• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#34) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Guess Who's Back..Quinning

I wouldn’t say it was him just changing lines. Quinn wasn’t in that locker room or at the practice facility running it. He wasn’t talking to the team. He wasn’t the one setting them up to go out before a game. He may have told Knoblauch what to do lines wise and style wise, but everything else was on Knoblauch.

"I’m loving the experience. I like being here. It’s been a lot of fun. I’m learning some stuff. But taking pride? No. I’m here. I call out the lines; very little work I’m doing. The coaching staff really ultimately sets the game plan and has put the systems in place for the players to succeed. Right now, I’m just relaying that message for a few games. Like I said, I’m enjoying it. But take responsibility for it? Absolutely, very little of it." - Kris Knoblauch

https://theathletic.com/2478315/2021/03/26/rangers-and-mika-zibanejad-6-points-continue-cutting-flyers-down-to-size/

Straight from his own mouth.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I’m loving the experience. I like being here. It’s been a lot of fun. I’m learning some stuff. But taking pride? No. I’m here. I call out the lines; very little work I’m doing. The coaching staff really ultimately sets the game plan and has put the systems in place for the players to succeed. Right now, I’m just relaying that message for a few games. Like I said, I’m enjoying it. But take responsibility for it? Absolutely, very little of it." - Kris Knoblauch

https://theathletic.com/2478315/2021/03/26/rangers-and-mika-zibanejad-6-points-continue-cutting-flyers-down-to-size/

Still doesnt change the fact that he is the one in the locker room, not Quinn. He’s not putting Quinn on speaker phone to prep these guys to go onto the ice, he is the one motivating them. Quinn set the lines and style, that it.

Yea but while Knobby might be enforcing the X's and O's on behalf of Quinn, there's still something to be said about the possibility of the players responding differently to a new voice/approach in the locker room and behind the bench...

Stull doesnt change the fact that he is the one in the locker room, not Quinn. He’s not putting Quinn on speaker phone to prep these guys to go into the ice, he is the one motivating them. Quinn set the lines and style, that it.

And as evidenced by yesterday's game it's not as though he's capable of working magic. He's not some soothsayer.

Yea but while Knobby might be enforcing the X's and O's on behalf of Quinn, there's still something to be said about the possibility of the players responding differently to a new voice/approach in the locker room and behind the bench...

This. Knoblauch is one the speaking with them and motivating them. The team responded better under him than Quinn.

I mean, I don’t think you can draw any conclusions from it.

But what is he supposed to say? “I’ve made some changes to what the guy with the elite coiffeur was doing, and even a blind man can see it’s working”? The fact Quinn wasn’t around the team is a factor, regardless of what Carpiniello would have you believe.

And as evidenced by yesterday's game it's not as though he's capable of working magic. He's not some soothsayer.

Everyone knew yesterday the Flyers were coming out harder. The Rangers weren’t blown out, they lost by a goal to steal they put scored 17-3 in two games. There was no way that team was letting that happen again. It wasn’t as lopsided as your saying either. And in 6 games, they went 4-2. For this team, that says something.

I mean, I don’t think you can draw any conclusions from it.

But what is he supposed to say? “I’ve made some changes to what the guy with the elite coiffeur was doing, and even a blind man can see it’s working”? The fact Quinn wasn’t around the team is a factor, regardless of what Carpiniello would have you believe.

I can't look at the games he's coached and say this team is wildly different They beat the Flyers twice (a dogshit team of late that actually mustered responses over the last two games), the Sabres once (the worst team in the league that they didn't dominate by any means), and the Capitals once. With the exception of the entirety of the first Flyers game and the first 30 minutes of the second Flyers game, can we really argue that this team looked that different under Knoblauch? They've fallen into all of the same habits when they haven't been gifted scoring opportunities. They didn't adapt when they faced adversity, they just tried the same shit repeatedly. The Flyers games were awesome to watch but I'm not gonna pretend like we really saw anything that different. The entire body of games that Knoblauch has presided over show that this team is just as inconsistent under him as they are under Quinn.