• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would You Like to See From This Team for the Remainder of the Season?

I'll tell you what I want. I want some fucking discipline for the rest of the season. I want to see structure dominate. And, at this point I want to see the vets knuckle under and buckle down and buy into that so the kids can learn it too.

No more of this attitude that Strome displayed after one of the Philadelphia massacres saying, well, we're artistes you know and we're kind of east-west and we have that je ne c'est quoi and ... Just fuck the fuck off. I love Panarin but last night he turned it over every time somebody looked at him sideways. You cannot rely on freestyling - even really good freestyling - against solid defensive teams. We'll pound the shit out of crappy Devils and Flyers teams and get pounded by disciplined Pens and Islanders teams. That is no fucking way to win a Stanley Cup.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I totally agree that's what's missing.

Not to make this another thread about Quinn, but what you're asking for is simply not happening before there's a change behind the bench.

It's literally word for word my argument against DQ as a long term solution. We're almost 3 full seasons in and yet there is not even an indication that the very basics of a competitive NHL team is starting to take shape.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what I want. I want some fucking discipline for the rest of the season. I want to see structure dominate. And, at this point I want to see the vets knuckle under and buckle down and buy into that so the kids can learn it too.

No more of this attitude that Strome displayed after one of the Philadelphia massacres saying, well, we're artistes you know and we're kind of east-west and we have that je ne c'est quoi and ... Just fuck the fuck off. I love Panarin but last night he turned it over every time somebody looked at him sideways. You cannot rely on freestyling - even really good freestyling - against solid defensive teams. We'll pound the shit out of crappy Devils and Flyers teams and get pounded by disciplined Pens and Islanders teams. That is no fucking way to win a Stanley Cup.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bingo, and this is where coaching is critical and why no one can convince me this coach is capable of pulling this off. The next step, whenever they're ready to pull it off, is going to come with the help of a much stronger strategist and structuralist.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's not what Strome said LOL.

He said when they play that way and don't adapt, they struggle. Quinn said it. They all say it.

You're not going to get Zib, Buch, or Panarin to change. They're veterans. They are who they are. When it works it's lovely. When it doesn't, it's a problem.

We have no change of pace line. That's why the current third line + Krav have their work cut out unless folks in top 6 start leaving.

I totally agree that's what's missing.

Not to make this another thread about Quinn, but what you're asking for is simply not happening before there's a change behind the bench.

It's literally word for word my argument against DQ as a long term solution. We're almost 3 full seasons in and yet there is not even an indication that the very basics of a competitive NHL team is starting to take shape.

When Quinn does his post game, he criticizes the team like he's some kind of outsider. "Well, they did that too much fancy passing east-west thing again. I told them. Maybe next time they'll learn." I don't know if he feels like Panarin/Strome/recovered Zib score too much for him to criticize or what.

One thing I'll say for Trotz, it's his way or no way and if you're not in he'll find somebody who is. I don't know if it's Quinn's NHL inexperience or a character flaw or what, but - and I don't claim to know what's going on in there - but it just feels like he's pleading with them rather than exerting authority.

That being said, I think it would have been more disruptive (in a fundamentally disrupted year) than productive to switch out coaches this year. But if they can't show a program that the team is bought into next fall, JD and Gorton need to do what it takes to fix it .

That's not what Strome said LOL.

He said when they play that way and don't adapt, they struggle. Quinn said it. They all say it.

You're not going to get Zib, Buch, or Panarin to change. They're veterans. They are who they are. When it works it's lovely. When it doesn't, it's a problem.

We have no change of pace line. That's why the current third line + Krav have their work cut out unless folks in top 6 start leaving.

Which highlights another problem: they're homogeneous. Understanding there's a production disparity, what's the structural difference between Zibanejad, Strome, and Chytil? They're the same type of player. The same goes for most of their forwards. Kakko, Kravtsov, Lafreniere, Panarin —*they all, fundamentally, play the same exact way. It's so easy to coach against. Even Panarin can be shut down with a highly-physical forecheck that relentlessly attacks him when he has the puck.

When I look at the rosters/teams I think are best-primed to go deep in the playoffs, their construction is a lot more mixed. The Caps, to me, have the best possible construction. They spread the wealth right now with Wilson, Mantha, and Eller on three different lines, but all three can be put together in the playoffs to create a third line that can just abuse opposing teams with impunity.

The best the Rangers could do to replicate this would be to go with some combination of Kreider, Strome, and Blackwell? Good luck with that.

They're going to need a new coach to develop a stronger identity that elevates them from "little Ducks tricks," but they're going to need new players to make noise in the playoffs IMO.

last nights loss means our playoff chances are unofficially offically done.

Laf looked pretty good on a line with Zibanejad though and i thought had a pretty good game. Kakko should've buried the one that Laf set him up for.

Lets keep Laf on that line. Lets get Blackwell off the line with Panarin and put Kakko on that line, he's looked good in his chances playing with Panarin.

Blackwell has started to show recently that he's not the type of player who deserves to be on a line with Panarin. People thought Strome's success was reliant on Panarin, but it's guys like Blackwell that truly are reliant. Seems like a good teammate and decent 4th line guy. He's not a long-term option, especially not on a higher-up line.

But end of the day, all I wanna see from this team is some fuckin balls. No playoffs this year? fine, these last 9 games are our Stanley cup. Fuckin battle, play the spoiler if you can, win some tough games. who knows, maybe you get lucky and boston fucks off the rest of the season and you sneak in. Probably not but at least play like every game is Game 7

But end of the day, all I wanna see from this team is some fuckin balls. No playoffs this year? fine, these last 9 games are our Stanley cup. Fuckin battle, play the spoiler if you can, win some tough games. who knows, maybe you get lucky and boston fucks off the rest of the season and you sneak in. Probably not but at least play like every game is Game 7

Spot on !!!!!! You had 2 huge games in front of you and and they showed up without a set. You would think after the Islander game it would've put a hot poker iron up their ass instead they came out with a limp dick

I'll tell you one thing I don't wanna see.....No more DiGuiseppe!!! I don't even know his first name; Phil, Anthony, Vinny, Vito...whatever...

I'd rather have Tessio or Clemenza!!! At least they fucking shoot!!! :rofl:

I'll tell you one thing I don't wanna see.....No more DiGuiseppe!!! I don't even know his first name; Phil, Anthony, Vinny, Vito...whatever...

I'd rather have Tessio or Clemenza!!! At least they fucking shoot!!! :rofl:

They do shoot, I would also rather have Barzini.