• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

If Krav injecting some more youth and skill into the lineup, I would love if they got hot similarly to how they did last year, even if they fall short. Although, Mika still hasn't looked great. He's had some big games where he's kind of padded his stats. But, he's still flubbing on a lot of shots and passes overall.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get behind this. If the Rangers can put a run together, it will be against who they would likely match up against in the first and second rounds. Isles, Caps, Pens. If they can take them in the coming weeks, I see no reason why they can't do damage in the playoffs. Don't forget anything can happen. Lesser teams have gone on runs and made it to the finals. I'm not counting on it, but I'm also not going to shit on the thought.

If this team can put it together AS IS, I don't see any harm in trying to win and doing it.

You never know.

totally not going to happen... lol

I hear ya my man! Trust me...I'd absolutely LOVE to see them make a run at it, but I just don't think they're set up to make the playoffs. That's just my opinion though, Dude man.

I think what we do (or don't do) at today's deadline will spell it out. I don't see us buying players to take a run at it, and that tells me that we're going to sit pat and get our shit together for next season....which is fine by me.

These last 15 games to me are for the kids, and team chemistry in general. Just playing spoiler, and not giving a shit about making mistakes, just to try some new things and different strategies to see what clicks. There are just way too many holes in this team to be a playoff team in my opinion.

Next year's a different story! ;)

Howden/Gauthier/Rooney/Blackwell for last spot.

One of Howden and Gauthier will end up exposed, but while they can be picked by Seattle they don't fulfill the exposure requirement. Teams are required to expose 2 forwards who are under contract in 2022. Only Rooney, Blackwell, and Strome meet that criteria without a NMC.

I'm on the NBC Sports trade tracker....

Did anything other than this go down??

Buffalo Sabres: Anders Bjork, 2022 second-round pick (Buffalo retains 50% of Hall’s salary)

Boston Bruins: Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar

...or is it just dead so far???

I hear ya my man! Trust me...I'd absolutely LOVE to see them make a run at it, but I just don't think they're set up to make the playoffs. That's just my opinion though, Dude man.

I think what we do (or don't do) at today's deadline will spell it out. I don't see us buying players to take a run at it, and that tells me that we're going to sit pat and get our shit together for next season....which is fine by me.

These last 15 games to me are for the kids, and team chemistry in general. Just playing spoiler, and not giving a shit about making mistakes, just to try some new things and different strategies to see what clicks. There are just way too many holes in this team to be a playoff team in my opinion.

Next year's a different story! ;)

The only thing is, I don't see them making any drastic roster moves next season. What we see now is what we will get next year, plus Lundkvist. If they're going with the youth and stay with what works in Strome with Panarin, there aren't any moves to make.

If they can't do it or come close this year, why bother next year? It will be the same team, just with a bunch more temporary cap space....

I'm on the NBC Sports trade tracker....

Did anything other than this go down??

Buffalo Sabres: Anders Bjork, 2022 second-round pick (Buffalo retains 50% of Hall’s salary)

Boston Bruins: Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar

...or is it just dead so far???

Technically the Jeff Carter deal to Pittsburgh was after midnight and counts as today. There were a few more trades yesterday.

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades

• Like 1

The only thing is, I don't see them making any drastic roster moves next season. What we see now is what we will get next year, plus Lundkvist. If they're going with the youth and stay with what works in Strome with Panarin, there aren't any moves to make.

If they can't do it or come close this year, why bother next year? It will be the same team, just with a bunch more temporary cap space....

...that cap can be very useful if used correctly though ;)

In a world without OT and SO, the Bruins would be 15-12-12 for 42 points and we would be 16-16-9 for 41. These skills competitions are killing us.

I still do not understand how the powers that be are keeping the shootout. 3v3 OT is fucking fantastic and the shootout is terrible.

I still do not understand how the powers that be are keeping the shootout. 3v3 OT is fucking fantastic and the shootout is terrible.

Yeah, man. I just want to see 3-on-3 until someone scores. I've always hated shootouts, even when we've had Hank. An extra point in the standings should not be decided in what is essentially a skills competition. Yeah, the three-on-three is kind of gimmicky too, but at least it has some semblance of actual hockey, albeit pond hockey. lol

Honestly, I'd rather go back to OT just being in the playoffs, and if it's a tie after 60, fuck it...it's a tie. One point apiece.

I'm not a big fan of the gimmicky 3v3 or shootout shit either.

I hate 3v3 or the shootout as well. As you say it is gimmicky and to me, not natural hockey(when was the last time you saw 3v3 in a real game?). It becomes a skills competition.

Go 4v4 with two 5 minute sudden death periods for OT. Nobody scores, it’s a tie. And STOP giving a point for regulation ties. Two points awarded for each game, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk