• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would You Like to See From This Team for the Remainder of the Season?

No plans for next week as of now. Let me know a when and where.

Next Thursday is looking pretty solid against the Isles....7pm.

We can go to Tailgaters...AKA: The old 10th Inning, right by you.

At least we'll have sound there...although I've been getting tired of hearing Sam Rosen fuck up every save call these days!! So I guess sound isn't too important! Beer is though!!!

....Look who I'm telling!!! :rofl:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No more Blackwell.

No more Bitetto

Two PP Units with an equal spread of kids and vets that get equal time.

No more kid line, spread them out, get them points.

AND LEAVE THE LINES ALONE NO MATTER WHAT. Nobody fucking cares if they lose now. It's over.

This. I really don't care what Laf looks like with Zib because that's Kreider's spot, so it doesn't matter. I don't get the point of shuffling the lines when we're likely bringing back the same top 9.

That said, I'd see what Barron has between Kakko and Laf. My patience with Chytil is wearing thin.

This. I really don't care what Laf looks like with Zib because that's Kreider's spot, so it doesn't matter. I don't get the point of shuffling the lines when we're likely bringing back the same top 9.

That said, I'd see what Barron has between Kakko and Laf. My patience with Chytil is wearing thin.

Dude.....BINGO!!!

I think a guy that can provide a net front presence like that, will do wonders for those two....or any two on that line. Chytil's been playing like he has an impacted TamPax.

Put Chytil in in a number of different circumstances, like PP, and see what happens.

Flip Kratsov and Blackwell, but keep on giving Blakwell spot duty on PP and top line.

Put in Gauthier and scratch Howden. Come on, nothing is going to become of the latter!

Try more occasional 4th line demotions to get CK started. It might not work, but it can't hurt.

It's interesting that Chytil is probably having his best statistical season yet and we all think he's not giving near enough.

He's looked good. IMO its just about giving him a bigger role now.

He needs to improve his face offs for that to happen I think

It's interesting that Chytil is probably having his best statistical season yet and we all think he's not giving near enough.

He's more of the same and not a prototypical 3rd line C. I thought he'd have taken Strome's spot by now, but Strome won't let him.

There's just no room for him and he hasn't distinguished himself. He was way more dynamic than Lias, and now Kakko and Krav are more dynamic than he is.

I hope Chytil gets in the gym over the summer. He looks too thin and frail to me. He's got a ton of talent, but I think he needs to put on some weight/muscle if he's going to stand in front with bulkier defenseman.

I hope Chytil gets in the gym over the summer. He looks too thin and frail to me. He's got a ton of talent, but I think he needs to put on some weight/muscle if he's going to stand in front with bulkier defenseman.

He does but I also feel like he already has vs his rookie season

He's 6-2, 200. He isn't small. He plays small. So getting bigger won't help.

He's 6-2, 200. He isn't small. He plays small. So getting bigger won't help.

Is he really 200lbs??? Looks like a good breeze could knock him over. Maybe he had rocks in his pockets when they weighed him, Pete! LOL

Seriously though, yeah...he plays "small" is right. He's got a lot of talent, but I don't see him supplanting your guy Strome, and his game is not a 3C/4C type.

• Like 1

Is he really 200lbs??? Looks like a good breeze could knock him over. Maybe he had rocks in his pockets when they weighed him, Pete! LOL

Seriously though, yeah...he plays "small" is right. He's got a lot of talent, but I don't see him supplanting your guy Strome, and his game is not a 3C/4C type.

6'2" 206lbs according to NHL.com

must have had a subway sandwich before the weigh in.

The problem being, he was never producing enough.

So, when a player is producing slightly more than below expectation, is that player really contributing?

Again, still a career high of 23 points. Yey?

His talent doesn't show up. This was a dumb approach when comparing Andersson with Chytil, and the excuse was that Chytil had a flashy play once every 183 games.

So, it's either the coach doesnt allow the player to show the talent, or the player doesnt have the talent. Regardless, the player doesnt have the talent to be a successful player under this coach.

His talent doesn't show up. This was a dumb approach when comparing Andersson with Chytil, and the excuse was that Chytil had a flashy play once every 183 games.

So, it's either the coach doesn't allow the player to show the talent, or the player doesn't have the talent. Regardless, the player doesn't have the talent to be a successful player under this coach.

Which do you think it is, Josh?

When I look at both of them, I don't really think either of them could replace what Strome has given us so far. I also think this team needs to address that bottom six, which is not a terrible problem to have, because I think finding the top 6 is a lot harder, and especially having the Defense Corps. pretty much on the verge of outstanding in a couple of seasons.

The other problem is that Chytil doesn’t factor anywhere on the team aside from even strength. He doesn’t get PP time despite our top two centers being on one unit. I’m also not sure his skill set would lend well to a PP unit.

He’s also not going to ever kill penalties. Plus we have two 4th line centers already killing penalties. It’s probably our easiest position with need of an impact upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Rangers have many problems to deal with but the penalty kill is pretty much last on the list as far as an impact upgrade. Chytil needs to play with better wings. Lafreniere kinda pisses me off seeing him all happy go lucky, chummy chummy on the bench and after games because his effort and decisions on ice are not looking good. He's been given a free ride all season but he seems more interested in making friends than actually playing great hockey. His cheeks are red on the bench but I'm starting to think it's from hot wings before games. I need to see what all these scouts saw.

The other problem is that Chytil doesn’t factor anywhere on the team aside from even strength. He doesn’t get PP time despite our top two centers being on one unit. I’m also not sure his skill set would lend well to a PP unit.

He’s also not going to ever kill penalties. Plus we have two 4th line centers already killing penalties. It’s probably our easiest position with need of an impact upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

How does his skillset not lend to a PP unit? His skillset is ideal for a PP unit.

Part of a rebuild isnt trying young guys in roles and ultimately taking them off because they suck there. You have to get guys develop in these roles.

Put him on PP. He has obvious skill.

I'll tell you what I want. I want some fucking discipline for the rest of the season. I want to see structure dominate. And, at this point I want to see the vets knuckle under and buckle down and buy into that so the kids can learn it too.

No more of this attitude that Strome displayed after one of the Philadelphia massacres saying, well, we're artistes you know and we're kind of east-west and we have that je ne c'est quoi and ... Just fuck the fuck off. I love Panarin but last night he turned it over every time somebody looked at him sideways. You cannot rely on freestyling - even really good freestyling - against solid defensive teams. We'll pound the shit out of crappy Devils and Flyers teams and get pounded by disciplined Pens and Islanders teams. That is no fucking way to win a Stanley Cup.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There was one point in the Islanders game where I saw four Islanders in the thin area between their own blue line and he red line. I would like to see DQ post a picture of that and ask his team, "well what are you going to do about it? Skate through it?"