• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jersey Ads Could Become Reality As Early As 2022-23 Season

Phil

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will undoubtedly cause a massive backlash, but I personally don't care. I never notice helmet ads the same as I never notice any others. I'm not going to notice these either, so I'm not going to bother feigning outrage, especially over something that's necessary to prevent a seven-year flat cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This will undoubtedly cause a massive backlash, but I personally don't care. I never notice helmet ads the same as I never notice any others. I'm not going to notice these either, so I'm not going to bother feigning outrage, especially over something that's necessary to prevent a seven-year flat cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would hope it never happens, but I understand why it probably will and that said +1 to the overall theme of Phil's post.

Oh I thought you were pro-helmet ads. Better update my list.

Anyways, does any actually believe this money is going to anyone but the top execs?

No lol. They're being opportunistic and cash grabbing now, using the pandemic as an excuse.

Pretty pathetic really. Especially the division name sponsorship.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was based on the helmet but looked it up and seems like he didn't play in the Swiss league during the 04-05 lockout.

Who's the dude next to Heatley? I thought it looked like Pavol Demitra but turns out he didn't play in the Swiss league either.

Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as this in a few years...

gallery-karl-mathis-apjpg.webp

Never going to happen. This is slippery slope sensationalism at it's best. "They're doing something I don't like, and fear, so I'm immediately going to jump to the worst possible outcome and presume this will happen."

Helmet ads, for the most part, have been unnoticeable. Jersey/shoulder ads will be, too. The league isn't suddenly going to resemble some European D-league that has to sell uniform advertising to keep the lights on in their building.

Every league that's done this, be it practice jerseys or game-worn ones, has done so with minimal encroachment. Use the league's actaul peers to compare to, not their worst faux-similes.

GettyImages-1126749247.jpg?w=1500

160412181048-steph-curry-nba-corporate-logos-jerseys-2-640x360.jpg

usatsi-12977033.jpg

Lol you barely notice most of them. The Rangers Chase one in particular blends right in.

Do you live in NYC working for a marketing firm complaining about CEO pay on Twitter from your iPhone?

They look fucking horrible to anyone not bathing in big corp marketing jizz.

Do you live in NYC working for a marketing firm complaining about CEO pay on Twitter from your iPhone?

They look fucking horrible to anyone not bathing in big corp marketing jizz.

No I live in a quiet suburb of Raleigh and work as a software engineer for a tech company complaining about poor ice time rationing for most of the kids on a Rangers forum from my Android phone. And I find the helmet ad to be nearly unnoticeable.

• Like 3

No I live in a quiet suburb of Raleigh and work as a software engineer for a tech company complaining about poor ice time rationing for most of the kids on a Rangers forum from my Android phone. And I find the helmet ad to be nearly unnoticeable.

:rofl: :repped:

Never going to happen. This is slippery slope sensationalism at it's best. "They're doing something I don't like, and fear, so I'm immediately going to jump to the worst possible outcome and presume this will happen."

Helmet ads, for the most part, have been unnoticeable. Jersey/shoulder ads will be, too. The league isn't suddenly going to resemble some European D-league that has to sell uniform advertising to keep the lights on in their building.

Every league that's done this, be it practice jerseys or game-worn ones, has done so with minimal encroachment. Use the league's actaul peers to compare to, not their worst faux-similes.

Haha! Agreed and I was mainly just being factious. I would actually be fine if they went down the route of soccer club jerseys with just one main sponsor integrated into the jersey design, which can be done pretty tastefully and still look great.

Haha! Agreed and I was mainly just being factious. I would actually be fine if they went down the route of soccer club jerseys with just one main sponsor integrated into the jersey design, which can be done pretty tastefully and still look great.

I think the NBA has done it exceptionally well, but then again, the NBA isn't a league governed by a false sense of tradition or some nonsense and fucks with their jerseys on the regular across the board.