• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#49) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Last Call for Wings!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tenor.gif?itemid=5782422

The answer is yes he did. It's not about moving on. I like Strome. Quinn set the standard for discipline for such an action. Many agreed with that standard, including you. The players are two totally different cases I understand. But the action of slamming the door is either immature and selfish or it is not.

Mika ought to take Tokarski out for ice cream after the game. Preferably Dustin's favorite, Mr. Softee.

OK, so here's what it would take:

1. Rangers stay 4 points back over the next five games. Easier said than done given that Boston has Pitts once, Devils twice and Buff twice, while we have Buff once, Islanders twice and Caps twice.

2. Rangers beat Boston twice in regulation.

3. Bruins lose in regulation to both Islanders and Washington to close out regular season.

It's still quite a stretch.

The answer is yes he did. It's not about moving on. I like Strome. Quinn set the standard for discipline for such an action. Many agreed with that standard, including you. The players are two totally different cases I understand. But the action of slamming the door is either immature and selfish or it is not.

Was the game close or were the rangers struggling when he took the penalty? Did his actions lead to a bigger hole because he took an unsportsmanlike over it?

The answer is no. And therefore, this isn't comparable to the incident you're referring to.

Make like Elsa and let it go.

If you understand they're two different cases why are we even having this conversation?

Move on. It's such a tired topic.

Was the game close or were the rangers struggling when he took the penalty? Did his actions lead to a bigger hole because he took an unsportsmanlike over it?

The answer is no. And therefore, this isn't comparable to the incident you're referring to.

Make like Elsa and let it go.

Let what go? Simple question. I'm not comparing the two cases. The players are different cases but the "immature" action was the same. In fact ADA's was done while using 4-0 in the third period. Strome did it up by two goals with 2 minutes left. Strome was not called by the official but could have been, it was out of his hands. Strome is supposed to be a leader on this team. ADA was never confused as such.

Not worth discussing? Just snide make like Elsa? It's worth discussing. Especially if you are going to carry on about the need for leadership on this team. Which is a constant discussion on this board. First, Quinns ever changing rules for discipline and who it applies too. Second, Strome the team leader taking a careless penalty then slamming the door which should have resulted in an extra penalty. Third, the obvious hypocrisy that slamming the door ever upset any fan. It's all about the player and the dislike for him personally. Strome is very likable therefore nobody cares, including me.

• Like 1

If you understand they're two different cases why are we even having this conversation?

Move on. It's such a tired topic.

I'm talking about slamming the door only. How is that a tired topic. To my knowledge it hasn't happened since the ADA incident. Gorton and Quinn made it out as a problem and the reason a player was benched for 2 games after 2 periods into the season. That same player then didn't react well to be benched for 2 games for slamming a door. I'm fine with letting that go.

I'm just curious to see how they can justify that same action from a team leader. Even better be totally ignored by everyone. Slamming a door was the cause of great controversy here and ADA's defenders have long thought is was about other reasons. You guys in fact have leaned on Quinn and Gorton's explanation of ADA's dismissal being the slammed door and his reaction to his benching as the last straw. I agree the slamming of the door is no big deal and it should have never been and it wasn't in ADA's case

I'm talking about slamming the door only. How is that a tired topic. To my knowledge it hasn't happened since the ADA incident. Gorton and Quinn made it out as a problem and the reason a player was benched for 2 games after 2 periods into the season. That same player then didn't react well to be benched for 2 games for slamming a door. I'm fine with letting that go.

I'm just curious to see how they can justify that same action from a team leader. Even better be totally ignored by everyone. Slamming a door was the cause of great controversy here and ADA's defenders have long thought is was about other reasons. You guys in fact have leaned on Quinn and Gorton's explanation of ADA's dismissal being the slammed door and his reaction to his benching as the last straw. I agree the slamming of the door is no big deal and it should have never been and it wasn't in ADA's case

Because it was a three goal win. Instead of focusing on all the positives including a 2 goal game by Kakko and a hat trick by Zib - you're posting about the minutiae of someone slamming a penalty box door. And dragging a former player into a game day thread. Digging pretty hard to find negatives on a banner day.

We spent a month establishing that the discipline meted out to ADA came after a long string of behavioral issues that spanned multiple seasons, making the team's treatment of him at the beginning of the season a unique culmination of actions and events. It was never about a single comparable "immature action." For the life of me, I don't understand why that information is so difficult to truly absorb. But LGR!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lafreniere on that top line has been great. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Quinn to break up that number one line to put him there, but to his credit, he did, and it's worked out wonderfully. Zac Jones is looking pretty comfortable already. That bit of skating he did on the PP leading up to that goal was nice. Not only do we see a nice one-time from Kakko, but getting into the dirty areas to score a goal with the man advantage. You love to see it. Even Kreider is looking a bit more comfortable on that third line.

Lafreniere on that top line has been great. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Quinn to break up that number one line to put him there, but to his credit, he did, and it's worked out wonderfully. Zac Jones is looking pretty comfortable already. That bit of skating he did on the PP leading up to that goal was nice. Not only do we see a nice one-time from Kakko, but getting into the dirty areas to score a goal with the man advantage. You love to see it. Even Kreider is looking a bit more comfortable on that third line.

Agreed! Probably wasn't easy in the sense that he's set in his ways, but Kreider definitely did not deserve to be there. Kreider was playing like a 3rd liner, and now he's there and to be honest is doing pretty well with the kids. Chytil and Kakko at least have started to look better.

Laf has looked more dangerous and more creative. 3 points in his last 2 games.

Because it was a three goal win. Instead of focusing on all the positives including a 2 goal game by Kakko and a hat trick by Zib - you're posting about the minutiae of someone slamming a penalty box door. And dragging a former player into a game day thread. Digging pretty hard to find negatives on a banner day.

Negatives; Michelle Gingras and her huge mask and nonsense questions. "Fries or onion rings?" "Batman or Superman?" "Favorite color?""If you could choose between free pizza and beer forever or a Ford Mustang convertible...?" . Also she doesn't ever talk to anyone else on the broadcast. Do they not like her? IS she stuck up?

The MSG broadcast is really a mess.