• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Spotlight: Karan!

Keirik

So it was my job to kick off the next spotlight thread and after much deliberation, I’ve decided to go with one of the more underrated users on the board. Here we go !

Karan

1. Who has worse fans, Edmonton or Calgary?

2. Most underrated Ranger of all time?

3. What is your dream job, not hockey related?

4. If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show ?

5. If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?

You can punch 1 celebrity, who is it?

Which sock do you put on first?

Do you have a pair of new balance shoes?

If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show?

Did your parents ever own a piano?

1. It's been bugging me for the last decade. Is it pronounced like Karen or Quran?

2. You have to construct a Rangers lineup but each positional group can only come from one decade (i.e. Forwards - 90s, Defense - 2010s, etc.) what would your lineup be?

3. Do you have any pieces of hockey memorabilia you particularly value?

4. If you were the last person on Earth what would you do with your time?

5. You're offered a hundred thousand dollars, but for a year, every time you make eye contact with someone you shit your pants. Do you take the offer?

So it was my job to kick off the next spotlight thread and after much deliberation, I’ve decided to go with one of the more underrated users on the board. Here we go !

Karan

1. Who has worse fans, Edmonton or Calgary?

2. Most underrated Ranger of all time?

3. What is your dream job, not hockey related?

4. If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show ?

5. If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?

God damnit Keith...managed to go nearly 10 years on the forum before getting roped into one of those, so thanks a lot man! :banghead:

1. Who has worse fans, Edmonton or Calgary? Edmonton for sure. When things are going bad, Calgary fans just seem to accept the suck and go about their business. But I don't know if it's the 5 Cups or having McDavid, but you can never truly escape the sense of entitlement with Edmonton fans even when things are going badly.

2. Most underrated Ranger of all time? Only been a Rangers fan since 2002-2003 (picked a pretty shitty time to jump on the bandwagon huh!?), but I'll go with Marc Staal. I think he's in like the top 10 for most games played for the Rangers but generally seems to be a forgotten name when talking about memorable defensemen this team's had.

3. What is your dream job, not hockey related? Dream job would probably be something like moving to Europe (Germany?) and working for an auto firm like BMW in a project management capacity.

4. If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show ? Lately it's been Superstore.

5. If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them? I'm a terrible teacher and don't have the patience to teach anyone. :p

You can punch 1 celebrity, who is it?

Which sock do you put on first?

Do you have a pair of new balance shoes?

If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show?

Did your parents ever own a piano?

You can punch 1 celebrity, who is it? Oprah.

Which sock do you put on first? Right, you?

Do you have a pair of new balance shoes? Don't know what balance shoes are so I guess not.

If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show? :repost:

Did your parents ever own a piano? lmao random as hell, but no.

1. It's been bugging me for the last decade. Is it pronounced like Karen or Quran?

2. You have to construct a Rangers lineup but each positional group can only come from one decade (i.e. Forwards - 90s, Defense - 2010s, etc.) what would your lineup be?

5. You're offered a hundred thousand dollars, but for a year, every time you make eye contact with someone you shit your pants. Do you take the offer?

Really, Karen? For fuck's sake...yea it gets butchered all the time. It's actually pronounced Cur-run.

Gaborik-Lindros-Jagr (2000s), Leetch-Beukeboom (90s), Lundqvist (2010s)

None. But a couple pieces of F1 memorabilia (like a couple hats autographed by Raikkonen, Vettel, Massa), although the most valued one has gotta be the Schumacher autographed hat at Spa-Francorchamps back in 2010.

Probably the same shit as Robert Neville. Minus the dog. I'm not a dog person.

Damn man that's another random one lol Yea, as a major germophobe, not happening. Imagine Finch from American Pie :D

• Like 1

1. What's the most embarrassing piece of sports memorabilia you own?

2. Who is the best fourth-liner/scrub in Rangers history?

3. Red Bull or Monster?

4. You have to move tomorrow for a new career in your industry. Would you rather take a $30K pay-cut and move to the Bahamas, or get a $30K raise and move to some remote region in the Northwest Passages?

5. Is cereal soup?

Really, Karen? For fuck's sake...yea it gets butchered all the time. It's actually pronounced Cur-run.

I always erred towards a Quran-sound in my head so don't worry, I've never thought of you as a Karen. At last, though, my brain is at peace.

Damn man that's another random one lol Yea, as a major germophobe, not happening. Imagine Finch from American Pie :D

Always have to throw a gross-out curveball. :cheers:

God damnit Keith...managed to go nearly 10 years on the forum before getting roped into one of those, so thanks a lot man! :banghead:

1. Who has worse fans, Edmonton or Calgary? Edmonton for sure. When things are going bad, Calgary fans just seem to accept the suck and go about their business. But I don't know if it's the 5 Cups or having McDavid, but you can never truly escape the sense of entitlement with Edmonton fans even when things are going badly.

2. Most underrated Ranger of all time? Only been a Rangers fan since 2002-2003 (picked a pretty shitty time to jump on the bandwagon huh!?), but I'll go with Marc Staal. I think he's in like the top 10 for most games played for the Rangers but generally seems to be a forgotten name when talking about memorable defensemen this team's had.

3. What is your dream job, not hockey related? Dream job would probably be something like moving to Europe (Germany?) and working for an auto firm like BMW in a project management capacity.

