• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bettman: Helmet Ads "More likely than not" to Stay Beyond Current Season

Phil

LMAO. Good luck with that. That’s what they said about ads on boards, then on the ice.

Most AHL teams have multiple ads on helmets now

Let me rephrase- if they multiply I hope they're as insignificant as the ones they have on their helmets now.

Im not even against ads on jerseys I just dont want to watch the New Planters Citi Chase Eukanuba Rust-oleum Rangers.

Let me rephrase- if they multiply I hope they're as insignificant as the ones they have on their helmets now.

Im not even against ads on jerseys I just dont want to watch the New Planters Citi Chase Eukanuba Rust-oleum Rangers.

I'd bet $20 they'll have a nice big Mass Mutual East Division logo on the jerseys within 2 years.

The one thing I wish they'd do is color coordinate more. I know it's mostly a corporate thing that they have limits on what colors you can use for your logo, and Chase primarily in blue on white helmets or white on blue helmets is pretty good, but there are some obnoxious ones that stick out.

For instance, the Penguins with PPG Energy being a sky blue logo on yellow helmets. I wish they made it a black logo so it doesn't stick out as much.

The one thing I wish they'd do is color coordinate more. I know it's mostly a corporate thing that they have limits on what colors you can use for your logo, and Chase primarily in blue on white helmets or white on blue helmets is pretty good, but there are some obnoxious ones that stick out.

For instance, the Penguins with PPG Energy being a sky blue logo on yellow helmets. I wish they made it a black logo so it doesn't stick out as much.

The ads are supposed to stick out. That's why they are advertisements and not magic eye images.