• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would You Like to See From This Team for the Remainder of the Season?

Now that we are almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs(it was fun little fantasy while it lasted), am curious as to what everyone else would like to see from this team the last 10 games or so?

Me personally, in no specific order would love to see:

*Less Kreider and Blackwell in the Top 6, and much more Kaako & Kravtsov getting a serious look there.

*Morgan Barron and Zac Jones get to play at least 6 of the last 10 games(throw them to the wolves and let them make mistakes when it doesn't matter).

*An extended look at Chytil centering Panarin. I am fine with the idea of Zibanejad & Strome getting locked up long term even though it will thoroughly cap fuck us, but seeing Chytil's growth, it is irresponsible to not see what he can do there in meaningless games.

*No more Bitteto. It was a great little feel good story at the beginning of the season, and I have no problem signing him as an AHL call-up type next season, but would much rather see someone like Reuanen get the ice time.

Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2-3 games to be legitimately mathematically eliminated, and we can start getting a sneak preview of what the future may hold.

What does everyone else think?

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we are almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs(it was fun little fantasy while it lasted), am curious as to what everyone else would like to see from this team the last 10 games or so?

Me personally, in no specific order would love to see:

*Less Kreider and Blackwell in the Top 6, and much more Kaako & Kravtsov getting a serious look there.

*Morgan Barron and Zac Jones get to play at least 6 of the last 10 games(throw them to the wolves and let them make mistakes when it doesn't matter).

*An extended look at Chytil centering Panarin. I am fine with the idea of Zibanejad & Strome getting locked up long term even though it will thoroughly cap fuck us, but seeing Chytil's growth, it is irresponsible to not see what he can do there in meaningless games.

*No more Bitteto. It was a great little feel good story at the beginning of the season, and I have no problem signing him as an AHL call-up type next season, but would much rather see someone like Reuanen get the ice time.

Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2-3 games to be legitimately mathematically, and we can start getting a sneak preview of what the future may hold.

What does everyone else think?

All of this, Muddy...and add in Will Cuylle. I wanna see them play the kids and compete like it still means something...kinda like a preliminary tryout for next season...but only in real games that still matter.

...and no DiGuiseppe! Just the sight of him makes my balls itch! He's a UFA after this season, and could very well be working at fucking McDonald's, where at least they could put him in charge of turnovers...APPLE!!!...and it'll be a value/add to the company!

• Like 1

Keep the glue going with what is working; sprinkle the kids in where the holes exist in the lineup, including where pending UFA's are taking a spot. I think this team has the talent and future success by the balls. Time to find the chemistry and team identity.

Never again hear the words "That was a pass, Joe!".

Last night has to solidify this team need for a more physical in front of the net offensive attack. The personnel is all looking to make the next pass. They're locked into Panarin and Zib(would think?) , but as to the rest, decisions have to be made.

Need to sit down with Kreider and ask what he thinks his role is, and if he might like to be elsewhere. Physically he should be part of the solution, but he is not.

1. Kravtsov get more ice time

2. Switch up the lines. Get a mix of vets and kids together. Maybe Laf-Zib-Buch, Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov, Laf-Chytil-Kreider or some combination that just gives us a different look

3. Zac Jones and Tarmo Reunenan. Let's see what else we have in this stockpile of defensive talent

• Like 1

No more Blackwell.

No more Bitetto

Two PP Units with an equal spread of kids and vets that get equal time.

No more kid line, spread them out, get them points.

AND LEAVE THE LINES ALONE NO MATTER WHAT. Nobody fucking cares if they lose now. It's over.

More Kravtsov. Last night when Kreider was playing like garbage again, he was getting ice time where Kravtsov wasn't, and I'm like, "Why!?" No more of that, please.

1. Kravtsov get more ice time

2. Switch up the lines. Get a mix of vets and kids together. Maybe Laf-Zib-Buch, Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov, Laf-Chytil-Kreider or some combination that just gives us a different look

3. Zac Jones and Tarmo Reunenan. Let's see what else we have in this stockpile of defensive talent

No more Blackwell.

No more Bitetto

Two PP Units with an equal spread of kids and vets that get equal time.

No more kid line, spread them out, get them points.

AND LEAVE THE LINES ALONE NO MATTER WHAT. Nobody fucking cares if they lose now. It's over.

Agree with all. Time to elevate Kravtsov and mix up the lines with youth and vets and leave it that way. Fuck anyone's ego at this point. Utilize the last 10 games with focus on the kids, especially with PP time.

I would personally take Zibanejad and Kreider off PP1.

Kravtsov

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Fox

Kreider

Zibanejad - Lafreniere - Buchnevich

Jones (nothing against Miller, just want to see what Jones has here)

When it comes to ego, you're forgetting the worst one of all...David Quinn. That guy is stubborn as Hell and I really have no faith he will do any of this unless they are mathematically eliminated. Even then, I have doubts.

Exactly, the guy makes terrible in-game adjustments, if any at all.

So first things first - I am going to assume that until the tragic number actually hits, they're going to make all decisions with the possibility - no matter how remote - that they'll make the playoffs. So the first thing I'm going to expect is that everyone is going to be pissed as shit that the kids aren't getting Panarin-level ice time tomorrow.

When things get more crystallized and it's clear we're not in:

I want Filip Chytil playing as if he were the 1c. Hook him up with Panarin. Give him PP1 time. He's too big, too strong, and too quick to be this marginalized. Let's see what he's got. Generally the same for Kakko, Lafreniere.

I think we should give Reunanen, Barron, and Jones a good trotting out.

Stop playing Blackwell with Panarin and Strome. We love him. He's a good story. He's a fourth liner on our team next year barring a teachers pet situation - let's just get him away from that.

Can Julien Gauthier play center?

• Like 1

So first things first - I am going to assume that until the tragic number actually hits, they're going to make all decisions with the possibility - no matter how remote - that they'll make the playoffs. So the first thing I'm going to expect is that everyone is going to be pissed as shit that the kids aren't getting Panarin-level ice time tomorrow.

When things get more crystallized and it's clear we're not in:

I want Filip Chytil playing as if he were the 1c. Hook him up with Panarin. Give him PP1 time. He's too big, too strong, and too quick to be this marginalized. Let's see what he's got. Generally the same for Kakko, Lafreniere.

I think we should give Reunanen, Barron, and Jones a good trotting out.

Stop playing Blackwell with Panarin and Strome. We love him. He's a good story. He's a fourth liner on our team next year barring a teachers pet situation - let's just get him away from that.

Can Julien Gauthier play center?

Like Hajek, I sadly think Gauthier is a victim of the numbers game and is traded for something insignifigant in the off season.

I simply don't see how he gets into the Top 9 next season barring a rash of injuries or trades.

Like Hajek, I sadly think Gauthier is a victim of the numbers game and is traded for something insignifigant in the off season.

I simply don't see how he gets into the Top 9 next season barring a rash of injuries or trades.

Yeah - Gauthier is probably the prime candidate for the expansion draft, tbqh. I don't see him as a Ranger come July.