4. If you need a pick me up, what is your go to favorite Movie/Show ? Lately it's been Superstore.

5. If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them? I'm a terrible teacher and don't have the patience to teach anyone. :p

You can run but you cant hide!

:)

Oh cool, Keirik passed the torch!!! Way to go man!!

OK Karan...here you go big fella:

1. Best rock concert you ever saw?

2. You get a chance of getting your dream car for free, what do you go with??

3. What's the strangest place you've ever watched a Ranger game?

4. If you had a chance to play any pro sport professionally, what would it be?

5. If you could go to any other NHL team's home arena and watch them play a game, what team would it be?

Ozz ;)

Oh-man that Shumi autographed hat is awesome!!

1. What's the fastest you've driven in a road car? Track car?

2. What happened to Electric Blue in 2013?

4. Which is better? Poutine or a hot NYC street pretzel?

5. Have you seen a bear? How close were you?

1. What's the fastest you've driven in a road car? Track car?

Road car, around 250-260 km/h. Was a Ferrari 488 in Italy a couple years ago. Well outside town/city limits obviously :p

Track car, around 220 km/h in a Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo. Pretty short track with not enough of a straightaway, also in Italy.

2. What happened to Electric Blue in 2013?

Was the color name of my car (Lancer) at the time lol Sold it off and so the username got retired too.

4. Which is better? Poutine or a hot NYC street pretzel?

Never had the latter so I gotta go with poutine. Besides being Canadian and all eh.

5. Have you seen a bear? How close were you?

Yeah bunch of bears in the wild couple hours outside Edmonton. Came across these guys some years back.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3. Red Bull or Monster?

4. You have to move tomorrow for a new career in your industry. Would you rather take a $30K pay-cut and move to the Bahamas, or get a $30K raise and move to some remote region in the Northwest Passages?

5. Is cereal soup?

Definitely a fuzzy Rangers throw blanket an ex got me a few years ago. Got banished to the back of a drawer on day 1.

That one's easy. Petr Prucha, no question.

Just kidding hah! I was a big fan of what Blair Betts brought to the table in his time here.

3. Red Bull or Monster?

Not a fan of energy drinks but if I'm dying of thirst and had no other choice, Red Bull.

Definitely the latter. I'm a creature comforts and tech/gadgets snob so I'd rather take the $$$ to pay for all of that...and a couple weeks vacation to the Bahamas.

5. Is cereal soup?

No. Basically just milk with your choice of 'toppings', is how I look at it. Also, I'm wondering why this question wasn't "Is a hot dog a sandwich?".

Oh cool, Keirik passed the torch!!! Way to go man!!

OK Karan...here you go big fella:

5. If you could go to any other NHL team's home arena and watch them play a game, what team would it be?

Ozz ;)

Alright Ozzman here you go.

Probably when Bryan Adams was on tour in India ages ago.

Damn you know I'm a huge car guy, way to put me on the spot. Probably a Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Drove one in Italy a few years ago and I think it was really the last of the Ferrari's that had a truly mechanical feeling while being built solidly a modern feel. The ones since then like the 458, 488, while obviously way faster, just don't have the same feeling of connection during the driving experience.

Probably on my cell while on an overnight train in India lol

Tennis.

Can't stand Habs fans, but would be cool to watch a game in Montreal, particularly a playoff game against a rival like the Leafs or Senators, just for the experience.

• Like 1

1. A month in Italy or a month in India?

2. Curry or pizza?

3. Any ice rinks in India

4. if Dunny was a woman, would you consider driving to his town for a date?

5. Bentley or Rolls Royce?

Italy. The women, food and cars there make this an easy decision. A week with family in India after would have to suffice.

2. Curry or pizza?

Gotta stick with tradition, curry.

Never come across one. There might be a handful in the northern states in the Himalayan climate but that's about it.

Considering Dunny lives some 3,000 miles away from me (I think?), there would have to be a hell of a lot more return on investment than just a date.

Not a fan of either, but if you're twisting my arm, Rolls Royce.

1) What is your favorite brand for pants?

2) Be honest, do you floss regularly?

3) Favorite subject at school?

4) If you could see any band live past or present who would they be and who would open for them?

5) If you had to pick up a new hobby what would it be?

6) If you had mod powers for one day and could ban people without any consequences, how many people would be gone by tomorrow?

Italy. The women, food and cars there make this an easy decision. A week with family in India after would have to suffice.

2. Curry or pizza?

Gotta stick with tradition, curry.

Never come across one. There might be a handful in the northern states in the Himalayan climate but that's about it.

Considering Dunny lives some 3,000 miles away from me (I think?), there would have to be a hell of a lot more return on investment than just a date.

Not a fan of either, but if you're twisting my arm, Rolls Royce.

i thought Dunny lived in western canada? edmonton area?

Do you have a sink with a garbage disposal?

Have you ever driven a zero-turn lawn mower?

If you could eliminate one thing from/originated in the US, what is it?

When is the last time you looked up an ex online?

Ever been arrested? (and does it have anything to do with the previous question)

Do you golf? If so, what do you consider a good score for yourself?

Do you go with paper or plastic at the grocery store checkout?

Do you like egg nog?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you the Rangers win the Cup before you need help wiping your own ass? What about before you die?

Do you golf? If so, what do you consider a good score for yourself?

Do you go with paper or plastic at the grocery store checkout?

Do you like egg nog?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you the Rangers win the Cup before you need help wiping your own ass? What about before you die?

I miss plastic being an option at grocery stores