• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fox: 2021 Most Points by D

fletch

Well, Hedman and Carlson are front runners for the Norris. Then, they’ll have to get a guy from a Canadian team, so Barrie will be third nominee.

Sucks in one sense. But I also don’t vote for guys on teams that don’t make the playoffs for awards.

One more point today. What we're getting with Fox is what I thought the Rangers might get with Del Zotto and ADA, but this is another level. He's just so good on both ends of the ice.

Neither of those guys were/are mature enough when they played for the Rangers to allow that to happen. Fox just seems to get "it" both on and off the ice.

Neither of those guys were/are mature enough when they played for the Rangers to allow that to happen. Fox just seems to get "it" both on and off the ice.

Indeed. I did think they would eventually 'get it' but it never happened for one reason or another. Fox just has a fantastic hockey IQ as well as incredible talent. You just love to see it.

I remember at least a few people who were upset about the second 2nd going to Carolina...
I think if you go back and read that thread, 2 pieces of context get lost.

1. Nobody... Nobody at all... Knew he'd be this good.

2. Everyone and their mother knew Fox wanted to come here. At the time, the additional pick seemed to be yet another Gorton throw-in for a player he knew he was getting.

You have to also consider this was during a time Gorton overpaid for Trouba and got waxed in the McD trade.

I think if you go back and read that thread, 2 pieces of context get lost.

1. Nobody... Nobody at all... Knew he'd be this good.

2. Everyone and their mother knew Fox wanted to come here. At the time, the additional pick seemed to be yet another Gorton throw-in for a player he knew he was getting.

You have to also consider this was during a time Gorton overpaid for Trouba and got waxed in the McD trade.

Yepp.

I think we knew he was going to be good but no one was thinking Norris candidate in a year and half.

Also the whole “I wanna play for the rangers” thing... well worth the “over payment” which I now think was a fair deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So, was Fox more or less holding out or something until he was traded, and basically forced his hand here? I know he was drafted by Calgary initially, then dealt to Carolina later on.

Yes. So we paid two seconds rather than wait for his rights to expire with Carolina and sign him as UFA, IIRC.