• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Eichel Alternatives

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep dive CBA question...In the NFL guys restructure their deals all the time. Way outside the box, but is it possible for a team and player to mutually agree to contract termination and then the same team resign the player as a UFA?

Kreider and Trouba both signed before the flat cap. Does the CBA prevent both sides from mutually agreeing to terminate the contracts and then immediately resigning both players for $1.5 million less?

Deep dive CBA question...In the NFL guys restructure their deals all the time. Way outside the box, but is it possible for a team and player to mutually agree to contract termination and then the same team resign the player as a UFA?

Kreider and Trouba both signed before the flat cap. Does the CBA prevent both sides from mutually agreeing to terminate the contracts and then immediately resigning both players for $1.5 million less?

I gave it a quick look and I don't see a rule against it, and Calgary actually did something like that with Michael Stone.

Question is why a player would agree to that?

Brady's made $263 million.

That's just not going to happen in the NHL.

Right on. And Brady's wife has made even more than that. I actually like Brady and his committment to winning, but I award no brownie points to a couple worth well more than half a billion dollars just because he takes a discount on his contract. Increasing his odds of winning and ultimately building up his football legacy, is worth way more to him than a few million bucks extra....as it should be.