• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorton's phone will be ringing. Strome and Buchnevich are having excellent seasons, but we aren't sniffing the playoffs here. I wonder who will try to pry one of them away...and if Gorton will entertain it.

I don't know why he would. Both players are under contract. We don't need any more picks. We're overflowing with prospects and this years draft stinks. Rangers will be buying this summer. Doesn't make sense to sell players who are cost controlled right now.

I don't know why he would. Both players are under contract. We don't need any more picks. We're overflowing with prospects and this years draft stinks. Rangers will be buying this summer. Doesn't make sense to sell players who are cost controlled right now.

Buch isn't. He's an RFA this summer. But I don't think they need to rush sell anyone, really. The biggest question — Eichel — will 100% get handled in the offseason. I'd be entirely content with them doing nothing at the deadline, or doing very little, like sending Smith (UFA) to a contender as depth.

Buch isn't. He's an RFA this summer. But I don't think they need to rush sell anyone, really. The biggest question — Eichel — will 100% get handled in the offseason. I'd be entirely content with them doing nothing at the deadline, or doing very little, like sending Smith (UFA) to a contender as depth.
I just don't know who has the space or willingness to want to take on even half of that contract.

Would think teams looking to strengthen the back end of their rosters would consider Blackwell and Smith. Neither are not gonna cost much, neither figures to have a future here, but both servicable vets. Really like Blackwell, but he's a 4th liner, nothing more. Smith on the 3rd pair is decent.

Doubt there will be much movement beyond those kinds of guys.

Smith for future considerations, and the future considerations would be "we considered it and he wasn't worth anything".

Smith for future considerations, and the future considerations would be "we considered it and he wasn't worth anything".

LOL. I'd offer him to contenders as quality depth and then look to bring him back as the team's 6/7 this off-season.

Yeah agreed. And yeah, I meant that Buch is still under team control. Buch, IMO could be an important piece in an Eichel deal too so I don't see how or why they move him.