• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Laine Opens Up About Deep Struggles with the Blue Jackets

Phil

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had 10 points in his first 10 games after coming over. I don't know why you're trying to make the benching some type of tipping point.

He's also 23 and has been in the league for 5 years and force the trade off a team pretty much for the same reason he's struggling right now. He didn't see eye to eye with his last team on effort level either.

I just think the Torts narrative is tired.

Well, that’s your opinion of course. I think part of it is true right now. He’s a two time Jack adams winner, cup winner, most wins in the history for American born coaches and has overachieved with the roster several times even in Columbus. Yet, he’s not under contract next year and there is very little news about extending him.

Fine. Ignore the first benching. Then we can talk about the second benching, in a game where Laine had a goal and an assist. March 11th. That was the last time Laine scored a goal. 10 games without one now.

I’m not saying Laine isn’t a big part of these problems. He’s the biggest problem. But I think in this case with Torts right now, there is so,e truth to the Torts aspect going on..

Are you suggesting the last 18 games nullifies or diminishes in any way the previous 316 games of his career?
Kakko has 15 goals in nearly 100 NHL games (0.15 G/GP). Laine has 147 in 334 (0.44 G/GP). I'll take the latter, every time.
Wasn't comparing him to Kakko. Just don't know that he's guaranteed production. He's more like Krieder. He'll score you goals but he'll also disappear for 10 game stretches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes, and ultimately give you more than Kakko, who to this point in his career looks more like late-career Rick Nash (defensively sound, offensively inept) than early-career Rick Nash, which is who we thought we were getting.