• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Isles Expected to be in Rental Market for Taylor Hall or Kyle Palmieri

Phil

The Islanders have played three games without Lee already, and 22-year-old first-round pick Kieffer Bellows has replaced him on the top line, scoring three goals. If he keeps that up, the Islanders won't necessarily have to replace Lee's spot in the lineup but could use the cap room to seek out other needs up front.

"We're always trying to find a scoring winger...that's not something that's easy to do," Lamoriello said. "If we can we will. As you see right now we've got a young player in his spot who's done extremely well so if we can do something in another forward position that's going to make us better we will.

"But if we have an opportunity to get a scorer, we certainly will do that without sacrificing what is coming in the future."

Expect the Isles to be in the rental market for the likes of Taylor Hall or Kyle Palmieri.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-rumour-roundup-islanders-look-fill-void-left-anders-lee-injury/

I'd be fine sending them one of our top scorers (Blackwell) for the right price :rolleyes:

Love the idea of the not so good isles giving up assets for rentals though

If you think about it, Buchnevich probably gets more in a trade than Hall.

• 2 weeks later...
3. Hall will be interesting, and I think it’s possible he stays in Buffalo a bit longer so his cap hit goes down. I said last week on my weekly Buffalo hit (Instigators) that it will be hard for the Sabres to get a first-rounder unless there’s a bidding war. That seems insane, but look at it this way: In a flat-cap world for the foreseeable future, first-round picks are seen as even more valuable. You’re going to need entry-level talents who can make a difference.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-aaron-ekblad-injury-massive-blow-panthers/

I wouldn't be surprised since Lou likes to sign former Devils players, but can they afford Hall or Palmeri at their cap hits?

That means they might have to give up a prospect and a premium draft pick. Let's see what happens.

they have to IMO. they're aiming for the cup and lost Lee

When you look at the top teams in the league, I don't think the Islanders are quite with them, so I hope they blow their top draft pick on Hall or Palmieri and don't make it out of the division. Suits me fine.