• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Have Crucial Decisions to Make with Influx of Young Defensemen

Phil

Yeah? You walk away from Lindgren? Nah. Guys the next captain. Gotta have veteran presence out there along with his grit.

I guess I have to see Jones in action if you'd rather have him over Lindgren AND slot him AND Schneider over Lundkvist.

This desire from Ranger fans to constantly turn the roster over just to keep getting younger, needs to come to a climax and stop somewhere.

That's your opinion though, so I'm not going to knock it. I myself would rather deal Jones in a package for grit along the bottom 6, and figure out what to do with Trouba vs Lundkvist, if it even gets to that point as well as seeing if Schneider and or Robertson are the real deal. Not all of these guys are going to make it, so I'm not planning much ahead nor am I holding onto all of these prospects. Hiw much younger do they have to be? It's time to put the other foot forward. Obviously they have to make good choices, but some of them have to go and soon.

They have to get bigger and tougher in their bottom six this summer. I was surprised they didn't this past off season. Sucks trading talent but that's the next logical outcome. Chytil for a Lowry type. Lose in the talent department but gain a ton of sandpaper who can play, win face-offs, etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the only one talking about why ADA was let go.

I was simply curious why someone who historically campaigned for ADA on the 1st pair is now concerned about having too many undersized offensive dman.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, you had no comment on my response... I don't think you were trying to rile me up, but you kinda did skip over my response.

Hajek strikes me as a "my failing prospect for yours" type.

I mean hrs not a top pairing guy, but has he failed? I think he is constantly improving. He's only 23. He's shit outta luck here, but I don't think he's as bad as people are making him out to be.

IMO, it'd be pretty dumb to take him out of the lineup now that he's playing pretty well and developing. This kid will resurface elsewhere and be another regretful "gave up on him too soon" player.

They have to get bigger and tougher in their bottom six this summer. I was surprised they didn't this past off season. Sucks trading talent but that's the next logical outcome. Chytil for a Lowry type. Lose in the talent department but gain a ton of sandpaper who can play, win face-offs, etc.

They had no cap space this past off season, and they were leaving room for the possibility that prospects would have success and climb the roster. People laughed when I suggested that they needed to settle on a right winger for the Panarin/Strome line. Here we are late in the season and they STILL don't have a player locked in there. Doing so would help them decide what to do with the bottom 6.

The kid line is fine, but they are ALL going command major minutes if they develop into what they were projected to be. So, one of them needs to be put with Panarin for good, OR they have to do the inevitable and drop Kreider to the bottom 6 and put Lafreniere in his spot along with maybe Kakko in Buchnevichs current spot.

They lack character and identity. They are pretty much all skill in the top 9. That needs to change. They filled the 4th line with tweeners who aren't particularly good at much. That too needs to change. The problem is, getting the type of players that fit in today's NHL and contribute what the Rangers need, is going to cost them dollars, and likely via free agency. Which leaves them with a glut of finesse forwards and D men, whom they will be reluctant to deal because they are gun shy and don't want to trade a potential game breaker for a guy who can PK and fight...

I really wish they gave more chances to Gauthier in all capacities. He's another guy I feel we will see flourish on another team, while they never gave him a shot.

Who cares? You were trolling, end of story. I can careless why ADA was let go. It may be lost to you that ADA while undersized never played that way. In fact he was always a player who stood up for his teammates, and I believe he knocked out Okposo in a fight. Maybe that's why it didn't matter to him?
Lol, the only one trolling here is you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah? You walk away from Lindgren? Nah. Guys the next captain. Gotta have veteran presence out there along with his grit.

I guess I have to see Jones in action if you'd rather have him over Lindgren AND slot him AND Schneider over Lundkvist.

This desire from Ranger fans to constantly turn the roster over just to keep getting younger, needs to come to a climax and stop somewhere.

That's your opinion though, so I'm not going to knock it. I myself would rather deal Jones in a package for grit along the bottom 6, and figure out what to do with Trouba vs Lundkvist, if it even gets to that point as well as seeing if Schneider and or Robertson are the real deal. Not all of these guys are going to make it, so I'm not planning much ahead nor am I holding onto all of these prospects. Hiw much younger do they have to be? It's time to put the other foot forward. Obviously they have to make good choices, but some of them have to go and soon.

Its not walking away from Lindgren. When the four kids are finishing their ELCs then Lindgren gets priced out. Similar to the spot Buch is in with Kakko and Kravtsov trying to push their way into the top 6.

Second, numbered pairs don't matter.

Jones/Schneider

Robertson/Lundkvist

Its just Lefty/Righty pairs. Schneider and Lundkvist are the best two out of the bunch but their both RH.

I love Lindgren's game. I hope they keep him for the shelf life player's like him usually have. I probably wouldn't keep him past 28 or 29.

Yep. Get him signed through age 28-29, let him go, and then watch his career path follow Callahan's trajectory.

Yeah, I dont think they're trading Lindgren unless something crazy happens (Buffalo demands him in a Eichel trade).

Playing his 3rd season and just keeps improving. Physical, really good defensively, amazing chemistry with Fox, one of the best PK'ers in the league and as other have pointed out, starting to show up a bit offensively aswell. Playing with Fox its limited what you need to do offensively, but he's starting to carry the puck more, gets in deep sometimes and takes some chances himself.

An underrated thing about him is that he NEVER misses games. Playing big minutes against top lines and takes a beating every game, still not missed a single Rangers game.

One of the best in GA/60 on the PK and a +17. I barely remember watching him on the ice on a goal against and never a "fuck what you doin there Lindgren" moment with him.

And still just 23 y old? Sign him up. Him and Smith switches contracts and we're all good.

• Like 1

Yeah, I dont think they're trading Lindgren unless something crazy happens (Buffalo demands him in a Eichel trade).

Playing his 3rd season and just keeps improving. Physical, really good defensively, amazing chemistry with Fox, one of the best PK'ers in the league and as other have pointed out, starting to show up a bit offensively aswell. Playing with Fox its limited what you need to do offensively, but he's starting to carry the puck more, gets in deep sometimes and takes some chances himself.

An underrated thing about him is that he NEVER misses games. Playing big minutes against top lines and takes a beating every game, still not missed a single Rangers game.

One of the best in GA/60 on the PK and a +17. I barely remember watching him on the ice on a goal against and never a "fuck what you doin there Lindgren" moment with him.

And still just 23 y old? Sign him up. Him and Smith switches contracts and we're all good.

Even more impressive when you consider the fact that not a game goes by where he doesnt get a new cut or gash on his head :rofl:

Even more impressive when you consider the fact that not a game goes by where he doesnt get a new cut or gash on his head :rofl:

I don't even recognize the guy on the bench without some kinda blood or cut on his face!!! LOL