• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bettman Says Salary Cap Will Likely Remain Flat for Next Four Years

Phil

flat cap makes Trouba signing infinitely worse

I don’t know. I think we will still see players signing smaller dollar value contracts in these flat cap times. Just very few teams can spend right now. There are probably like 4 or so players in this league where a team wouldn’t blink before giving a blank check and 2 of them are on Edmonton for a while.

Players, agents, gms, everyone pretty much knows contracts signed pre covid times really aren’t that comparable right now to ones coming up in the midst of this.

I suspect that there will be a bit of a disconnect between agents and teams with respect to market rates. It will take a couple of significant players to go UFA and not get what they would have a couple of years ago to get players and management on the same page.

I suspect that there will be a bit of a disconnect between agents and teams with respect to market rates. It will take a couple of significant players to go UFA and not get what they would have a couple of years ago to get players and management on the same page.

I mean, that already happened last off season. Nothing that's happened since should give any party involved hope that the outlook has changed when the league itself is talking about four straight years of at least a flat cap, if not potentially a cap rollback.

We are struggling to play defense though and he’s a big part of that

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Actually, our problem is offense. We're a top-10 defense in this league in terms of goals against, but we're 8 goals behind the 'goals for' league average. I think our defensive "struggles" get exacerbated because we're so bad at scoring.

Our high-danger scoring chances against for the year are 56, with a league average of 83. Our high-danger goals against are 8, while the league average is 12. We're within half a percent of the league's average high-danger conversion rate.

Actually, our problem is offense. We're a top-10 defense in this league in terms of goals against, but we're 8 goals behind the 'goals for' league average. I think our defensive "struggles" get exacerbated because we're so bad at scoring.

Our high-danger scoring chances against for the year are 56, with a league average of 83. Our high-danger goals against are 8, while the league average is 12. We're within half a percent of the league's average high-danger conversion rate.

Fair enough- he's not good at the offense either ;)

• 2 months later...
22. A few sources are indicating that revenue numbers this year are expected to be around the $1.8- to $2-billion dollar range. When you factor in money owed by the players to the league under the CBA, teams are estimating the cap will stay static for several years. Most sources suggested through 2024–25.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-whats-next-seth-jones-blue-jackets/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk