• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fielded Calls But Will Not Make a Deadline Deal

Phil

Crazy. But I'm okay with it. Signing Jones is honestly bigger than any transaction they realistically would've made. Jones is a major upgrade over Hajek.

Agreed. Plus, they're in a weird position in not really being able to justifiably buy and not being so bad that they need to sell assets for futures.

Crazy. But I'm okay with it. Signing Jones is honestly bigger than any transaction they realistically would've made. Jones is a major upgrade over Hajek.

Sometimes it whatcha DON'T do!!! ;)

Glad we stayed the course today!!!

I'm actually glad they didn't just throw away Smith for a 4th or 5th round pick. He's more valuable to the team than those picks would be. He's just about the only guy on the roster that will mix it up. I'd even want to bring him back on a much more friendly deal than the current one.

I'm actually glad they didn't just throw away Smith for a 4th or 5th round pick. He's more valuable to the team than those picks would be. He's just about the only guy on the roster that will mix it up. I'd even want to bring him back on a much more friendly deal than the current one.

I think that is the plan. You're going to need some veteran leadership/presence back there with even more youth being infused.

Especially if they do end up making a legitimate push for the final playoff spot. And with Jones coming.

Jones-Smith is > Jones-Hajek or Hajek-Jones.

And yes x1000 to re-signing him. He's a good player. Just not $4 million good. Give him like $1M and change and call it a day.

You can still do that he’s a ufa

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Especially if they do end up making a legitimate push for the final playoff spot. And with Jones coming.

And yes x1000 to re-signing him. He's a good player. Just not $4 million good. Give him like $1M and change and call it a day.

The fact that they didn't flip him, makes me think that they have probably had preliminary conversations along those lines.

The fact that they didn't flip him, makes me think that they have probably had preliminary conversations along those lines.

Yeah, I hope so. He seemed encouraged/hopeful when they asked him about the deadline earlier:

Link:

he might actually be a winger on the 4th line if re-signed next year. Blackwell will likely head to Seattle, PDG be gone and im assuming one of Gauthier/Howden or maybe both wont be back.... Fox/Miller/Lindgren/Lundkvist/Trouba/Jones/Smith as 7th dman/4thline winger