Thread: Isles Expected to be in Rental Market for Taylor Hall or Kyle Palmieri

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Isles Expected to be in Rental Market for Taylor Hall or Kyle Palmieri

The Islanders have played three games without Lee already, and 22-year-old first-round pick Kieffer Bellows has replaced him on the top line, scoring three goals. If he keeps that up, the Islanders won't necessarily have to replace Lee's spot in the lineup but could use the cap room to seek out other needs up front.

"We're always trying to find a scoring winger...that's not something that's easy to do," Lamoriello said. "If we can we will. As you see right now we've got a young player in his spot who's done extremely well so if we can do something in another forward position that's going to make us better we will.

"But if we have an opportunity to get a scorer, we certainly will do that without sacrificing what is coming in the future."

Expect the Isles to be in the rental market for the likes of Taylor Hall or Kyle Palmieri.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...rs-lee-injury/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I'd be fine sending them one of our top scorers (Blackwell) for the right price

Love the idea of the not so good isles giving up assets for rentals though

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I'd be fine sending them one of our top scorers (Blackwell) for the right price

Love the idea of the not so good isles giving up assets for rentals though
    If you think about it, Buchnevich probably gets more in a trade than Hall.

They'll probably go after Hall, balk at the price because he's not doing well in Buffalo, and then settle on Palmieri because Lou knows him, too.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

3. Hall will be interesting, and I think it’s possible he stays in Buffalo a bit longer so his cap hit goes down. I said last week on my weekly Buffalo hit (Instigators) that it will be hard for the Sabres to get a first-rounder unless there’s a bidding war. That seems insane, but look at it this way: In a flat-cap world for the foreseeable future, first-round picks are seen as even more valuable. You’re going to need entry-level talents who can make a difference.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...blow-panthers/
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised since Lou likes to sign former Devils players, but can they afford Hall or Palmeri at their cap hits?

That means they might have to give up a prospect and a premium draft pick. Let's see what happens.
    It's not personal, it's strictly business

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised since Lou likes to sign former Devils players, but can they afford Hall or Palmeri at their cap hits?

That means they might have to give up a prospect and a premium draft pick. Let's see what happens.
    they have to IMO. they're aiming for the cup and lost Lee

Senior Member Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    they have to IMO. they're aiming for the cup and lost Lee
    You're right, they really need more scoring depth on the top six. Barzal can only do so much.
    It's not personal, it's strictly business

Senior Member Bantam Division
    When you look at the top teams in the league, I don't think the Islanders are quite with them, so I hope they blow their top draft pick on Hall or Palmieri and don't make it out of the division. Suits me fine.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens