• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Facing Buyout This Summer if Not Taken by Seattle

Phil

Oh, and regarding Tony DeAngelo, exiled on Feb. 2? Unless something materializes overnight, the defenseman will remain on the outside looking in until at least the summer when, if he is not selected by Seattle in the expansion draft, DeAngelo would face a buyout that would put him on the open market.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/rangers-are-unusually-quiet-as-nhl-trade-deadline-looms/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

--

Link:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao

I'd be surprised if they took him. But crazier things have happened.

I'd be surprised if anyone took him, after a year away from hockey and cap space being a minimum. He's going to have to take league minimum "show me". So after all he did to get his contract, he went and fucked it up and is back to square 1.

I'd be surprised if anyone took him, after a year away from hockey and cap space being a minimum. He's going to have to take league minimum "show me". So after all he did to get his contract, he went and fucked it up and is back to square 1.

If someone wants him, it's cheaper to sign him after he's bought out.

Yup and yup.

Been saying for months, a buyout has always been the most logical outcome.

How much will he cost in the buyout? I feel like next season they are going to have a lot of cap space going to buy outs.

Pittance. Because of his age, he can be bought out for one-third (rather than the standard two-thirds) over twice the remaining length.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/anthony-deangelo#results

They will have $1.1 milliion (Girardi), $1.43 million (Shattenkirk), and $1.5 million (Lundqvist). An extra $383,333 isn't affecting anything, and neither are the buyouts.

Link:

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He'd have been nuts to not make the Rangers pay him his well earned money. As time passes, he will catch on somewhere. If a team was interested now there will be a team interested for pennies later. Might even be as soon as the buyout is completed.

He'd have been nuts to not make the Rangers pay him his well earned money. As time passes, he will catch on somewhere. If a team was interested now there will be a team interested for pennies later. Might even be as soon as the buyout is completed.
He didn't earn it. He didn't play LOL.

What GM is going to want him now? The GM who DIDN'T have him for the playoffs?

His already small pool just got smaller.

What coach is signing up for a guy who's shot his mouth at every stop since juniors. And it's not about politics, it's about a guy who won't shut the fuck up past the point of being uncoachable. He was told, over and over, by EVERYONE associated with the NYR; "Tony, you can get a huge ass free agent contract if you shut the fuck up and have a good year". He couldn't or wouldn't do that.

He didn't earn it. He didn't play LOL.

What GM is going to want him now? The GM who DIDN'T have him for the playoffs?

His already small pool just got smaller.

He earned it through previous play. That's how contracts work.

I wouldn't bet against him being on a team for 1 yr 1 mill contract next season, that's for sure.

He earned it through previous play. That's how contracts work.

I wouldn't bet against him being on a team for 1 yr 1 mill contract next season, that's for sure.

Well no, that's not how contracts work. He earned a raise, but you still have to do the work to get paid. Otherwise they would just give you all the money as soon as you sign the contract.

I think Montreal is the best fit. They don't really care about all the superficial stuff sorrounding him, they would be only results oriented. Quebec society isn't exactly in line with what the rest of the continent feels is acceptable.