• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Trouba's Impact: "He creates a mentality in our locker room"

Phil

Yeah exactly this. It’s also the old Drury or Gomez argument. Don’t remember which one we used to say it about but we judge based on pay, which isn’t necessarily his fault. But we do. I do at least lol. He probably brings a lot we don’t see but on the ice, he is overpaid. He will be an important part of our playoff success though.
I think we all agree that he is overpaid. Or at least nobody has stood up to disagree. But the idea we're just going to flog it constantly for the next 4 years is a little tiring to think about. At some point, what's done is done. We've got Trouba. He's a considerable asset when he's good and he's gotten better over the course of the season. When he is not good, it should be pointed out with the knowledge that we all already agree he is overpaid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Trouba's not good enough defensively to play higher than a second pair?

He's playing 22 minutes a night, against the top opposing players, and the Rangers allow the 10th fewest shots per game, 7th fewest GA/G, and 2nd best PK.

If you want trouba going up against Crosby, mcdavid, etc.. on a regular basis then I don’t know what to tell you.

I wouldn’t trust him in that role. I’m not saying he’s terrible but he’s not good enough. At least he hasnt been since I started watching him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think we all agree that he is overpaid. Or at least nobody has stood up to disagree. But the idea we're just going to flog it constantly for the next 4 years is a little tiring to think about. At some point, what's done is done. We've got Trouba. He's a considerable asset when he's good and he's gotten better over the course of the season. When he is not good, it should be pointed out with the knowledge that we all already agree he is overpaid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I do think you’re absolutely right. But this is what we do as fans lol. I’m as guilty as anyone but I tend to try and keep it mostly to the gdt :)