• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox: Norris Candidate? Adam Fox: Norris Candidate!

Phil

Tied for ninth in scoring among defensemen coming into this game with Chabot and Sergachev. 16th among all NHL defenders in TOI/G.

Five assists and counting tonight. Assuming no other movement, he'd be the fifth-highest scoring defender after tonight.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it's a lack of recognition for the player he is as much as it's a lack of top-3 scoring production among defenders. When's the last time a player won the Norris without being one of the league's best scoring defensemen?

Should be., but it feels like he doesn't get the recognition he deserves yet.

He hasn't yet, but this 5 point game should get him on people's radar, and if they start to watch him play I dont see how people can overlook him.

He's clear of Hughes and Makar, but he's not flashy and not a high draft pick so people won't give him the respect he deserves. Neither of those guys can defend and now Fox' even putting up better offensive numbers than those guys.

He hasn't yet, but this 5 point game should get him on people's radar, and if they start to watch him play I dont see how people can overlook him.

He's clear of Hughes and Makar, but he's not flashy and not a high draft pick so people won't give him the respect he deserves. Neither of those guys can defend and now Fox' even putting up better offensive numbers than those guys.

Problem is, Hedman and Carlson still exist. Also, Hughes has 28 points in 37 games so far.

Problem is, Hedman and Carlson still exist. Also, Hughes has 28 points in 37 games so far.

Hedman will probably win, and thats deserved.

Look at the underlying stats and Fox is clear of Carlson aswell. Fox has 26 in 31 now and Hughes cant defend.

I'm not saying he should win it, because thats never going to happen. You need a reputation to win these awards, but he should definitely get votes. If he keeps up he should be top 5, maybe even top 3.

Playing tough (and many) minutes every night, PPQB, our best PK'er by a mile. He's the definition of an allround stud D man. What more do he need to do?

The way the Norris has always worked is that you need a season to get into people's radar and then the votes start to come if the player repeats the performance the following year. This year is Fox's take notice season. The Norris has always seemed to be an award that is given for prior accomplishments and reputation as much as current season outputs. It's not the gold glove award. However the player needs to be in the conversation of elite defenseman prior to the season to get the award.

I think we may finally have our Brian Leetch type of defenseman we've been pining for since he was traded. We thought we might have had it with Del Zotto and DeAngelo, but I think we really have it now. I purposely did not even bother mentioning Tom Poti.

He is easily the best defenseman this team has had since Leetch was good. Guy is worth everything they gave up for him and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk