• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... like I said. Same team. Cap space is going to go to what's here. The names we will spend it on are worthy of it. As long as Buch doesn't crack the 5 million mark, I'm happy.

Yeah man, I'm with you all the way... :thumbs:

I'm glad we're staying with the plan too.

team has everything it needs to open a contention window starting in two years, maybe next year, why bother making moves? Could use a fourth line and maybe a goalie but really just need time and good salary management

(Cough cough cough center who can win a faceoff cough, cough)

That will partly come with experience too.

But yes it needs to be addressed

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A couple of guys that I would look to for that role in the offseason: Ryan Getzlaf or Brandon Sutter. Sutter is a little younger and probably has a little more left in the tank but the idea of Getzlaf on a one year deal is intriguing to me as a 4th line option. Leadership in bundles, solid faceoff guy, and can play in all situations if needed.

A couple of guys that I would look to for that role in the offseason: Ryan Getzlaf or Brandon Sutter. Sutter is a little younger and probably has a little more left in the tank but the idea of Getzlaf on a one year deal is intriguing to me as a 4th line option. Leadership in bundles, solid faceoff guy, and can play in all situations if needed.

Like Glendening. Career 55% fo winner, 62% this year. 31 years old, won’t break the bank, is a 4th liner anyway so knows his role.

Sam Bennet? Nah. Too mean. Need more Chytil.

lol Is it fair to be more concerned about Chytil going forward than Lafreniere and Kakko at this point? I know he got hurt after getting off to a great start which didn't help. But, he really should be better than this given his speed and you can see he has a solid skill set.

lol Is it fair to be more concerned about Chytil going forward than Lafreniere and Kakko at this point? I know he got hurt after getting off to a great start which didn't help. But, he really should be better than this given his speed and you can see he has a solid skill set.

Needs 7 points in 10 games to beat his career high 23 points!

Sure, I guess the number of games played in each season don't matter.

0.31 P/GP two years ago. 25-point pace over 82 games.

0.38 P/GP last season. 31-point pace over 82 games.

0.53 P/GP this season. 43-point pace over 82 games.

Progress, sure, but marginal. I get that he's only 21, but let's not pretend we're seeing the kind of year-to-year progress/performance that inspires and makes you feel confident that you have an unquestionable top-six player on your hands.