Thread: Anders Lee Undergoing Season-Ending ACL Surgery

Senior Member Midget Division

Anders Lee Undergoing Season-Ending ACL Surgery

https://nypost.com/2021/03/17/anders...slanders-blow/
    slanders captain Anders Lee will undergo season-ending ACL surgery later this week, GM Lou Lamoriello said Wednesday.

Lee suffered a torn ACL in the first period of last Thursday’s win over the Devils, and he was placed Sunday on long-term injured reserve.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Rangers should loan Gauthier to the Islanders for a pick.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    i hate the islanders but you hate to admit that they are kind of a great story in the nhl for so many years, and this guy is such a big part of that. you hate to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    i hate the islanders but you hate to admit that they are kind of a great story in the nhl for so many years, and this guy is such a big part of that. you hate to see it
    True. Small market success then covid and the injury fucks it up when they're on a roll.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    hate the team/logo but the coach and players, you gotta respect. tough to see anyone get hurt that bad

Yeah, never liked the Islanders, of course, but I've always been a big Trotz fan. What he's done there just enhances how much of a fantastic coach he is. I would argue that Washington letting him go might have cost them another Stanley Cup.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yeah, never liked the Islanders, of course, but I've always been a big Trotz fan. What he's done there just enhances how much of a fantastic coach he is. I would argue that Washington letting him go might have cost them another Stanley Cup.
    I respect that hes a good coach but i absolutely hate his style of play.

It was somewhat bearable with the likes of Ovechkin in the line up but watching the isles play is just brutal- 8+ times in one year never the less.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Oh Fuck them. Their fans are trash, their arena smells like pee, and did i mention their fans are trash?

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I respect that hes a good coach but i absolutely hate his style of play.

It was somewhat bearable with the likes of Ovechkin in the line up but watching the isles play is just brutal- 8+ times in one year never the less.
    Yeah, that's fair. I agree that his style lends to a pretty boring style of hockey. Obviously Washington made it better because of their raw talent. But, he's getting the absolute most he possibly can from that Islanders roster, and then some.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yeah, that's fair. I agree that his style lends to a pretty boring style of hockey. Obviously Washington made it better because of their raw talent. But, he's getting the absolute most he possibly can from that Islanders roster, and then some.
    No doubt and you're probably right about the caps missing a 2nd cup without him

I hate the Islanders. Lee was always a good kid though. I saw him play HS hockey when he was in 10th grade. He had a good reputation around town. I hope he finishes his career somewhere else so I can root for him.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    Yeeaaaaaa, no. I do not hate to see it. I'd love nothing more than for them to come back down to Earth.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    31 Thoughts speculating Hall to Isles (or Boston or Colorado) at the TDL.