• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

Blue Heaven

Only if you think they couldnt have 2 successful PP units.

And having 2 units means you can come back with the Panarin or Zibanejad line when the PP expires, instead of a make-shift line of Rooney, Kakko and Jim Ramsay.

So should Edmonton breakup McDavid and Draisaitl on the PP to make 2 units? Washington breakup Ovechkin and Oshie? Tampa break up Point and Stamkos? Toronto break up Matthews and Marner?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, so they are 15th and 16th in the league in PP points over the last 2 years and Zib is 2 pp goals behind the league leaders. Break them up because Josh has been in a locker room and he says so. Got it.

You've listed nothing that shows Zibanejad-Panarin are the reason the PP is successful.. while mentioning Kreider should be removed from the PP units, who is 6th in the in PP goals during the last 2 seasons, I can't find screen/tip stats, but we know he's one of the best in the league, and he ranks 3rd in the league in FinisherShooter Stats for CSA.

And I've been suggesting they'd have a chance to be more effective on the PP (And at ES) when spread out over 2 units.

I don't hate Kreider. He's already been bumped to the 3rd line, and Laf is only going to get better. I'd rather have Kakko down low on PP1. On PP2 Its Krav-Laf-Lundkvist-Jones all day. Only open spot is the down low net front guy. Unit needs a center, so it's Chytil.

It's not at all hate. Buch played 1:09 on the PK all last season. Now he's our top PKer AND having his best offensive season. He was asked to take on a new role and is thriving in it, but asking Kreider to adapt to a new role is hate?

Why?

If their role is the same (net front guy) why do we need a center? Chytil's not even better at faceoffs, so I dont really see a need to have him there over Kreids.

1A

Kreider

Zibanejad - Chytil - Buchnevich

Fox

1Aa:

Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Lafreniere

Miller

I've also suggested moving Fox away from Panarin. He defers everything to Panarin. I think Fox could be more effective away from Panarin.

it seems Strome does the same.

Why?

If their role is the same (net front guy) why do we need a center? Chytil's not even better at faceoffs, so I dont really see a need to have him there over Kreids.

Over the last 3 years...

Kreider

Total: 270 faceoffs (not a lot) - 40.7%

OZ: 174 - 34.5%

Chytil

Total: 941 faceoffs 39.1%

OZ: 310 - 45.5%

You'd also expect if to be something Chytil continues to work on. See Kevin Hayes going from 36% to 45.7% to 50.5% in a three year span.