• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Focused on Getting Lundkvist to NHL Next Season

Phil

Lindgren-Fox

Jones-Trouba

Miller-Lundkvist

Eventually Trouba goes for Schneider and maybe Lindgren for Robertson as both are shutdown guys and are point per game or better in Juniors right now. With this future D, our young forwards and established guys like Mika and Bread to go along with Igor I don't see how we don't come away with at least one cup in the next few years. Our possession numbers are going to be insane and nobody will be able to score. Every game should be like the games we have played against the Caps this year, but with more offense from us.

Nashville had a great, homegrown D corps for a while. They should have done more with it. We're developing something similar, except we have the elite talent up front and the young players that will grow into their games. I can't fuckin wait.

Same. It sucks for Nashville they couldn't win with that core and a prime Rinne.

Nashville had a great, homegrown D corps for a while. They should have done more with it. We're developing something similar, except we have the elite talent up front and the young players that will grow into their games. I can't fuckin wait.

Yeah, their problem was always lack of talent up top. They had to sacrifice some of the strenght on D to acquire some real forward talents (Jones for Johansen).

Rangers have plenty of offensive talent so they dont really need to do that. I know people keep talking about Eichel and a hole at C, but thats not really a big problem and it should be easy to fix (if it even needs to be fixed). Besides that we have Zibanejad, Panarin, Strome, Buch, Kakko, Lafreniere, Kravtsov, Kreider, Chytil. I dont think Nashville even had one player as good (or as talented) as that group.

If all (or most) of these guys find their game in the next 2-10 years. Damn what a team this could turn into.

Hopefully the dominance of zib and panarin and the rise of laf, kakko, kravtsov, chytil, etc... over lap for long enough to see a real strong team.

I’m glad we got panarin but statistically he’s at that age where production should begin declining soon.

Either way lots to be excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hopefully the dominance of zib and panarin and the rise of laf, kakko, kravtsov, chytil, etc... over lap for long enough to see a real strong team.

I’m glad we got panarin but statistically he’s at that age where production should begin declining soon.

Either way lots to be excited about.

I think his skill set is good enough to where even in his later years, he'll still be really productive. Certainly not prime years, point taken, but it won't be too bad. Plus, by then, you hope the younger players are where they need to be so it will even itself out to an extent.

I think his skill set is good enough to where even in his later years, he'll still be really productive. Certainly not prime years, point taken, but it won't be too bad. Plus, by then, you hope the younger players are where they need to be so it will even itself out to an extent.

Yea I’ve been paying attention to where and how he scores and he really doesn’t rely on speed or physical play which is good for an aging player. His game is all shot, which is unlikely to deteriorate much. But stranger things have happened.

If you compare Panarin to Gaborik who admittedly had alot less tread on his tires and was much more injury prone, Gaborik was still producing at a reasonable clip until he was 34. Panarin's contract takes him to 34 so I think he will still be reasonably productive albeit nothing like the ridiculous 1.38 point per game pace he has been hitting as a Ranger.

If you compare Panarin to Gaborik who admittedly had alot less tread on his tires and was much more injury prone, Gaborik was still producing at a reasonable clip until he was 34. Panarin's contract takes him to 34 so I think he will still be reasonably productive albeit nothing like the ridiculous 1.38 point per game pace he has been hitting as a Ranger.

Panarin is way better than Gaborik ever was. Gaborik had straight-line speed and a good shot. Panarin has never been fast - he's not even particularly a good skater - so I think you can assume that he'll age gracefully by NHL standards considering his game is not based on him beating people with his skating.

• Like 1

I'd venture it the other way around - Panarin has more tread than Gaborik did as his age largely because Gaborik was hurt a lot.

By the time he was in his age 28 season (his first with the Rangers), Gaborik had played 502 NHL games and an additional 133 non-NHL professional games, alongside two massive injuries - a serious groin injury and hip surgery. 635 games plus the injuries.

Panarin also joined the Rangers at age 28, with no real serious injury history and 322 NHL games under his belt (alongside around 263 non-NHL games). That's 585 professional games and no injuries.

Panarin's also someone who doesn't really need to rely on a specific thing that makes him great. He's not super fast. He doesn't have a deadly shot. There's no physical trait to lean on (i.e. Gaborik's speed) that drives his game. He's just really fucking smart. Lasting power right there.

I wouldn't bet on Panarin continuing to be a 1.4 P/GP player for the rest of his time here, but I really don't see him dropping too far below that 1 P/GP line.

• Like 1

I'd venture it the other way around - Panarin has more tread than Gaborik did as his age largely because Gaborik was hurt a lot.

By the time he was in his age 28 season (his first with the Rangers), Gaborik had played 502 NHL games and an additional 133 non-NHL professional games, alongside two massive injuries - a serious groin injury and hip surgery. 635 games plus the injuries.

Panarin also joined the Rangers at age 28, with no real serious injury history and 322 NHL games under his belt (alongside around 263 non-NHL games). That's 585 professional games and no injuries.

Panarin's also someone who doesn't really need to rely on a specific thing that makes him great. He's not super fast. He doesn't have a deadly shot. There's no physical trait to lean on (i.e. Gaborik's speed) that drives his game. He's just really fucking smart. Lasting power right there.

I wouldn't bet on Panarin continuing to be a 1.4 P/GP player for the rest of his time here, but I really don't see him dropping too far below that 1 P/GP line.

I'd vote that inactivity is potentially worse than wear n tear.

Additionally, Panarin was hurt earlier in the season, and he's rarely practiced the last few weeks, missing his 2nd consecutive practice (not counting the non-practice practice on vaccine day). Maybe today is the 3rd straight practice missed?

I'd vote that inactivity is potentially worse than wear n tear.

Additionally, Panarin was hurt earlier in the season, and he's rarely practiced the last few weeks, missing his 2nd consecutive practice (not counting the non-practice practice on vaccine day). Maybe today is the 3rd straight practice missed?

Sure, but he hasn't really been "inactive" - his seasons in Russia were just shorter.

He is taking an unusual number of maintenance days.

Yeah, their problem was always lack of talent up top. They had to sacrifice some of the strenght on D to acquire some real forward talents (Jones for Johansen).

Rangers have plenty of offensive talent so they dont really need to do that. I know people keep talking about Eichel and a hole at C, but thats not really a big problem and it should be easy to fix (if it even needs to be fixed). Besides that we have Zibanejad, Panarin, Strome, Buch, Kakko, Lafreniere, Kravtsov, Kreider, Chytil. I dont think Nashville even had one player as good (or as talented) as that group.

If all (or most) of these guys find their game in the next 2-10 years. Damn what a team this could turn into.

I agree but we need to improve on winning the faceoff.