• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trouba Suffers Suspected Concussion; Out for Remainder of Season

Phil

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a different team without him and shows more each time he's out. I've been slowly sliding into his corner since this season started and now I'm fully convinced they can't go without him any time soon even if they overpaid. One of the very very few who can dish it out. Hopefully it's not a bad head injury going forward (beyond this season) when it comes to the head injury scorecard.

Despite him being overpaid by a couple of million or so, I will never deny his overall value to the team. I don't see why you would bring him back at this point. Just put him on protocol and take it easy, better to be safe than sorry. Luckily they have defensive depth. I'm sure we'll see Jones get a cup of coffee here at some point.

It's a different team without him and shows more each time he's out. I've been slowly sliding into his corner since this season started and now I'm fully convinced they can't go without him any time soon even if they overpaid. One of the very very few who can dish it out. Hopefully it's not a bad head injury going forward (beyond this season) when it comes to the head injury scorecard.

Just shows the need for this organization to bring some grit and size in.

Can’t lose Trouba and have it be the end of times because we have no one who can replace his size/effectiveness.

Reminds me of Flatley blowing up Becks shoulder

What a deflating moment

The team wasn't the same after Trouba got hurt and I'm starting to buy in to what he brings to this squad in terms of leadership. You guys nailed this, and I hope he's ok moving forward. The last 3 weeks or so, he's done a pretty good job back there, in my opinion.

The whole Kreider thing was just terribly mistimed. If they knew they were getting the top pick, I bet they wouldn't have given him that deal, or any deal, really. Now they are saddled with it, and an even more invisible Kreider than we're used to seeing during his traditional invisibility periods, and it sucks.

As we sit here with 6-3, 220 pound Kreider, that's quite a large vagina.

Never ceases to amaze me how small he plays.

Come on Phil...Trial by Fire!!!

He can't be worse than Howden! Jesus! I've seen enough of him? ;)

LOL. He has to go back to Junior next season.

The team completely folded when Trouba went down. The defense was suddenly very exposed and there was a noticeable hole in the lineup. I've already said this, but the Trouba hate is misguided. He's an incredibly important piece of this team.

It's nice that everyone's playing well (aside from last night). It's nice that Buch is having a career year. But I'd really like to seem them trade Buch, move Kakko and Kravstov up and fill in the 3rd line wing with a heavy veteran forward who can bring a different element. If the Rangers want to make the playoffs next year, you can't have Trouba being the only player willing to toss people around. I'd love for the 4th line to get meaner as well. Islanders looked like a playoff team last night. We did not.