• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't expect me to speak any Russian. I just go to their banyas. :cheers:

Ok, you're off the hook!! LOL

Hell, if the Rangers actually get in the damn playoffs, I'll drive down and go to the bars with you. LOL

We're gonna get a pretty big shin-dig together one night soon, Sharpy...you'll be there man!!!

One wish for me this year, MOVE KREIDER and his fucking contract!

Trouba's is more of a problem than Kreider's I think!

We have more defense than we know what to do with and Miller has made Trouba expendable....not to mention Fox! ;)

Trouba's is more of a problem than Kreider's I think!

We have more defense than we know what to do with and Miller has made Trouba expendable....not to mention Fox! ;)

I agree that Trouba needs to be moved, i just don’t think now is the time. Smith is not here next year, from there its all kids on defence.

Love Foxy, he does bring calm and leadership with his play.

Would think teams looking to strengthen the back end of their rosters would consider Blackwell and Smith. Neither are not gonna cost much, neither figures to have a future here, but both servicable vets. Really like Blackwell, but he's a 4th liner, nothing more. Smith on the 3rd pair is decent.

Doubt there will be much movement beyond those kinds of guys.

That can't trade Rooney or Blackwell. They need to have 2 players under contract to expose. The only other player that would qualify is Strome, unless the resign on of the RFA's before the expansion draft.

and how do you plan to move those players when they have full NMC's??

Not to mention who would take those contracts??

I don't....

But I can digest Kreider's 6.5 million a lot easier than Trouba's 8 mil.

We're married to those 2 guys for a long time.

There's probably at least a dozen teams who would take Kreider today. There is nothing wrong with his contract.

Kreider's contract is legitimately a good deal.

Yeah, I can handle Kreider's...it's kinda long, but it's not awful...Trouba's sucks a large drippy monkey's weenie!!!

That fucking deal may really hurt when Fox becomes a UFA!

This TDL has two real interesting dynamics beyond COVID

1 - How do contenders at the cap manage to fit contracts that would otherwise put them over?

2 - In a draft where scouts are kind of throwing their hands up and saying "fuck it" - what's the value of pick and how does it change?

I don't....

But I can digest Kreider's 6.5 million a lot easier than Trouba's 8 mil.

We're married to those 2 guys for a long time.

The moment both their deals become M-NTC, GET 'EM OUTTA HERE and I don't care if you get pennies on the dollar for them in a trade.

Other than Trouba though, I think we're in pretty good shape, contract wise.

Buch will most likely go to arbitration, and we may get a good deal for him for 3 years...."kicking the can down the road", as you guys often say.

I think we can sew up Lindgren, Shesty, and Hajek, Goat, and Chytil fairly easily with the now "not dead" available cap space. I can give a flying fuck about Howden, and DiGuisseppe.

I also wouldn't mind seeing us keep Brendan Smith as a 7th, or depth defenseman...(not for 4 million a year!!! ...but something serviceable).

I'm totally hoping for a quiet TDL this year....I really like this team, and the players. I also think we're going to be very tough next season....

The moment both their deals become M-NTC, GET 'EM OUTTA HERE and I don't care if you get pennies on the dollar for them in a trade.

Oh I agree, Costa...I was never a fan of resigning Kreider last season. I had a blood pressure attack when I heard the terms!!!

...But CK's deal is at least somewhat digestible. Trouba's deal makes me wanna projectile vomit! :rofl:

Eh. The need to get rid of Trouba is probably linked to K'Andre Miller's extension, and the need to get rid of Kreider is likely linked to Lafrenieres - and that's all depending on just how much those two get paid.

Let's take a moment here to appreciate that we're on 30 million in cap space for next year, with....3.5 big contracts to work out (Buch, Chytil, Lindgren, Shesterkin), of which only two of them (Buch, Shesterkin) should even threaten to be larger - and in Shesterkin's case, the market may have already been set by Demko.

You could argue it gets worse the year after, sure, but the "worst case" is that we're going into 2022's offseason with 20 million in cap space (assuming we've somehow used every ounce of the 30M I mentioned earlier) and have to figure out Fox, Zib, Strome and Kakko. That might get tough, but I can't see both Zib and Strome on the team by end of next year barring one or both of them agreeing to sweetheart deals. And if we've not used all that cap - more to cushion things.

It's when Lafreniere, Kravtsov, and Miller are due up in 2023-24 where things start to get scary - assuming it's all going to plan. The "problem" we have is that the two deals we've signed with Kreider and Trouba go to modified trade in 2024-25, not 2023-24.

EDIT - to give a general sense for where I'm at here, consider this roster, which is a "no changes, all key pieces re-signed" 2021-22. We'd be on 11M in cap space here.

nyr202122.png

• Like 1

I'm headed out for the night, fellas...Happy Easter and all that !!!

You guys rule!!! It's happy hour and I'm gonna bail for a while!!! I'm totally diggin' this Good Friday thing!!!

Keep an eye on Keirik, RJ and G Man and make sure they don't make too much sense!!! :rofl:

RJ, if you're around, I already have a beer waitin' for ya, big fella!!!

There's probably at least a dozen teams who would take Kreider today. There is nothing wrong with his contract.

Maybe not right away due to flat cap and the $19 million he's owed in signing bonuses the next three years. But by the start of the third year of the deal, right after his bonus is paid, he's eminently tradeable to every contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm headed out for the night, fellas...Happy Easter and all that !!!

You guys rule!!! It's happy hour and I'm gonna bail for a while!!! I'm totally diggin' this Good Friday thing!!!

Keep an eye on Keirik, RJ and G Man and make sure they don't make too much sense!!! :rofl:

RJ, if you're around, I already have a beer waitin' for ya, big fella!!!

Don't come back slurring all over the keyboard :happy:

Maybe not right away due to flat cap and the $19 million he's owed in signing bonuses the next three years. But by the start of the third year of the deal, right after his bonus is paid, he's eminently tradeable to every contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

By the start of the third year of his new deal, WE should be the contenders.

This TDL has two real interesting dynamics beyond COVID

1 - How do contenders at the cap manage to fit contracts that would otherwise put them over?

2 - In a draft where scouts are kind of throwing their hands up and saying "fuck it" - what's the value of pick and how does it change?

Number 2 has me very intrigued. Obviously there will be a ton of unknown in terms of drafting so I’d definitely be more cautious about this upcoming draft. I think you might be able to sneak a good pick of players higher in the first round or even later just because of all these unknowns. I think we will look back 5 years or so from now and say “I can’t believe team x got this guy so late....” before looking back and realizing why.