• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nils Lundkvist Wins Salming Award, Awarded to Best Swedish-Born Defenseman in SHL

Phil

Any chance we see him this year?

I think the playoffs are just starting for Lulea

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No I dont think so.

The playoffs for Lule? starts 11.04 and could go on untill middle of May.

Then he will probably play the World cup that starts in the end of May.

Awesome. Another righty for the PP.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that he most likely won't have any PP time in NY. He should be ahead of Trouba on the PP2, but I doubt any coach will do that, especially not right away.

Still an amazing player that will complete our RHD.

No I dont think so.

The playoffs for Lule? starts 11.04 and could go on untill middle of May.

Then he will probably play the World cup that starts in the end of May.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that he most likely won't have any PP time in NY. He should be ahead of Trouba on the PP2, but I doubt any coach will do that, especially not right away.

Still an amazing player that will complete our RHD.

Thanks!

And I dont know hopefully he is as good as advertised and knocks trouba off after all

Tied for the team lead in goals

Most goals for a defensemen in the league (6th in points for dmen)

great, but whose spot is he taking on the first PP unit? as of right now i dont see him pushing strome out and obviously not Panarin. it's going to be a waste of a talent if he doesnt see 1st PP minutes

great, but whose spot is he taking on the first PP unit? as of right now i dont see him pushing strome out and obviously not Panarin. it's going to be a waste of a talent if he doesnt see 1st PP minutes

He's going to be a rookie. Really don't need to worry about that yet. His talent level is not far off from Fox and probably above Miller. He should be borderline untouchable in trade talks.

He's going to be a rookie. Really don't need to worry about that yet. His talent level is not far off from Fox and probably above Miller. He should be borderline untouchable in trade talks.

obviously, he's not even on the team yet. im just trying to figure out where his talent should be slotted in.

He could still play the PP plenty. We didn't have trouble working in both Fox and DeAngelo, who were both right handed. I don't see the problem. Trouba has no business on the PP anyway.

2nd PP unit gets no time. Thats why i think Lundkvists talents could be wasted. Im just thinking out loud

2nd PP unit gets no time. Thats why i think Lundkvists talents could be wasted. Im just thinking out loud

They get no time because Trouba and Miller are manning the points and the unit is hopeless. Time would be more evenly distributed if they had players to balance it out. We should really have Panarin and Mika on separate units anyway since they play the same role. Have a second unit with Nils on the point, Kakko in the Kreider role and Mika on the left circle to shoot. Chytil can play Strome's spot and Either Krav or Miller on the other point. Put Laf on unit one instead of Mika.

• 5 weeks later...
The Rangers will pick up negotiations with Lundkvist, set to represent Sweden, following the Worlds. The Post has learned that there had been talks between the parties aimed at getting the slick 20-year-old under contract for the playoffs had the Blueshirts qualified, but that obviously all became moot.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/chris-drury-not-changing-tony-deangelos-rangers-status/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...