• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Brendan Lemieux to LAK For 4th Round Pick

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense to me. Lemieux didn't really have a long-term role here and Rooney/Blackwell/PDG are all more serviceable players. I imagine this is a precursor Gauthier dropping down to the 4th line rotation with Kravtsov taking his place on the third line.

Yeah, that's logical.

basically throwing someone out to get kravtsov space, assuming we might get a similar return for rooney and that'll wrap up our trades until off-season

It goes beyond Kravtsov. Lemieux just isn't better than any of the competition here and the Rangers also have prospects knocking on the door next year like Morgan Barron and Justin Richards. You're not squeezing much more out of Lemieux at 25 so this is far from "throwing someone out."

Liked the toughness he brought. He definitely played hard and forechecked well. End of the day though, in this league your 4th line guys are guys you want to trust in PK or defensive minutes.

4th round pick in a draft that is t being scouted much due to covid could be a home run. We also have buffalos 3rd (Vesey) so we have ammo to trade up if we need to

I guess he didn't go to the right Prep School, and they weren't able to turn him in to oatmeal, like the rest of the personality-less roster. It's now Zibanejad and a bunch of guys who pretend they can't speak english.
I know we like to say Kreider is thickheaded but he's not the pretending type.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk