• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers @ New Jork Islandevils // It's a Trap (Game)!

Phil

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen drags his feet. We start bed time at like 7:15/7:20. Bath would be before that, right after dinner, basically. If I did a bath + teeth + reading starting at 7:15, he'd be sleeping at 10pm. LOL.

Once he starts pushing his bed time out, I'll watch more of the starts, but we split bed time duties, so I'm always going to miss a chunk of every game.

So what you're saying is you don't even watch the games.

They go to bed during the game, homie. Weekend daytime starts are only on if the weather is shit. If it's great, they're outside, burning off energy.

I usually start every game (7pm start), then do bedtime routine about five minutes into the period. By the time we're through pajamas, teeth brushing, and reading books, I maybe catch the start of the second, but on average, I watch the full third period, a chunk of the second, and a fraction of the first. C'est la vie.

Rookie.

Avery goes to bed by 7ish, but my wife takes her up 90% of time.

We let Ryan watch the 1st period, start the bedtime routine during intermission, snack during the 2nd period, and then book/brush/bed during 2nd intermission.

Rookie.

We let Ryan watch the 1st period, start the bedtime routine during intermission, snack during the 2nd period, and then book/brush/bed during 2nd intermission.

Same here with Nora. Wife takes her in right at 7. But Owen still sleeps like 10-11 hours. So watching chunks of the game isn't really an option. He's usually ready to pass out right around 8pm, regardless. I'd have to completely reconfigure our process just to even try it.

I think it's fair to say the final 11 games are "must-win" games. Not realistic, of course, but that's just how it is at this point to have a chance.

Definitely, but especially the head-to-head games against the Isles and Bruins. Not just must win, but must win in regulation.

Rookie.

So you know I gotta ask. Avery and Ryan named after Rangers or ? Like the names btw.

So you know I gotta ask. Avery and Ryan named after Rangers or ? Like the names btw.

Ha! Not directly. When we first got pregnant, we didn't find out the sex. Ryan was a name we heard a lot in the house due to Callahan and McD, as well as Avery. We liked Ryan because it's not really common, but also not uncommon for uncommon sake. I wasn't gonna name my kid John, or Mooncrater.

So when he showed up he got the boy name, and we saved Avery for the next kid. When we found out the sex, luckily enough we didn't have to think up more boy names LOL.

Side note, Avery's middle name is Lynn (after my mom), and we did toy around with Brooke Lynn (since we're born and raised BKNY). Then I decided with a name like Brooke, it would be too difficult to keep her off the stripper pole, so Avery it is.

Ha! Not directly. When we first got pregnant, we didn't find out the sex. Ryan was a name we heard a lot in the house due to Callahan and McD, as well as Avery. We liked Ryan because it's not really common, but also not uncommon for uncommon sake. I wasn't gonna name my kid John, or Mooncrater.

So when he showed up he got the boy name, and we saved Avery for the next kid. When we found out the sex, luckily enough we didn't have to think up more boy names LOL.

Side note, Avery's middle name is Lynn (after my mom), and we did toy around with Brooke Lynn (since we're born and raised BKNY). Then I decided with a name like Brooke, it would be too difficult to keep her off the stripper pole, so Avery it is.

The whole Ryan thing has carried over now with Strome, so there's that.

• Like 1

Lol awesome. I think you def made the better choice. But if you ever have another kid and name it Henrik, I’m calling bs on this not being Rangers related

Pro tip. Don’t go with Igor.

Kappo is a good dog name. Mika a good cat name. Vitali is a good homosexually inclined hamster name.

Funny, we're thinking about getting a German Shepard and the names we're down to are Hank, Mika, and Kaapo. My wife does not watch any games but knows the good players are the ones she overhears on the broadcast (Panarin's not a great pet name). Only issue with Kaapo is the possible confusion with the Nazi terminology...

Funny, we're thinking about getting a German Shepard and the names we're down to are Hank, Mika, and Kaapo. My wife does not watch any games but knows the good players are the ones she overhears on the broadcast (Panarin's not a great pet name).

Everyone knows you name your dog after your best friend in 1st grade.

Funny, we're thinking about getting a German Shepard and the names we're down to are Hank, Mika, and Kaapo. My wife does not watch any games but knows the good players are the ones she overhears on the broadcast (Panarin's not a great pet name). Only issue with Kaapo is the possible confusion with the Nazi terminology...

You could just go through the "evolution of saying Kaapo Kakko" my kid has gone through.

First, it was Poppo Paco. Then it was Cocko Cocko. Now it's Clocko Taco.

• Like 1