• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#35) Rangers v. Washington Capitals // Let's Not Get Stormed

With a healthy looking Shesterkin and Zibanejad looking closer to how he did last year, I'm hoping they can get on a run like they did last year before the COVID shutdown. They were pretty much a must watch team, and they've had trouble finding their way since then. They still might fall short of a playoff berth, but I think they could be poised to get hot.

I gotta say, it's been a fun year to watch these guys! Even though I didn't set my expectations very high, I'd love to see them make a run at this. The ups and downs with this group were expected, especially with the whole Covid scenario, and the fact that I have work boots older than most of them.

Last night was a great peak of the flashes of greatness that are headed our way, in my opinion. It's hard to be patient when you see them play games like that, but we're all too reminded of what they also can be on the flip side, as they grow into NHL'ers and learn from their mistakes.

I swear I think I peed a little when Kakko scored! :rofl:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandwagon is filling @ rocket speed. Now the naysayers are all giddy over one game and all the players are all-stars. Altho I am always rooting FOR this team and there is plenty to smile about, it remains to be seen if they get consistently good goaltending and whether or not they can sustain a full 60 minute game, much less " go on a run ". Buffalo looming and the NYR can ill afford a letdown against a team that is floundering. That's the latest from the YUOA. Bye bye.

For the most part, the games have been very entertaining. I really like rooting for the kids, and you're right Lefty....these guys are going to be a really tough out, sooner than later!

I kinda felt that when Igor was making all those saves, keeping it a 2-0 game, the Rangers got a spark from it.

That third period though; Wow!! ...and what can't you say about Fox??

Fox, awesome ,even better than I thought he could be after last season ,you can't ask for more

I gotta say, it's been a fun year to watch these guys! Even though I didn't set my expectations very high, I'd love to see them make a run at this. The ups and downs with this group were expected, especially with the whole Covid scenario, and the fact that I have work boots older than most of them.

Last night was a great peak of the flashes of greatness that are headed our way, in my opinion. It's hard to be patient when you see them play games like that, but we're all too reminded of what they also can be on the flip side, as they grow into NHL'ers and learn from their mistakes.

I swear I think I peed a little when Kakko scored! :rofl:

You better get use to it or get one of those senior diapers

It's funny Lefty...I don't think I've missed a single game this year! In the 50 years I've been a fan of this team, I don't think I've ever been glued to the TV as much as I have been this season. The ups and downs have been there, but I keep looking forward to the future, and I see a lot of good things headed our way!

I don't think I've ever seen an opposing player beeline his way to the Rangers bench faster than Wilson did last night. Nice response from Lindgren who just love even more now.

It was great last night Lindgren going right back at Ovie the kid has a big pair and love his play with an edge.

It's funny Lefty...I don't think I've missed a single game this year! In the 50 years I've been a fan of this team, I don't think I've ever been glued to the TV as much as I have been this season. The ups and downs have been there, but I keep looking forward to the future, and I see a lot of good things headed our way!

I with you Ozzy I haven't missed many of the games and love tuning in every night to see the wizardry of Adam Fox and all the youth on this team. The best thing to happen to the Rangers is when the put in a salary cap and learned you need to build through the draft and cannot be bought.

It was great last night Lindgren going right back at Ovie the kid has a big pair and love his play with an edge.

I think his edge has increased this year. Actually, I think his overall level of play is. He also seems to be getting a bit more involved offensively. I don't think he'll ever be a guy who puts up a lot of points, but I can see him getting more confident carrying the puck a bit more and making some more plays with it.

I with you Ozzy I haven't missed many of the games and love tuning in every night to see the wizardry of Adam Fox and all the youth on this team. The best thing to happen to the Rangers is when the put in a salary cap and learned you need to build through the draft and cannot be bought.

I think his edge has increased this year. Actually, I think his overall level of play is. He also seems to be getting a bit more involved offensively. I don't think he'll ever be a guy who puts up a lot of points, but I can see him getting more confident carrying the puck a bit more and making some more plays with it.

Miller is also testing it out a bit more, lately. He got smoked a couple of times the last few weeks, but I give the kid credit for "pushing it" a little, just to test the boundaries. When Miller tries to do too much, he gets dusted, but I noticed last night, that when he just keeps it within reason, he's going to be another guy we're going to absolutely love as we move into next season!