• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

Blue Heaven

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko

Panarin - Zib - Strome

Fox

Kreider did have that nice setup to Zib last night, but one thing I think Kreider isn't great with, where Kakko would be better, is one touching a pass from Strome right to Zib for a quick shot.

PP2

Chytil

Lundkvist - Kravtsov - Laf

Jones

Lundkvist one timers from the circle. Krav in the slot. Chytil in front of the net. Jones and Laf impersonating Panarin and Fox.

What about Chytil makes you think he'd be good in that spot? I can't see him being willing to stand in there taking cross checks to get a tip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko

Panarin - Zib - Strome

Fox

Kreider did have that nice setup to Zib last night, but one thing I think Kreider isn't great with, where Kakko would be better, is one touching a pass from Strome right to Zib for a quick shot.

PP2

Chytil

Jones

Lundkvist one timers from the circle. Krav in the slot. Chytil in front of the net. Jones and Laf impersonating Panarin and Fox.

I can go with that aswell, but I would have Kreider instead of Chytil on the 2nd unit. He knows the role and is good at it. I think he's better at faceoffs than Chytil too.

Actually I like this one better than mine lol, I would love to see Lundkvist in that spot.

What about Chytil makes you think he'd be good in that spot? I can't see him being willing to stand in there taking cross checks to get a tip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chytil would do fine making passes from the goal line, finishing slam dunk plays at the side of the net, and hunting for rebounds.

• Like 1

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko

Panarin - Zib - Strome

Fox

PP2

Chytil

Jones

Kreider is our best PP goal scorer this year, and he was 2nd best last year. He thrives in front of the net, and not just with scoring, but screening the goalie as well. He needs to be on PP1 next year. Put Kakko where Strome currently is instead.

PP2 looks fun.

• Like 1

Kreider is our best PP goal scorer this year, and he was 2nd best last year. He thrives in front of the net, and not just with scoring, but screening the goalie as well. He needs to be on PP1 next year. Put Kakko where Strome currently is instead.

PP2 looks fun.

Nah, Kreider is a 3rd line penalty killer. He wants to play on the PP I guess he'll have to waive his NMC.

Put Kakko in that spot and you're still getting all those slam dunks on the doorstep, but now you're also increasing Zib's scoring from the bumper spot.

Chytil would do fine making passes from the goal line, finishing slam dunk plays at the side of the net, and hunting for rebounds.

Yeah, that's just part of the role of that spot. Screens, deflections, and puck retrieval are all other facets of that spot that Chytil wouldn't be very good at.

Nah, Kreider is a 3rd line penalty killer. He wants to play on the PP I guess he'll have to waive his NMC.

Put Kakko in that spot and you're still getting all those slam dunks on the doorstep, but now you're also increasing Zib's scoring from the bumper spot.

The Kreider hate on the forum has reached an absurd level lol

PP2 looks fun.

That's what I was thinking. Kakko there instead of Strome. As much as we moan and groan about Kreider, he is putting up the PP goals.

I just wonder where this hate was before he signed that contract.. now he's here, we have to live with him. Might as well get over it.

There's nothing wrong with his contract. A lot of teams would take him at that price. The only reason we are talking about it more is because we landed Lafreniere. Otherwise we'd have nobody knocking on the doorstep on the left side of the ice.

The Kreider hate on the forum has reached an absurd level lol

I just wonder where this hate was before he signed that contract.. now he's here, we have to live with him. Might as well get over it.

I don't hate Kreider. He's already been bumped to the 3rd line, and Laf is only going to get better. I'd rather have Kakko down low on PP1. On PP2 Its Krav-Laf-Lundkvist-Jones all day. Only open spot is the down low net front guy. Unit needs a center, so it's Chytil.

It's not at all hate. Buch played 1:09 on the PK all last season. Now he's our top PKer AND having his best offensive season. He was asked to take on a new role and is thriving in it, but asking Kreider to adapt to a new role is hate?

