• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox: Norris Candidate? Adam Fox: Norris Candidate!

Phil

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, how many players have been a finalist or won the Norris trophy that was not on a playoff team?
Josi last year, technically. Believe Nashville would have missed playoffs last year and they lost the play in round.

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious, how many players have been a finalist or won the Norris trophy that was not on a playoff team?

Won? Zero. I think Erik Karlsson led the league in points one year and didn't win it because the Sens missed. If the Rangers don't get in, Fox won't win it.

If you're the best defenseman, you're the best defenseman. I don't think making the playoffs should be a factor. It's only one guy, not surprising that's what ends up happening. But in any case, he's made a great case for himself regardless and it'll be his time eventually.

That's how most awards work, unfortunately. It's why Panarin didn't get real consideration for MVP

It will be interesting to see if Makars missed time will cost him any votes. He's really the only one who I would be OK with winning over Fox.

The Norris race for those 2 in the years to come is going to be fun, it's going to become a player rivalry of players who rarely go head to head

Do the Rangers even have to go that high? He's a RFA after next season, so why not some type of bridge deal that at least takes him to where Trouba/Kreider's NTC's become modified and we can make room at the Inn.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we could keep him for less than 8x8...

Do the Rangers even have to go that high? He's a RFA after next season, so why not some type of bridge deal that at least takes him to where Trouba/Kreider's NTC's become modified and we can make room at the Inn.

He's going to come with John Carlson, and the Rangers will counter with like Charlie McAvoy.

Fox is worth every penny, but he's not going higher than 8m. His comparables on age and production are like Ekblad/Hedman and neither is over 8.

He's going to come with John Carlson, and the Rangers will counter with like Charlie McAvoy.

Fox is worth every penny, but he's not going higher than 8m. His comparables on age and production are like Ekblad/Hedman and neither is over 8.

Can't see him taking less than Trouba on a maxed out contract length. Certainly you could get him cheaper if you go 3 years to get him to UFA status. The wise thing here has to be to lock him up as long as you can now. He won't get any cheaper.

Can't see him taking less than Trouba on a maxed out contract length. Certainly you could get him cheaper if you go 3 years to get him to UFA status. The wise thing here has to be to lock him up as long as you can now. He won't get any cheaper.

I still think it's Ekblad. 8 years, 60M.

Trouba deal was signed with the expectation of a rising cap. That's out the window. Even with this season, he's not coming in much higher than 8m.