• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Spitlight: rmc51

Albatrosss

You show up for a summer bbq in your honor at your in laws house. Everyone is there. Parents, Grandparents, in laws, extended family. As you get out of the car someone your shirt gets snagged and tears so badly it’s unwearable. No time to leave. You have two shirts in the trunk with slogans on it. Which one do you choose?

1. “I Like My Meat Rubbed, Jerked, and Pulled”

Or

2. “Just The Tip I Promise”

#1. And I hope its a heart graphic instead of "like". Time to find out who loves me for me and not because they have to.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not a PC elitist lol. I play all of these though. Historically more xbox than the others.

Leetch. Won't want to commit huge cap to a goalie for a while now, as good as Lundqvist was. Sounds crazy now, but I could see Fox overtaking both if we re-asked in 10 years.

Nash

I'll just skip the obvious answers, like satellite phone. I'll go a gun and 2 bullets. Two tries to off myself. It might have worked out for Hanks in the movies, but it ain't working out for me.

Last of Us, Halo, Mario, League of Legends, Rocket League, GTA . That's 6 and includes series, but whatever. It's my "spitlight" I can bend the rules. I've played the shit out of all of these at one time or another, though not really anymore.

I was a plasma Pistol/Battle rifle kinda guy!! :thumbs:

Definitely not a PC elitist lol. I play all of these though. Historically more xbox than the others.

Leetch. Won't want to commit huge cap to a goalie for a while now, as good as Lundqvist was. Sounds crazy now, but I could see Fox overtaking both if we re-asked in 10 years.

Nash

I'll just skip the obvious answers, like satellite phone. I'll go a gun and 2 bullets. Two tries to off myself. It might have worked out for Hanks in the movies, but it ain't working out for me.

Last of Us, Halo, Mario, League of Legends, Rocket League, GTA . That's 6 and includes series, but whatever. It's my "spitlight" I can bend the rules. I've played the shit out of all of these at one time or another, though not really anymore.

Oh shit, Rocket League in the top-5... Gotta say I totally agree

1. Best Mario game of all time?

2. Scarier fictional alternate reality - the Matrix, Idiocracy, Equilibrium?

3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

4. What superpower would you want to have?

5. FMK - Pelosi, Hillary, Waters

1. I know it should be "one of the classics", but Super Mario Odyssey blew me away, so I'll go with that.

2. I never seen the last 2. I read the synopsis for both and Equilibrium sounds terrifying. I think I'll put this on my list to watch now.

3. Kauai.

4. Whatever that chick in XMen has that controls stuff with her mind, and can read minds.

5. Hilary, Pelosi, Waters in a murder suicide so I don't have to live after being associated with any of these witches

Any game that can extract as many hours of my time as Rocket League has, deserves a spot. It's so simple, yet competitive, fast pace, sports related, and right up my alley.

Agreed. And it never feels old.

It's my most played game ever, according to Steam. I probably have more time in CS total though many of those hours were pre-Steam.

You're the man Ozzy. You know how it's done

Tough to get double and Triple Kills like that 'cause you know how long it takes that Pistol to heat up, but I got a couple of "Kill-taculars" with Sticky-Grenades. Those little twerps online didn't know what hit 'em!!

Damn, I miss Halo!!! :thumbs:

1. Did you play hockey growing up?

2. Did you play any other sports?

3. Rate your athleticism in general on a scale of 1–10, 1 being basically immobile, and 10 being should have sought a pro career.

4. What's your job/career, and is it what you wanted to be doing? If not, what's your dream job/career?

5. Do you have any pets?

Bure - Lindros - Jagr (should have kept him here)

Sauer - Zubov

Probably beating the Devils in the playoffs in 09. Avery driving Brodeur/fatso wild was awesome. And the Devils were good for so long it was nice to see the tables turned that year.

The office

I don't deal with it at all. My wife better learn to crank

for me it was a low point in modern rangers history

1. Did you play hockey growing up?

2. Did you play any other sports?

3. Rate your athleticism in general on a scale of 1–10, 1 being basically immobile, and 10 being should have sought a pro career.