I don't hate Kreider. He's already been bumped to the 3rd line, and Laf is only going to get better. I'd rather have Kakko down low on PP1. On PP2 Its Krav-Laf-Lundkvist-Jones all day. Only open spot is the down low net front guy. Unit needs a center, so it's Chytil.

It's not at all hate. Buch played 1:09 on the PK all last season. Now he's our top PKer AND having his best offensive season. He was asked to take on a new role and is thriving in it, but asking Kreider to adapt to a new role is hate?

Kreider's hate is rooted entirely in the fact that we gave the dude a Brinks truck before lucking into a LW that will almost assuredly surpass him within the next 12 months. It's the same as Trouba - if he were making like 20% less, nobody would bat an eye.

Kreider's hate is rooted entirely in the fact that we gave the dude a Brinks truck before lucking into a LW that will almost assuredly surpass him within the next 12 months. It's the same as Trouba - if he were making like 20% less, nobody would bat an eye.

I find it hard to hate a guy that gives such GREAT hugs at the end of games! Who cares if he disappears for weeks at a time? ...and that $6.5 million is totally worth that lovin' at the end of a game we win! :rofl:

I can't "hate" Kreider, I actually find him perplexing and comical!!! ...in a "hug-a-ble" kinda way nowadays.

But your point here G man, is pretty much the right sentiment as far as I see it. The money spent (contract) sets the expectation level in this town, I believe.

Kreider is 2nd in the league in PP goals. Not bad when he's a.) slumping hard, and b.) the PP didnt exist the first half of the season

Kreider had 6 PP goals in the first 25 games. Zib had 1. PP was ranked 26th in the league at 15.4%

The last 25 games, Kreider 5 PP goals, Zib 8. PP is 2nd in the league at 29%.

I don't think Kreider makes the PP better. The PP's whole goal is to get shots of Zib. Kakko in place of Kreider increases Zib's looks.

Kreider had 6 PP goals in the first 25 games. Zib had 1. PP was ranked 26th in the league at 15.4%

I don't think Kreider makes the PP better. The PP's whole goal is to get shots of Zib. Kakko in place of Kreider increases Zib's looks.

That's in part because Zib shoots sometimes, but yeah - when Zib gets pucks to the net and is a real threat, our Powerplay is way better and all of them benefit.

That's in part because Zib shoots sometimes, but yeah - when Zib gets pucks to the net and is a real threat, our Powerplay is way better and all of them benefit.

We know the PP works better when Zibanejad is shooting - I've suggested all season separating Panarin and Zibanejad because of this.

But saying Kreider doesn't help Zibanejad's success, or help the power play is just... It seems entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed

• Like 1

Yes and currently it's Strome and Panarin trying to feed Zib. If Strome passes to Kreider at the side of the net it slows down the whole flow of the PP. Kakko would do better there.

We know the PP works better when Zibanejad is shooting - I've suggested all season separating Panarin and Zibanejad because of this.

But saying Kreider doesn't help Zibanejad's success, or help the power play is just... It seems entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed

Suggesting to separate Panarin and Zibanejad when, even with the abysmal slump this season, they are 9th in the league on the PP over the last 2 years (22.3%, .2% behind 6th place) is well entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed.

• Like 1

Suggesting to separate Panarin and Zibanejad when, even with the abysmal slump this season, they are 9th in the league on the PP over the last 2 years (22.3%, .2% behind 6th place) is well entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed.

Only if you think they couldnt have 2 successful PP units.

And having 2 units means you can come back with the Panarin or Zibanejad line when the PP expires, instead of a make-shift line of Rooney, Kakko and Jim Ramsay.

1A

Kreider

Zibanejad - Chytil - Buchnevich

Fox

1Aa:

Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Lafreniere

Miller

I've also suggested moving Fox away from Panarin. He defers everything to Panarin. I think Fox could be more effective away from Panarin.