• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers @ New Jork Islandevils // It's a Trap (Game)!

Phil

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they were down 6-0 before losing to the Penguins 7-6. Helluva an effort from them

Almost feel bad for them.

Came back from 4-0 to 4-3 and 3-0 to 3-3 just to get 0 points against the rangers the last two games and now almost a 6-0 comeback.

I guess they’re finding out that its hard to win games with Lindy sorting out the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This game definitely showed the Rangers still have a bit to go when it comes to really being a contender again. They're getting there, but just not yet. The Islanders may not be the most glamorous team to watch at times, but they play tough, winning hockey. The kind of hockey you need to play to be successful in the postseason too. They were a couple of wins away from playing for the Cup. Plus, they are very well coached, which also makes a difference. Barry Trotz is one of the best of this generation.

A bit? They got smoked and completely out coached at every turn. There's no structure or layering to this club and it still lacks any identify outside of the ability to score pretty goals off a rush. They can't cycle, they can't grind, they never change gears and they have no real swagger to speak out outside of Trouba and Smith. It's almost like Brooks was right all along about how they're a homogeneous group who really need some added muscle/meat and potatoes to change their dynamic when 8-1 victories can't be had because they're playing against big boy players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

...And here are the finalists for last night's OZZY, Post of the GDT....sponsored by Cyanide capsules

I've been extremely critical of the Trouba deal since day 1, but holy fuck I feel naked without him in the lineup.

fore.

3619E098-B612-4FBB-9368-AEEFA92BC989.jpeg.37c9e3ac725ed54f1f8f7c75633d0f73.jpeg

Hands down...RMC takes the top spot. ...by the way, I gotta get me one of those!!!

Once again, the team that is going somewhere took it to the team that is " trying " to go somewhere but is actually going nowhere at the moment. The teams that are already somewhere, are continuing to push towards the play-offs, while the team that is trying to go somewhere, continues to tread water or fade into oblivion. Poor exhibition from a group that talks big but never quite measures up to the fact that they are just not determined enough to actually get somewhere. This NYR team, made up of players of all ages and capabilities, is still in a position to get somewhere. However, if the players that have disappeared in many games don't play as if they want to actually get somewhere, then the current NYR will once again become a team that is going absolutely nowhere. Regards from the YSUOA!