man!! ;)

I was at the game last night, sat in Sec. 214, Row 1 (my season tixs are in Sec. 213, Row 16, so since I am familiar with that area of the arena is what made me choose Sec. 214)

Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2019.

I really enjoyed the game with 2000 fans. Wish all games can be maxed out with 2000 fans. Since Covid and even before covid, as I get older, I get more agitated in being in large crowds.

Pretty cool being able to hear the occasional yell by the players, and can hear every single player hit the board or puck hitting the stick, enjoyed the ambient sound of the game with such a small crowd.

Didnt hear Strome "slam" the penalty box door so thats how insignificant that debate is.

Ranger fans are still Ranger fans even with the 2000 fans, cackling woman screaming SHOOT constantly even when the Rangers have the puck BEHIND the Sabres net.

Went to the bathroom 2x during the games, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.

Got something to eat, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.

Took less than 2 minutes to exit the building after the final buzzer.

I was at the game last night, sat in Sec. 214, Row 1 (my season tixs are in Sec. 213, Row 16, so since I am familiar with that area of the arena is what made me choose Sec. 214)

Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2020.

I really enjoyed the game with 2000 fans. Wish all games can be maxed out with 2000 fans. Since Covid and even before covid, as I get older, I get more agitated in being in large crowds.

Pretty cool being able to hear the occasional yell by the players, and can hear every single player hit the board or puck hitting the stick, enjoyed the ambient sound of the game with such a small crowd.

Didnt hear Strome "slam" the penalty box door so thats how insignificant that debate is.

Ranger fans are still Ranger fans even with the 2000 fans, cackling woman screaming SHOOT constantly even when the Rangers have the puck BEHIND the Sabres net.

Went to the bathroom 2x during the game, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.

Got something to eat during 2nd intermission, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.

Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2019.

Went to the bathroom 2x during the game, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.

Got something to eat during 2nd intermission, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.

Fuckin' Aye, Blue!!

Sounds like you had a blast, man!!! I can't wait 'til they allow us all back in there and that place is a madhouse again. I miss that building when it's rockin'!

:thumbs:

Bottom line is Strome's actions are no big deal and are not worthy of discussion. Exactly the case for the weak excuse to bench ADA for doing the same 2 periods into the first game. That's the point. It was a bogus excuse to rid themselves of him to begin with. All the other reasons are worthy but slamming the door was never anything but a reason to grease the wheels.

Bottom line is Strome's actions are no big deal and are not worthy of discussion. Exactly the case for the weak excuse to bench ADA for doing the same 2 periods into the first game. That's the point. It was a bogus excuse to rid themselves of him to begin with. All the other reasons are worthy but slamming the door was never anything but a reason to grease the wheels.

The bottom line is that if ADA was a player with character and not a whiny little bitch, he'd either be here or on another NHL team right now.

But you can keep claiming he's the victim here, 4 months later.

post-63918-ace-ventura-obsess-much-gif-im-L3Dj.gif

• Like 1

Yes these things have been discussed months ago. Many people here bought the excuse of him slamming the door as a reason to bench him and as another example of his toxic behavior. If it's an example of ADA's "toxic behavior" then what it is it when Strome does it. I argue that it's just a frustrated player and evidence of nothing. It's curious to see why the same behavior only matters in certain cases. It was there first game of the season. Also Strome has a deep history of taking bad penalties, lazy penalties. Which he did last night. Result of the game shouldn't matter. Standards and discipline are established through consistency and process. His penalty could have very easily resulted in a pp goal and a 1 goal game. Maybe next time it does cost them. Maybe next time the ref calls him for unsportsmanlike too

Yes these things have been discussed months ago. Many people here bought the excuse of him slamming the door as a reason to bench him and as another example of his toxic behavior. If it's an example of ADA's "toxic behavior" then what it is it when Strome does it. I argue that it's just a frustrated player and evidence of nothing. It's curious to see why the same behavior only matters in certain cases. It was there first game of the season. Also Strome has a deep history of taking bad penalties, lazy penalties. Which he did last night. Result of the game shouldn't matter. Standards and discipline are established through consistency and process. His penalty could have very easily resulted in a pp goal and a 1 goal game. Maybe next time it does cost them. Maybe next time the ref calls him for unsportsmanlike too

Doubt it. Strome is the salt of the earth and not a douchebag with a history of abusing officials.

