• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#39) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // Adam Fox

LindG1000

Technically they do in Staal and Svechnikov but I think it’s more because they have a certain former number 9 overall coaching them though lol

Well, Staal has been at it a long time. I meant recent. Svechnikov is it. I am a patient guy, but it's kind of alarming to see where Carolina is now and how much feet shuffling has gone on here the last few years. But, this team still has quite a bit to be excited about. This offseason should be interesting, perhaps a bit of soul searching needs to be done.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I’m just sick of the 3 year rollercoaster. Every time. Step forward, step back, two steps fwd, two steps back. Rinse and repeat.

Then we hear age....

Average age Rangers = 25.32

Average age Hurricanes? 23.85

I’m sure I’ll get over it in a few weeks when our season is over though lol

Where are you getting these ages from?

Everything I'm reading says that when the season began the Rangers had the youngest team in the league at an average age of 25 years, Carolina was third just over 26 years.

I'd like to see how they shaved 3 years off their average since the start of the season...

Technically they do in Staal and Svechnikov but I think it’s more because they have a certain former number 9 overall coaching them though lol
Gretzky was a crappy coach.

The guy who you consider the best coach in the league never got drafted.

I don't know what having a number 9 overall behind the bench has anything to do with anything.

I know you have a narrative to push, but you're better than this.

On this issue of Kreider's penalty shot. We all know he's terrible on breakaways and penalty shots, so the result was of little surprise. I don't recall him ever being used in a shootout. Which is really something for his team's leading goal scorer. With the league average on penalty shots now below 30%, it's better to get a full two minutes with the man advantage. The 20% average on PPs includes partials. Also, when a team takes a regular penalty, on top of the 20% chance of giving up a goal, they are essentially forfeiting the chance to score themselves for two minutes. They don't lose that two minutes with the penalty shot. All told, I'll take the regular penalty at this point, even if it's a better shooter than CK. The shootout and goalie armor have wrecked the penalty shot.

Gretzky was a crappy coach.

The guy who you consider the best coach in the league never got drafted.

I don't know what having a number 9 overall behind the bench has anything to do with anything.

I know you have a narrative to push, but you're better than this.

It was just a sarcastic/playful way of saying “ I think one big reason the Hurricanes are better is because they have a very good NHL coach that we do not have.”

If that’s pushing a narrative then so be it. I’m not really sure what the big deal of that is. I also am not sure specifically if Trotz is the best in the league but he’s up there. He’s certainly not one of the lower third. That’s on our team.

Everything I'm reading says that when the season began the Rangers had the youngest team in the league at an average age of 25 years, Carolina was third just over 26 years.

I'd like to see how they shaved 3 years off their average since the start of the season...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/nhl/teams-physical-stats/2020-2021

Devils have the youngest now post trade. Rangers two. Hurricanes 3

Playing an undisciplined team that allows 8-9 goals is a disaster and gives you bad habits.

What is Blackwell's goals per minute of 5-5 compared to, say, McDavid?

I'd never seen a guy with the blade of his stick in a guy's belly drop his stick and NOT get called for a penalty. Not until tonight.

Crosby is a dick and his little dick move tonight bears out everything Brandon Dubinsky said. Fortunately, I had sound muted at the time so I didn't have to hear Joe inevitably act like it was an aberration.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/nhl/teams-physical-stats/2020-2021

Devils have the youngest now post trade. Rangers two. Hurricanes 3

That link says Hurricanes average age is 25.85. I think you've made a typo in your original post, but your point remains. It's essentially the same average age as the Rangers, slightly older, but obviously they are lightyears ahead of them.

• Like 1

Rangers meeting their quota of allowing a goal the shift immediately after scoring a goal

Drink!

I did add that on "The Rangers Drinking Game"....now you know why, Josh!! ;)

This 2nd unit with a hockey player instead of Trouba would look really good
...Loved this one, Zuuuuc!!!

Fox would have 3 assists tonight if his teammates were not clueless assholes.

Vaccines are the only shots this team takes.

Side effects include:

Passing when looking to shoot

Missing empty nets

...Tonight's finalists for the "Ozzy, Grey Goose, Club soda & Lime post of the GDT are listed above......and the winner is.................................

A tie between Sharpy and Rangers02 for their posts concerning the pre game vaccination of the team!

Good work fellas!!! :thumbs:

That link says Hurricanes average age is 25.85. I think you've made a typo in your original post, but your point remains. It's essentially the same average age as the Rangers, slightly older, but obviously they are lightyears ahead of them.

Ah that’s where the confusion is. Yes it was a typo . I was saying the difference is minimal. I will say the experience in that age is a bit bigger.

Sorry. Typo. It was 25.32 to 25.85. I was saying the average age is very close, not that the Canes are younger. Sorry for any confusion. Now I get why you were saying 3 years lol

And both teams are right there in age with Ottawa, who's light years behind.

Where does it say that teams of similar age brackets need to be at the same stage of competitiveness?

And both teams are right there in age with Ottawa, who's light years behind.

Where does it say that teams of similar age brackets need to be at the same stage of competitiveness?

It doesn't. That wouldn't be my argument. My argument would be that the young overall age of the team doesn't predispose them to bad results.

It doesn't. That wouldn't be my argument. My argument would be that the young overall age of the team doesn't predispose them to bad results.
Maybe.

I'd also call Carolina the exception and not the rule.

I'd also say it must be nice to play in that division.

https://theathletic.com/2507944/2021/04/09/rangers-play-a-game-to-remember-for-when-theyre-eliminated-from-playoff-contention/

Great line by Rick Carpiniello at The Athletic.

Kreider was hauled down on a breakaway and awarded a penalty shot. But his shot was knocked away by Jarry’s glove. Surprised he didn’t pass.

“I thought we had a bunch of things lacking tonight,” Rangers coach David Quinn said.

“Not shooting the puck has been a problem for us all year. It’s been a problem since I’ve been here."

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#39) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // Adam Fox