• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NJD Trade Zajac, Palmieri to NYI for Greer, Jobst, 2021 1st, 2022 4th

Phil

I do agree with what Pete said in another thread though. Zibanejad having COVID, Panarin’s issues in Russia, and Shesterkin’s injuries derailed our season. When none of those played a factor, we’ve been more good than bad

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

True. If not for those factors, Rangers would very likely be in a close dogfight with BOS for the last playoff spot. But that's still just regular season results. I'm not convinced the same Rangers would be as good at playoff hockey. The Islanders on the other hand, while they are God awful boring to watch, are built to win tight playoff series.

I'm surprised that the Devils were not able to get more. The only thing they got was a late first round pick. Two AHL players, ages 24 and 27, who don't even qualify as prospects, and a fourth round pick amount to absolutely nothing in addition to the first rounder. For this the Islanders not only got two guys who can play, if a bit past their primes, but also 50% retention.

I'm pissed. The Islanders really helped themselves. The new environment may be enough to charge these two up a bit and make them quite useful for the rest of the season. I can only hope that Uncle Larry writes a Palmieri as the new Butch Goring column blah, blah, blah, and he turns out to do nothing for them.

I'm surprised that the Devils were not able to get more. The only thing they got was a late first round pick. Two AHL players, ages 24 and 27, who don't even qualify as prospects, and a fourth round pick amount to absolutely nothing in addition to the first rounder. For this the Islanders not only got two guys who can play, if a bit past their primes, but also 50% retention.

I'm pissed. The Islanders really helped themselves. The new environment may be enough to charge these two up a bit and make them quite useful for the rest of the season. I can only hope that Uncle Larry writes a Palmieri as the new Butch Goring column blah, blah, blah, and he turns out to do nothing for them.

2 AHL nobodies, the Devils pick up half the salaries and get a late probably 25th or later 1st rounder for 2 players who figure to give the Isles 2/3rd of a 2nd line with Lee down. Both will be PP and PK guys. Sorry, the Devils got raped, and willingly. If they didn't get Whalstrom, this deal is a joke . Good for the Isles GM who happens to be your former club president/GM.

Isles have the best coach, but remains to be seen if they're good enough in goal.

Let’s not make it sound like Trotz just kills offense.

Ovechkin scored 185 in 4 years, twice 50 and 53 under Trotz. Backstrom averaged close to 80 points in those 4 years. The year they won Carlson had 68 points and Kuznetsov 83 points and were 9th in the league in goals scored. He doesn’t make every player he touches into some offensive void.

Four years behind the bench for them goals for were

7th

2nd

3rd

9th

He’s just a good coach that can look at a roster and adjust to the roster he has. Anyway, this isn’t a thread about saying we should have Trotz because it’s irrelevant. To say he wouldn’t do well with our team seems a bit strange though, but I personally think there are quite a few coaches that would do better with our team as well.

If Quenneville was available, I'd like to see him. But ah well....

While I'm not totally anti Quinn, there have been too many good coaching candidates taken off the board this year already. I don't see a change being done regardless. I think Boudreau and Gallant would be the only two available worth looking at, if I'm not missing anybody.

While I'm not totally anti Quinn, there have been too many good coaching candidates taken off the board this year already. I don't see a change being done regardless. I think Boudreau and Gallant would be the only two available worth looking at, if I'm not missing anybody.

I'm not a big Boudreau guy either Sharpy, that's why I was more pro-Quinn than anything. Gallant and Babcock don't push the needle for me either, but then again, what the hell do I know!! ;)