A moment of frustration, because he has no history of abuse.

DeAngelo has had this rap since before he was drafted. You are conveniently ignoring the pattern of behavior and drawing a false equivalence.

May be the Rangers management could have done things differently with DeAngelo; may be it would have turned out differently, but given his history, probably not. Simple fact is he was told over and over he needed to shut the fuck up. His outbursts were well past insubordination. He was told in ways great and small he needed to keep his opinions to himself on numerous occasions by everyone from the GM down to the stickboys(and have it on good authority the stickboys is not a joke, but a fact). And it had nothing to do with politics.

So I'm an obsessive troll truther. Got it. I'm here discussing a moment from last nights game in the GDT and being questioned as to why. I'm discussing Rangers hockey which is why I thought this board existed. Apparently doing so has triggered the mob. I never stated he was a victim in fact I explicitly stated that the OTHER reasons were the reason he was benched and exiled and said so. Problem is the Rangers want it both ways. They said he was benched for slamming the penalty box door. They said it was immature and just the latest example of the players selfishness. They said all these things and acted out towards their player to say this behavior will not be tolerated. I thought it was bullshit from day 1.

Many here used it as their justification as to them benching the player 40 minutes into a newly signed extension. The mismanagement here was always the issue. ADA was worthy of a two year extension with nobody holding a gun to their head. Then he slams the penalty box door and everything changes. Nobody especially me is saying there wasn't other issues, mainly an inconvenient twitter account. The Rangers can't admit his dismissal had everything to do with that. As you can see slamming the door is a minor problem. Paul O'Neill is beloved in this town for such desire to win. But ADA, no of course it's the slamming of the door why half the fanbase hates him. Or it's his actions in Juniors at 16 that is just something you can't get over. Of course if you defend his ouster you're a truther but if you support his ouster you're just an honest broker of reality. Of course your reasoning has nothing to do with politics, only mine does. You're all above the board. Why don't you guys just admit it, you hate ADA for political reasons. I'm defending him for the same and calling out how ridiculous it is that he was banished for political beliefs. The Rangers have been bullshit from day 1 about this. Everyone knows it, not sure why anyone is so scared to admit it.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what the facts are, TDA truthers live in their own world. Very odd hill to die on IMO but to each their own.

What the fuck are you talking about? What world do I live in? A world where people shouldn't be punished for their beliefs. Yeah your right.

...And here are the finalists of last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Tito's:

........The winner is The Dude with his take on Kakko's goal celly expressions....Good one man!! ;)

Thanks Oz. Everyone was always joking about Buchnevich looking like someone kicked his puppy, but god did Kakko look like just scored the lonely goal of the opposite end of a blow out.

Thanks Oz. Everyone was always joking about Buchnevich looking like someone kicked his puppy, but god did Kakko look like just scored the lonely goal of the opposite end of a blow out.

He looked like he put it in his own net!!!

That one made me laugh out loud though, Dude man!! :thumbs:

Kakko has become an emotionless assassin. Bring on phase 2 of the Winter Soldier program.

I'll tell ya what though, G man....His game is pretty solid right now. I'm really liking his work on the boards, and Pete hit the nail on the head with his assessment; Kakko is getting his chances more off the cycle, than off the rush...which is a needed change of pace for this squad. He's skating with confidence and seems to be playing a "bigger" type game. He's been tough on the puck, and it's very noticeable over the last few weeks. That goal he scored on Sunday in front of the net spoke volumes to me...Laffy was there too!!! I like it!!

I think next season he takes an even bigger step forward.

It's tough to not be encouraged by the amount of progress they've made this year...especially Kakko! :thumbs:

I'll tell ya what though, G man....His game is pretty solid right now. I'm really liking his work on the boards, and Pete hit the nail on the head with his assessment; Kakko is getting his chances more off the cycle, than off the rush...which is a needed change of pace for this squad. He's skating with confidence and seems to be playing a "bigger" type game. He's been tough on the puck, and it's very noticeable over the last few weeks. That goal he scored on Sunday in front of the net spoke volumes to me...Laffy was there too!!! I like it!!

I think next season he takes an even bigger step forward.

It's tough to not be encouraged by the amount of progress they've made this year...especially Kakko! :thumbs:

On that PP goal he scored, he wasn't afraid to go to the net and bat the puck in with two guys right on top of him. That's what you like to see.