• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

Blue Heaven

It'll all look great in November, and then you'll wonder why the Capitals put us out in 4 straight by just flicking the puck at the net.

The 1:1 hobbit to actual grown up ratio also looks great, but it obviously won't work that way. It never works the way you draw it up. Are they all going to play 20 minutes?

You also have zero forward depth, with almost no proven track records in the bottom 6. That needs to be addressed if they're serious about winning playoff hockey, and it should be addressed by trading from strength.

Agree here. I think we can't use that 3rd small play driver as effectively as we could use a 3rd pair that looks more like Schneider/Robertson. They both have enough offensive chops to get by. If we're going to pull through 4-5 grueling playoff series, we need some big horses. Playoff hockey is old school hockey - minus the brawling.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this kid looks like an exciting prospect, and that's a great thing no matter how the roster situation plays out.

At a minimum, they'll have to deal Reunanan, and he should certainly be worth at least a great bottom 3 asset.

Link:

Tomorrow might be the day.

This is what you like to see.

Bitteto was a nice story, and I know he hadn't played in a long time, but still, the story needs to end. That one goal where he looked like Bobby Orr was cool and all. He had his moment in the sun, his fifteen minutes of fame, if you will. Goodbye.

I'd much rather see Fox and Miller on PP1, Jones and Trouba on 2.

I don't know where it was decreed you need 4 forwards on the PP.

I agree! I hate that 4 forward shit...makes a team too susceptible to a shorty...and I like shots from the point. Trouba has a fucking cannon, and I hope next year he uses it. Zac looks like he's not afraid to pull the trigger so far.

I don't know about you, Pete, but this kid looks like a REALLY good skater and he moves and anticipates plays pretty well. No way we give this kid away before we know more....maybe that's just me, but I think this kid has more potential than we thought.

I agree! I hate that 4 forward shit...makes a team too susceptible to a shorty...and I like shots from the point. Trouba has a fucking cannon, and I hope next year he uses it. Zac looks like he's not afraid to pull the trigger so far.

I don't know about you, Pete, but this kid looks like a REALLY good skater and he moves and anticipates plays pretty well. No way we give this kid away before we know more....maybe that's just me, but I think this kid has more potential than we thought.

I haven't really watched him closely, but all the reports say he's the real deal.

I think on the PP you need the constant thread of a shot. Miller has a cannon and Trouba isn't scared to shoot. It's just more balanced on the PP that way, IMO. That said, almost every team uses 4 forwards, so maybe I'm just missing something.

I haven't really watched him closely, but all the reports say he's the real deal.

I think on the PP you need the constant thread of a shot. Miller has a cannon and Trouba isn't scared to shoot. It's just more balanced on the PP that way, IMO. That said, almost every team uses 4 forwards, so maybe I'm just missing something.

You're not. I think most teams have "shootier" forwards than we do, and most teams also don't have the wealth of blueline offense we do.

What I like most about him is that he doesn't play like he's that "Deer in the headlights". He's very smooth and seems to know where he's going with the puck at all times.

He's got that Housley feel to him, and that number 6 doesn't help!! LOL

You want your boy Ryan off the 1st unit?

4 forwards is the new standard and I think we've found a nice unit with Fox, Panarin, Ziba, Strome, Kreider. Could probably have a lefty in Strome's spot, but I dont think Miller is the right choice. I would give the spot to Buch, Kakko or Laf before him.

I like Miller, but to me he's not a PP guy. He got a decent shot, but thats probably it. He doesn't create offense like Fox, he's not a smooth skater, he's not a good puck mover and his puck control is suspect at times (He fumbles the puck ALOT).

Starting next season (If the team stays the same), I would go with:

1:

Kreids

Panarin Zib Buch

Fox

2:

Kakko

Strome Kravtsov Lafreniere

Jones/Lundkvist

i dont want to see Miller on the PP at all. not yet, at least. maybe in a year or two...but then Lundkvist will probably come in and take his spot.

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko

Panarin - Zib - Strome

Fox

Kreider did have that nice setup to Zib last night, but one thing I think Kreider isn't great with, where Kakko would be better, is one touching a pass from Strome right to Zib for a quick shot.

PP2

Chytil

Lundkvist - Kravtsov - Laf

Jones

Lundkvist one timers from the circle. Krav in the slot. Chytil in front of the net. Jones and Laf impersonating Panarin and Fox.