Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL Fires Referee Tim Peel Following Hot-Mic Comment About Penalty Call on Predators

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Even up Andy was a thing. And its pretty common. Doesnt make it okay but how many times a year have you seen any team get a BS powerplay and then say "Refs are going to look to even this up so dont do anything remotely stupid" in your head ?

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Watch how the game changes with calls now
    Yeah, I think it's gonna get real stupid in response. For the next few weeks, I think we're either gonna see refs call absolutely nothing, like it's a playoff game, or call every single infraction under the sun and we'll wind up with 8 penalties per team. And they'll be like, "Is this what you wanted?!"

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Yeah, I think it's gonna get real stupid in response. For the next few weeks, I think we're either gonna see refs call absolutely nothing, like it's a playoff game, or call every single infraction under the sun and we'll wind up with 8 penalties per team. And they'll be like, "Is this what you wanted?!"
    I mean... then they can just be fired and easily replaced. This isn't the time for friggin' referees to take a stand. Nobody cares about them.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    And they'd be correct.

I know some actual NHL players who believe, %100, that the playoffs are "managed" to maximize revenue. As in, the refs are instructed to manage the playoff series as best they can, without being overt, to maximize games.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    And they'd be correct.

I know some actual NHL players who believe, %100, that the playoffs are "managed" to maximize revenue. As in, the refs are instructed to manage the playoff series as best they can, without being overt, to maximize games.
    You know multiple NHL players personally? And they all believe in the same conspiracy? Hmm.

Germanic Ranger Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yeah, what Karan said. This is has been commonplace for years. I'm glad it's come to light. I really don't like how the referees feel they need to make things more 'fair' by trying to make the powerplay opportunities as equal as they can. If one team is being more disciplined than the other, then so be it. Don't screw with the games to try and even things out.
    And any game with an big imbalance in PPs gets the "Refs cheated us" treatment. lol
    People will never accept that their team might have played dirtier than the other.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Nhl fans... “wow this is bs. They got 6 pp and we got 1. Refs cheated us!”

Same nhl fans.... “holy shit the integrity of the game is at stake here. These referees are looking to even up calls. I always knew it!”

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Perhaps the culture of "even 'em up" is inevitable, but if this guy has to get sacrificed in order to at least reduce it, I'm for it.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I wonder if we see more or less of the dumb hooking call when the stick in on the waist, but not really hooking
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I wonder if we see more or less of the dumb hooking call when the stick in on the waist, but not really hooking
    So what's your stick doing on the guy's waist if you are not hooking? Are you massaging him? If you aren't impeding him, why put your stick there? Just keep you stick down and use it to play the puck.

The call I don't like, and Lindgren got one tonight, is holding the stick, where the guy has his stick in your chest and under your arm. What's the stick doing there? Those should at least be penalties on both players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12