• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Fires Referee Tim Peel Following Hot-Mic Comment About Penalty Call on Predators

Yeah, what Karan said. This is has been commonplace for years. I'm glad it's come to light. I really don't like how the referees feel they need to make things more 'fair' by trying to make the powerplay opportunities as equal as they can. If one team is being more disciplined than the other, then so be it. Don't screw with the games to try and even things out.

And any game with an big imbalance in PPs gets the "Refs cheated us" treatment. lol

People will never accept that their team might have played dirtier than the other.

I wonder if we see more or less of the dumb hooking call when the stick in on the waist, but not really hooking

So what's your stick doing on the guy's waist if you are not hooking? Are you massaging him? If you aren't impeding him, why put your stick there? Just keep you stick down and use it to play the puck.

The call I don't like, and Lindgren got one tonight, is holding the stick, where the guy has his stick in your chest and under your arm. What's the stick doing there? Those should at least be penalties on both players.