• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

0.31 P/GP two years ago. 25-point pace over 82 games.

0.38 P/GP last season. 31-point pace over 82 games.

0.53 P/GP this season. 43-point pace over 82 games.

Progress, sure, but marginal. I get that he's only 21, but let's not pretend we're seeing the kind of year-to-year progress/performance that inspires and makes you feel confident that you have an unquestionable top-six player on your hands.

That's not marginal...But he's still a perimeter player.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not marginal...But he's still a perimeter player.

It's marginal year-to-year and relative to him being an unquestionable top-six player. Especially at center. 43-point centers aren't guys you'll die without.

I don't know if his hand is still hurt...it may very well be, but one thing the numbers don't say is that he looks unwilling to get his nose dirty.

In Ozzy terms: He plays like he's in his 2nd day of vagina cramps.

It's marginal year-to-year and relative to him being an unquestionable top-six player. Especially at center. 43-point centers aren't guys you'll die without.

Sorry, I didn't bold everything, but .38 to .53 isn't marginal. If he makes the same leap next year to .68 P/GP he's a 56 point third liner...That's pretty good.

I don't know if his hand is still hurt...it may very well be, but one thing the numbers don't say is that he looks unwilling to get his nose dirty.

In Ozzy terms: He plays like he's in his 2nd day of vagina cramps.

This is the guy I move for a tougher, more physical, presence down the middle. I'm not sold on him at all.

This is the guy I move for a tougher, more physical, presence down the middle. I'm not sold on him at all.

He's a RFA at the end of the season to boot, Kev. This team needs some balls, no doubt. I see Chytil as a finesse player and we have a lot of those. I'm sure Gorton and JD are going to address that situation head on. He just may be the bargaining chip for a future 3C, I agree.

Sure, if it translates to the NHL. I'm very much a what have you done for me lately type fan. I'll take wins over hope any day.

Bottom line...I gotcha!! I can't say I disagree, but I think Barron is going to be just what we needed up the middle in short order.

I mean, maybe, yeah, but if they trade him for some Pageau-like player that immediately pays dividends, I'm not shedding any tears. The same goes for any of the promising young prospects. They all can't and won't play here, anyway.