4. What's your job/career, and is it what you wanted to be doing? If not, what's your dream job/career?

5. Do you have any pets?

1. Not organized. Didn't have the money or the time for that. I grew up ice skating though, and playing some occasional "stick n shoot" at a local rink for a few years when I was a kid.

2. Baseball

3. Idk, a 6 maybe. I consider myself a little more athletic and coordinated than your average 30 something adult male

4. Software engineer. I originally went to school on a physical therapy tract and didn't get exposed to coding until I actually did some computer science coursework a few years into my college life. I knew it was for me as soon as I started doing it though, so I switched. Dream job growing up was always pro baseball, not that I ever had a chance lol

5. 1 cat, for now

1. Not organized. Didn't have the money or the time for that. I grew up ice skating though, and playing some occasional "stick n shoot" at a local rink for a few years when I was a kid.

2. Baseball

3. Idk, a 6 maybe. I consider myself a little more athletic and coordinated than your average 30 something adult male

4. Software engineer. I originally went to school on a physical therapy tract and didn't get exposed to coding until I actually did some computer science coursework a few years into my college life. I knew it was for me as soon as I started doing it though, so I switched. Dream job growing up was always pro baseball, not that I ever had a chance lol

5. 1 cat, for now

I'd kill to go to a stick and shoot (or stick and puck as I know them) right now. Not a single rink I can find is doing them at the moment (corona)

for me it was a low point in modern rangers history

No way, really? I wasn't even a huge Avery fan like some were, but I relished that series and the moments he provided against Brodeur. Also, there wasn't a lot of high notes between 2000 and 2009 and that's what I was restricted to

I'd kill to go to a stick and shoot (or stick and puck as I know them) right now. Not a single rink I can find is doing them at the moment (corona)

I've wanted to go back and do it even in my adulthood. Never got around to it though. I'd like to expose my son to hockey at a younger age, but he's some time away yet. Only 18 months. I didn't start skating until I was probably 7 or 8 so I really don't know what age to bring him. I've read between 2 and 3 years old, but idk?

I've wanted to go back and do it even in my adulthood. Never got around to it though. I'd like to expose my son to hockey at a younger age, but he's some time away yet. Only 18 months. I didn't start skating until I was probably 7 or 8 so I really don't know what age to bring him. I've read between 2 and 3 years old, but idk?

I lived in Queens until December- used to go to the stick and puck in flushing meadow - was like $10 for hour and a half and depending on the day was usually pretty empty. I think these are off at the moment. I've tried northwell ice, newbridge arena, freeport and one or two other rinks out on long island and they're closed to open hockey at the moment too.

City Ice in long island city has the mini rinks for rent as well - was like $15 for an hour but I think during covid they raised their prices. Pretty sure these are open as of today.

Not sure where you are but maybe that helps.

I lived in Queens until December- used to go to the stick and puck in flushing meadow - was like $10 for hour and a half and depending on the day was usually pretty empty. I think these are off at the moment. I've tried northwell ice, newbridge arena, freeport and one or two other rinks out on long island and they're closed to open hockey at the moment too.

City Ice in long island city has the mini rinks for rent as well - was like $15 for an hour but I think during covid they raised their prices. Pretty sure these are open as of today.

Not sure where you are but maybe that helps.

I grew up in upstate NY, and now in NC, but thanks!

Where in upstate NY did you grow up?

What college did you go to?

How good is NC BBQ?

Do you have a favorite BBQ joint?

Utica

SUNY IT (Polytechnic now)

Pretty good, but not a fan of "eastern NC style" which is heavy on a vinegar bbq sauce. Western NC style is a traditional bbq sauce most everyone is accustomed to.

I used to love this place called Smokeys, hole in the wall bbq run literally out of a shack. I think over the years they got too popular/busy for their own good. Quality has dipped but still good. Personally, my favorite now around here isn't even based in the south. It's a smallish BBQ chain that originated in Ohio called City Barbecue. They do an unreal job.