• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Strome: Good, Actually

Phil

It's really amazing what an influx of confidence can do for a talented player. It doesn't always work, but putting him with Panarin to boost his confidence was a fantastic move that has paid dividends. He's really proven to be a talented playmaker. He's obviously got a great hockey sense, so it's good to see it square up with the rest of his game.

I wish he could win a faceoff, but yeah, I mean you're not gonna get much better production than that no matter who's playing 2nd line center.

Do the Rangers actually have a center ice problem? Not sure.

Nope. They only have a checking or 4th line center problem that can win faceoffs in big defensive spots.

Nope. They only have a checking or 4th line center problem that can win faceoffs in big defensive spots.

Eh, I'd say they still have no idea what Chytil is, but they definitely don't have a top-6 center problem.

Glad they went with what obviously works. Somehow someway, this dude fell into a great situation. The Rangers had no plans to use him in a top 6 role. If Andersson doesn't shit the bed and they don't stupidly deal Namestnikov before trying him in a top 6 role, or if they decided to keep Hayes, I don't think Strome puts it all together.

Eh, I'd say they still have no idea what Chytil is, but they definitely don't have a top-6 center problem.

Agreed. I don’t think they know but if ziby and Strome are 1/2, and they had an actual defensive/faceoff c for a 4th line, just let Chytil develop untouched in a kid like/energy line role until we know exactly where he is.

It's really amazing what an influx of confidence can do for a talented player. It doesn't always work, but putting him with Panarin to boost his confidence was a fantastic move that has paid dividends. He's really proven to be a talented playmaker. He's obviously got a great hockey sense, so it's good to see it square up with the rest of his game.

What's more is that the guy is a 60 minute player and brings it every game, Morph!

After the slow start, he's been magnificent! No complaints from me with Strome....he's a good 2 way center and a good playmaker!!

Agreed. I don’t think they know but if ziby and Strome are 1/2, and they had an actual defensive/faceoff c for a 4th line, just let Chytil develop untouched in a kid like/energy line role until we know exactly where he is.

They should spend the whole goddamn summer practicing faceoffs. It's literally the last hole in the 1-2 punch, and even then, the wings are so good at getting the puck back.

Just sign a Luke glendening . He’s a ufa this offseason coming off an under 2m cap hit. He’s regularly 55%+ in the faceoff department, is a bottom 6 guy, kills penalties, blocks shots and hits. 31 so he has some experience around the league without being too old to play the game. Just that alone would give some structure and u hope he knows a trick or two that helps others in the f/o circle

Just sign a Luke glendening . He’s a ufa this offseason coming off an under 2m cap hit. He’s regularly 55%+ in the faceoff department, is a bottom 6 guy, kills penalties, blocks shots and hits. 31 so he has some experience around the league without being too old to play the game. Just that alone would give some structure and u hope he knows a trick or two that helps others in the f/o circle

Either what Keirik said, or get Doug Jarvis as a faceoff coach!

This is almost sacrilegious coming from you. No more calls for Big Game?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This is almost sacrilegious coming from you. No more calls for Big Game?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think we need to stay the course with what we have talent wise and just add the complimentary pieces that allow our talent to focus on being the talent they are instead of trying to fit into 5 different play styles at the same time.

Am I usually asking for big names here?

• Like 1

I think we need to stay the course with what we have talent wise and just add the complimentary pieces that allow our talent to focus on being the talent they are instead of trying to fit into 5 different play styles at the same time.

Am I usually asking for big names here?

Oh i agree. I was talking about how you're always pining for a particular ex Ranger whose name rhymes with Frian Loyal.

The only problem they have is that they won't be able to keep Strome after next year when his contract is up. And then the bigger issue is who steps in at that second line spot?