• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

Really loving the grittiness of this team. Hopefully they don't lose that when everyone starts getting healthy

Awesome moment seeing Pillar back and getting a hit in his first at bat, that guys such a gamer

Got to wonder what was going through his mind when he got up there. Love the grittiness also and it's coming from different players which is awesome

• 2 weeks later...
Simply put, Jacob deGrom has went from best pitcher in baseball to a once-in-a-lifetime generational talent. I have never seen a pitcher dominate the way he is right now in my lifetime. And I’ve seen Pedro at his peak, and guys like the Big Unit and Clemens, etc. It’s unbelievable how he dominates. He is just on an entirely other level.

It’s mid-June, and he has more RBI’s (5) than he does earned runs allowed (4).

I think we all need to just understand what we’re witnessing here everytime he takes the mound. It’s the stuff of legend.

Think of it this way: if a pitcher through June (10 or 11 starts) consistently went out and through 7 innings, gave up 2 or 3 earned runs every start, he’d be on a solid track to a potential All-Star season. That would be allowing 22 earned runs in that time frame; respectable.

That is more than 5x the amount this savage has given up thus far. It’s mind blowing.

Mets split Monday doubleheader with Atlanta. deGrom was freakishly good in the first one, and the Mets were cautious with him. He had 5 strong innings, didn’t allow a run. They won Game 1 4-2, but lost the second game in a tight and tough 1-0 game.

More bad injury news. Familia and Gsellman to IL. Familia has a hip impingement. Gsellman has a torn lat, and will likely be out close to 2 months. Joey Lucchesi, who has been pitching well lately, also has a significant tear in his UCL and will likely need Tommy John surgery.

This team needs to make a trade for some starters. They have a lot of doubleheader’s coming up and need guys who can give them innings. Zack Scott needs to make a move here; it’s imperative. Their bullpen has been fantastic this year, but you don’t need them huffing, puffing and exhausted by September.

Sucks Stroman went down yesterday and the piling up of the injuries is going to be tough the next couple of weeks. But the hitting since the Thursday night game against the Cubs has been dreadful they look lost.

I just hope the injury doesn't prevent him from starting his next start, but it didn't appear serious.

It's been crazy seeing McKinney and Mason Williams playing for you guys. I remember when they were 'the future' of the Yankees' outfield. But, McKinney is doing a really good job with the Mets filling in. You can see some glimpses of what made him a first round pick.

McKinney he came in with a bang and was a nice surprise but has cooled off lately. I wonder when the Mets get all their outfielders back will he be kept.