• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafreniere's Cellys

Valriera

Nobody thinks that way in hockey in 2021.

Personally I don't care what he does when he scores, just stop being useless.

Look at the uproar when Matthews did the goal point or the hand to the ear. Those were only a couple of years ago. I unfortunately think the game has moved forward that much in that short of time.

McDavid scores some of the sickest goals in the league on a nightly basis and he barely cracks a smile.

Look at the uproar when Matthews did the goal point or the hand to the ear. Those were only a couple of years ago. I unfortunately think the game has moved forward that much in that short of time.

McDavid scores some of the sickest goals in the league on a nightly basis and he barely cracks a smile.

You celly when you get laid.

If you got laid twice a night, you'd stop cellying.

The modesty of the NHL has always been one of it's best qualities. I don't watch hockey to see what celebration some guy thinks up in his hotel room in front a mirror posing himself like a clown. Let the NFL have it. I watch for the game. I personally love the modesty of NHL players. Connor McDavid doesn't need to pull sharpie out of his glove and sign the puck when he scores for people to recognize him as great. At some point the NFL started giving off the perception that individual success is more important than winning. I like the perception that the NHL player would give up a testicle to win a cup and do it while taking no credit fro their achievements

The modesty of the NHL has always been one of it's best qualities. I don't watch hockey to see what celebration some guy thinks up in his hotel room in front a mirror posing himself like a clown. Let the NFL have it. I watch for the game. I personally love the modesty of NHL players. Connor McDavid doesn't need to pull sharpie out of his glove and sign the puck when he scores for people to recognize him as great. At some point the NFL started giving off the perception that individual success is more important than winning. I like the perception that the NHL player would give up a testicle to win a cup and do it while taking no credit fro their achievements

There comes a point where too much modesty creates a bunch of walking canned intermission interview answers though. Growing up we'd watch the VHS hockey tapes that would show Theo Fleury's first goal celebration, showing Tie Domi sitting on his stick like Tiger Williams, and Selanne throwing his glove up in the air to shoot it etc, and as kids we'd all try to emulate that stuff. It made things fun, and that fun has always been the greatest part about hockey despite all the hard work anyone puts into it. I wouldn't expect everyone to go crazy, but I'm more in the position that people shouldn't have to hold back because they want to be perceived a certain way.

In any case, Lafreniere is most likely under a lot of pressure right now to be an impact player, and if he can let loose a little when he's comfy, so be it.

There comes a point where too much modesty creates a bunch of walking canned intermission interview answers though. Growing up we'd watch the VHS hockey tapes that would show Theo Fleury's first goal celebration, showing Tie Domi sitting on his stick like Tiger Williams, and Selanne throwing his glove up in the air to shoot it etc, and as kids we'd all try to emulate that stuff. It made things fun, and that fun has always been the greatest part about hockey despite all the hard work anyone puts into it. I wouldn't expect everyone to go crazy, but I'm more in the position that people shouldn't have to hold back because they want to be perceived a certain way.

In any case, Lafreniere is most likely under a lot of pressure right now to be an impact player, and if he can let loose a little when he's comfy, so be it.

Theo's was awesome!!, and the Selane "Machine gun to the glove" was always worth the wait.

I think Laffy will get with the program soon...let him score a few first!!! LOL

I think his celly is fighting to catch his next breath this season. I know we kid around about it but with good reason imo. I would bet there's a noticeable difference next season.

I agree.

He will be in better shape and know what to expect as well. A full training camp will likely help a lot as well

Agree 100%, boys!!

He's gonna be a super player, I think. The last few weeks you can even feel he's getting the flow a little more.

...fucking kid can't even go celebrate with a drink at a bar yet!!!! LOL

Love watching them grow up though; Him, Kakko, and Kravvy are becoming "must see TV".