• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers @ New Jork Islandevils // It's a Trap (Game)!

Phil

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to play around on the perimeter; good luck with that against a coach with a plan and a team that follows it. Quinn is getting exposed again; there's no backup plan. .

Kakko is the king of taking the puck to the boards, something he should grow out of...i hope.

Kreider needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror. This disappearing act for 10-20 games per season is not good enough.

Of course he can cry all the way to the bank, but he's going to hold this team back.

Why would he do that? Scored 2 goals in the last 4 games (Basically two EN's) and Quinn keeps talking about how important he is cause of leadership bs and he remains on the 1st line playing big minutes.

He probably think he's playing alright and there's nothing wrong.

OH LOOK A SOG! Took him just 57 minutes.

Down 6-1in an important game... No production or effort from your top 2 lines... Doesn't the coach send a message and fucking BENCH THEM?

How do you leave your goalie in there? There was no time out called. Nothing. WTF is he doing?

I'm more disappointed in not seeing any change or adapting from the Rangers against a clearly well prepared Islanders team. They came out trying the same game plan as the shitty Devils expecting it would work.

I'm more disappointed in not seeing any change or adapting from the Rangers against a clearly well prepared Islanders team. They came out trying the same game plan as the shitty Devils expecting it would work.

Did you really expect DQ to come out with a plan here?

The plan is "please Panarin, Strome, Mika, Buch save my job".

Kravtsov didnt even play 10 minutes lol.

By far our most noticeable player, created chances, had a point. AND HE GETS 9 MINUTES WITH THE 4TH! Seriously, wtf is DQ doing? Is he not watching the games?

Kravtsov has been miles better than Kreider since his debut. He's still being burried on the 4th line while Kreider is skating around in circles.

And that’s always been one of Quinn’s two biggest flaws.

1. His personnel decisions

2. His in game adjustments (or lack thereof)

It's happened a lot against superior teams. Now I know Quinn is well-liked by the high command, and there isn't great personnel to grind it out. But there's no Plan B if Zib and Panarin's lines aren't producing. And how many times do you hear Sam say "that was a pass" and wonder why the coaching staff isn't demanding they simply get the puck to the net instead. Or if theya re and it's being ignored. Maddening.

Quinn has no back up plan. None.

He’s overmatched at this level, and the superstardom of people like Panarin and Zibanejad have saved his face the last two seasons.

To get where we are primed to get to, he isn’t the man.

He’ll get another job. Just isn’t ready for a playoff push. Way too many issues with him leading a team.

Kravtsov didnt even play 10 minutes lol.

By far our most noticeable player, created chances, had a point. AND HE GETS 9 MINUTES WITH THE 4TH! Seriously, wtf is DQ doing? Is he not watching the games?

Kravtsov has been miles better than Kreider since his debut. He's still being burried on the 4th line while Kreider is skating around in circles.

They play on opposite sides of the ice. If you have issue with Kravtsov's ice time, you want him playing over Blackwell and Kakko.

And that’s always been one of Quinn’s two biggest flaws.

1. His personnel decisions

2. His in game adjustments (or lack thereof)

I know man. How the fuck does this team expect to win a 7 game playoff series without being able to adjust/adapt. Playoffs this season are a pipe dream and even if they make it in, it'll be no difference from the sweep last year against the Canes.

He can play LW. He can even play center.

And give him Blackwell's ice time. Dont really care. Just give Krav more ice time and Kreids less, it shouldn't be that hard.

They are opposing wingers on this team, not what they "can" be. Kreider playing less means another LW playing more. Who do you want with increased ice time — Lafreniere or Rooney? Because neither is very good either.

They are opposing wingers on this team, not what they "can" be. Kreider playing less means another LW playing more. Who do you want with increased ice time — Lafreniere or Rooney? Because neither is very good either.

Krav has played on the left for this team aswell. Its not a problem for him. DQ keeps talking about "giving the team the best chance to win", that would be with more Krav and less Kreids, even if he has to play on the "wrong" side.

If someone else played like Kreids the last 20 games they would've been a healthy scratch the last 10 games, but cause it's a "veteran" we're supposed to say fuck it and just let him play like garbage?

Must win game against a rival. We lose a leader and a physical presence in Trouba early. Down 3-0 early and things look bad. Kreider's response? -3, 1 SOG (in the last 3 minutes of the game), 1 hit, 0 takeaways and totally invisible.

Krav has played on the left for this team aswell. Its not a problem for him. DQ keeps talking about "giving the team the best chance to win", that would be with more Krav and less Kreids, even if he has to play on the "wrong" side.

If someone else played like Kreids the last 20 games they would've been a healthy scratch the last 10 games, but cause it's a "veteran" we're supposed to say fuck it and just let him play like garbage?

Must win game against a rival. We lose a leader and a physical presence in Trouba early. Down 3-0 early and things look bad. Kreider's response? -3, 1 SOG (in the last 3 minutes of the game), 1 hit, 0 takeaways and totally invisible.

I mean, I'm with you in principle, I just don't think they're directly related, is all. I'd also have no problem graduating Kravtsov to the right of Panarin and Strome, full-time.